Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

48 minutes ago, JQK said:

The Fanclub was renamed to "The Keepers of the Gold and Burgundy"

Xc6Skbc.png

[MOD EDIT: If an image contains language that the board would filter out in text, then don't post it.]

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Stumbled upon this Washington concept on Dribbble

Its laughable, but not surprising, how people not associated with the team can have better designs than the team’s actual final product 

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s just like most things. K.I.S.S. Or Keep It Simple Stupid. When you try to get too cute, and follow trends and over complicate things you ultimately come up with worse looks than doing the obvious things.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s just like most things. K.I.S.S. Or Keep It Simple Stupid. When you try to get too cute, and follow trends and over complicate things you ultimately come up with worse looks than doing the obvious things.

So true, whoever the leagues are hiring to design these new uniforms (and probably have never watched a game in their lives)  seem to overthink everything from trying to to add something pertaining to the city seems all the time, and I especially laugh when describing a color, it's not blue but BOLD blue or ANGRY red. THEY ARE FREAKIN COLORS! K.I.S.S., amen!!!

• Like 1

God, this rebrand and identity sucks so much.  The Guardians was at least divisive and clearly a bridge to something more later on.  This is just like watching somebody fart so hard they crap their pants.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Stumbled upon this Washington concept on Dribbble

Its laughable, but not surprising, how people not associated with the team can have better designs than the team’s actual final product 

spacer.png

This red one would be perfect for the Cardinals. But my issue with the sleeve striping is that it's like the Steelers and Chiefs had a baby.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

God, this rebrand and identity sucks so much.  The Guardians was at least divisive and clearly a bridge to something more later on.  This is just like watching somebody fart so hard they crap their pants.

After seeing this, it really made me appreciate the Guardians rebrand. Actually day by day, I'm starting to love everything Cleveland did. Washington should have followed suit. Keep your colors and traditions while just pivoting the name.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

After seeing this, it really made me appreciate the Guardians rebrand. Actually day by day, I'm starting to love everything Cleveland did. Washington should have followed suit. Keep your colors and traditions while just pivoting the name.  

I was thinking about that too, actually.

I'm really upset I can't buy this on a hat:

ff_4564351-3a00c88442b14bc5119ealt1_full

Or at least not on a 47 brand Clean-Up style hat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Washington will always remain a tone deaf organization.

After 14+ years which includes one uniform supplier change and three different franchise names, they still continue to make money off a dead “retired” player

At least sell a Dexter Manley jersey and use the money to combat adult illiteracy.

• Like 1

Holy hell this is bad. 

Wow.

Even people with bad taste agree these suck.

All they had to do is change the name. Commanders is pretty lame but even that would have been fine. Keep the uniforms, "modernize" it a bit with a new font and helmet finish (think Minnesota Vikings or Michigan football Jordan rebrand), and call it a friggin day. 

I'd pay to see someone punch Daniel Snyder.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1