2021 NHL Offseason - Let's Get Kraken

spartacat_12

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Nashville prospect Luke Prokop comes out as gay.  He played last season in the WHL with the Calgary Hitmen.

I would imagine the overwhelming positive reaction we saw with Carl Nassib in the NFL helped Luke Prokop feel comfortable with coming out. 99.9% of fans I have seen have been supportive of both players and I think it is wonderful. 

T1oYViW.png

On 7/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

If you hadn't linked that, I would've. And I haven't even hovered over the link to see what it is, because anybody who knows "Pierre McGuire" and "coaching" will know what exactly is hiding behind that link. We've all read that article, probably multiple times.

But I'm going to put in a good word for Pierre. I'm perfectly familiar with being able to remember obscure, generally useless information while being somewhat socially awkward at the same time. He's also always been enthusiastic and passionate on the air. Never much cared for his generally random and unprovoked attacks against "analytics", but other than that I grew to at least appreciate some of the good things he could bring to an NHL broadcast. There are plenty worse around. 

what posting system do you use that makes anything you quote be black and u readable?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seattle is apparently close to making a deal with Chris Driedger for 3 years x $3.5 million. Ever since the rumour about them being interested in Driedger started months ago I've been confused about it.

From Seattle's perspective, he's going to be a UFA next week, so why waste an expansion pick on him when you can just wait until the markets open and sign him then? They'd be able to take a useful forward like Vatrano or Acciari, and still land Driedger. I get that they might be worried about him signing somewhere else, but he's clearly interested in Seattle, and they'll most likely be able to offer more than anyone else, depending on how much cap space they decide to save after picking players.

And from Driedger's perspective, you are about to hit the UFA market after having a career year. I'd have to think he could get more than $3.5 on the open market, so it seems strange for him to lock himself down before even hearing some other offers.

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if Driedger turns into Scott Darling 2.0.

18 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Seattle is apparently close to making a deal with Chris Driedger for 3 years x $3.5 million. Ever since the rumour about them being interested in Driedger started months ago I've been confused about it.

From Seattle's perspective, he's going to be a UFA next week, so why waste an expansion pick on him when you can just wait until the markets open and sign him then? They'd be able to take a useful forward like Vatrano or Acciari, and still land Driedger. I get that they might be worried about him signing somewhere else, but he's clearly interested in Seattle, and they'll most likely be able to offer more than anyone else, depending on how much cap space they decide to save after picking players.

And from Driedger's perspective, you are about to hit the UFA market after having a career year. I'd have to think he could get more than $3.5 on the open market, so it seems strange for him to lock himself down before even hearing some other offers.

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if Driedger turns into Scott Darling 2.0.

They have to select three goalies either way and may want to get the deal done while they have exclusive negotiating rights.  It seems like they might still get Vatrano in a side deal, anyways. 

IUe6Hvh.png

So the Kraken picks have officially been submitted, and we will find out the full team in just under 10 hours.

The report is that Seattle has agreed to contracts with Adam Larsson & Jamie Oleksiak, which would make them their selections from Edmonton & Dallas respectively. I stand by my previous point that taking UFAs is poor asset management, but I guess the Oiler & Stars don't have many other appealing options.

Yesterday, footage of them recording a segment at Pike Place Market for tonight's announcement leaked, during which they said that Kerfoot would be their pick from Toronto. The team tried to cover their butts by saying they recorded multiple player names, but that was refuted by people who were nearby. They said every take used Kerfoot as the name.

Also, it has been reported that they did not make any sort of side deal with Tampa, so they'll be taking whichever player they like. Most likely either Gourde or Palat.

If the picks are true, then Boston came out with a best-case scenario (which could have also applied to them selecting Nick Ritchie) by selecting Jeremy Lauzon. Thank you, Seattle. Thank you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Apparently the Calgary pick will be Mark Giordano.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Almost every selection has leaked.

spacer.png

We still need to wait and see what side deals they've done, but there's a lot of underwhelming choices here. They must've gotten some sort of sweeteners to pass on Kahkonen, Domi, and Bean. Looks like keeping as much cap space as possible was Francis's goal here.

There is almost certainly a deal in place with Carolina to prevent them from taking Jake Bean. If there is in fact a deal in place I think it confirms Carolina is not planning to keep Dougie and saw Bean as someone they had to keep to lessen that blow. 

T1oYViW.png

Going to miss Gourde if he is the pick from Tampa Bay.   I'd get a Kraken Gourde jersey if I still wore jerseys at all. 

They're going to be well under the cap and we don't know the side deals so I'll wait to judge them. 

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

We still need to wait and see what side deals they've done, but there's a lot of underwhelming choices here. They must've gotten some sort of sweeteners to pass on Kahkonen, Domi, and Bean. Looks like keeping as much cap space as possible was Francis's goal here.

Most scuttlebutt I'm hearing is that they'll be taking John Quenneville from Chicago.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Carey Price won't be picked by Seattle because their management dept. knows he's not very good.

It's very telling about what Carey's true value actually is. He made the Cup final, Seattle can just take him without losing anybody and they refused.

How can they pass on the Best Goaltender in the World, of the last 2 decades, and the Greatest of All-Time?

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yesterday, footage of them recording a segment at Pike Place Market for tonight's announcement leaked, during which they said that Kerfoot would be their pick from Toronto. The team tried to cover their butts by saying they recorded multiple player names, but that was refuted by people who were nearby. They said every take used Kerfoot as the name.

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

Seeing as how Alex Kerfoot and Jared McCann are not the same player I don't know much stock can be taken in this.

VmWIn6B.png

Surprised not to see  Kahkonen on there.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived