MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Always wanted to see what a batting helmet would look like if they tried to match the pinstripes of the hats. Good effort, but not quite right. 

57 minutes ago, BBTV said:

FZo99k2WYAAMS38?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If you look close, it looks like all the stripes are hand painted, with the navy (or black?) ones being painted first, then the red band on top (you can see the stripes through the red band.)

Given what that takes (especially considering all the ridges in the helmet, which you can kinda see in the back, I'm more than willing to give them a pass for omitting the stripes that would go behind the C.  You'd be able to see them bleed through, which would be no good.  They could have done the brim ones - not sure why they'd go so far only to skip those, unless they thought that since they wouldn't have crown stripes to connect to, they weren't needed?

Overall, great job with this.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

They're missing the front pair of pintripes that go behind the sides of the C. The have the middle one on it's own from the brim of the hat, but then the ones to either side of hit are missing on the helmet.

One reason I've never liked pinstriped hats is the stripes are printed on the panels and then the panels are cut into their triangular shapes and sewn together, which results in the pinstripes forming the triangular shapes on the front, sides, and back.

IMG_6581-600x537.jpg

The batting helmet is painted and doesn't have panels, but I think I would've preferred trying to paint it to more closely resemble how a pinstriped hat looks than just having all the stripes roll around the top of the helmet and back to the other side. Edit: OR just take every pinstripe up to the top of the helmet and end at the same point where the squatchee would be if it were a hat. Does that make sense? 

The funny thing is that third picture where you can see the side view better kind of in a way resembles the Bengals new white helmets.

I give them points for trying. When they did their throwback bonanza for the 150th a few years ago they were pretty lazy and/or cheap about matching the batting helmets to the hats when the throwback hat called for a helmet color other than red (was quite dissapointed when they didn't do the 99 team justice) so I'm glad to see them making an effort. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

I did notice that the Field of Dreams jerseys aren't on the Majestic/standard template — this may have been covered at some point in the thread, but I wonder if Nike will finally move over to its own template next year? (Side note: these half button-up jerseys are interesting.)

• Like 1

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

I did notice that the Field of Dreams jerseys aren't on the Majestic/standard template — this may have been covered at some point in the thread, but I wonder if Nike will finally move over to its own template next year? (Side note: these half button-up jerseys are interesting.)

What on god's green earth are the pinstripes around the collar on the reds jersey

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

51 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

What on god's green earth are the pinstripes around the collar on the reds jersey

Back in the day, the plackets were separate pieces that were sewed on, so the pinstripes didn't always match.

1320a_Auc58_lg.jpeg

6826263%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/7/2022 at 10:34 PM, MNtwins3 said:

Orioles wore the black road caps with the home uniforms today

I think it might be time to make the switch. The white-paneled home caps carry a lot of good memories for me (and I would wager most O’a fans) as they were initially introduced in 2012, the first time the O’s had been good in 15 years, so that season is definitely special. But I think the black road cap just looks better. Something about the Orioles in a black cap with an orange brim at home just looks right. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 3

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I think it might be time to make the switch. The white-paneled home caps carry a lot of good memories for me (and I would wager most O’a fans) as they were initially introduced in 2012, the first time the O’s had been good in 15 years, so that season is definitely special. But I think the black road cap just looks better. Something about the Orioles in a black cap with an orange brim at home just looks right. 

Maybe they can bring back an all-black hat for road games and make the white panel hat a Sunday hat. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

It's still the standard Majestic template. The extra collar details are common in throwbacks. Ditto for the half placket. 

White_Sox_6-4.jpg

image-placeholder-title.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's still the standard Majestic template. The extra collar details are common in throwbacks. Ditto for the half placket. 

White_Sox_6-4.jpg

image-placeholder-title.jpg

I don’t think it’s the same template because you also see a weird collar above the placket.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:06 PM, Crabcake said:

That Cubs hat is great but MLB is off their rocker if they think I'm paying $44 for it.

That's what I am thinking. I love that old-timey Cubs logo, but unfortunately the money its just too much. 

rAUPGPZ.png

40 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Those are counterfeits.

All of them, really?

Every New Era hat I've bought off eBay has been no different than one I've bought off Fanatics or purchased in a team store. Except for New Era's own sizing inconsistencies, of course.