NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

4 hours ago, FSUViking said:

I know people love to complain about literally everything in this sub......but what's wrong with that logo? Its fine. Who cares?

It was honestly impossible for me to imagine a graphic design so crudely conceived that so much space is wasted, yet still they manage to let the featured element get cut off because it doesnt fit. That is, it was impossible until I saw this logo. Its like they dared their designer to develop the graphic design-equivalent to fitting a square peg in a round hole. Its actually painful. Its about sports, its a logo, and, by god, it is bad.

• Like 3

There's speculation on twitter that the Cardinals are unveiling new uniforms soon. Amid the Kyler Murray Instagram drama, the Cardinals page only has two pictures up. One of Kyler on draft day and one of him at the Pro Bowl. People think he's using the drama as a stunt to get people talking and then bam, the Cardinals unveil new uniforms while people are already engaged. 

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You want another NFL change for 2022? Here's another bad one.

Prime-Video-NFL-logo-1096x477-1-e1644520

amazon-prime-tnf.jpg

That first one looks like someone half assed the actual logo. It's an OK logo, it does what it's supposed to. I noticed the outline on the first picture posted looks like when I use another logo as a backdrop and then add the stroke on a not so clean item. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

There's speculation on twitter that the Cardinals are unveiling new uniforms soon. Amid the Kyler Murray Instagram drama, the Cardinals page only has two pictures up. One of Kyler on draft day and one of him at the Pro Bowl. People think he's using the drama s a stunt to get people talking and then bam, the Cardinals unveil new uniforms while people are already engaged. 

Since there's at least a new helmet coming out, they may as well completely change out the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I'm already preparing to be disappointed by a new Cardinals uniform and then immediately feeling nostalgic for the current look. I'd rather have mediocre uniforms over whatever horrible concoction Nike has probably come up with.

spacer.png

One can only dream they take the Vikings approach

Going from this-

spacer.png

To this-

spacer.png

• Like 14

45 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I'm already preparing to be disappointed by a new Cardinals uniform and then immediately feeling nostalgic for the current look. I'd rather have mediocre uniforms over whatever horrible concoction Nike has probably come up with.

spacer.png

These are far removed from mediocre. Any sort of uniform that removes the piping is automatically an upgrade.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

I'm ready for it.

2ab4aa3a-493c-4eeb-a019-abd8084fa355.dd24a8aee68deef83697ad5ccccf10a0.jpeg

Seeing the Cardinals in anything other than a gray mask just feels wrong to me. They're the only non-silver-helmeted team to never change to a colored mask. Yes, it looks terribly out of place with their current horrible uniforms, but here's hoping they go with a more traditional look. And the fact that they kept the gray mask while modernizing the logo and uniforms makes me think that they believed the gray mask was an important part of their history and identity. I hope they still believe that because if anyone in the league should be wearing a gray mask, it's the oldest team in the league.

• Like 15
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 5

spacer.png

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Remember when the Chargers, Browns, and Buccaneers gave us hope that terrible uniform changes were starting to become a thing of the past, and going forward we might be able to actually look forward to uniform reveals again?

Short lived.

The Washington Commanders deep-6'd that pretty quickly. 

• Love 2

15 hours ago, burgundy said:

Seeing the Cardinals in anything other than a gray mask just feels wrong to me. They're the only non-silver-helmeted team to never change to a colored mask. Yes, it looks terribly out of place with their current horrible uniforms, but here's hoping they go with a more traditional look. And the fact that they kept the gray mask while modernizing the logo and uniforms makes me think that they believed the gray mask was an important part of their history and identity. I hope they still believe that because if anyone in the league should be wearing a gray mask, it's the oldest team in the league.

I think the Cardinals could afford to have a sort of “desert gray” facemask, maybe a similar shade to USC:

V6lGXj6.jpg

It would appeal to the look of a desert cardinal (native to the Southwest, including Arizona), while keeping the team in a traditional aesthetic.

eVIR23I.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Remember when the Chargers, Browns, and Buccaneers gave us hope that terrible uniform changes were starting to become a thing of the past, and going forward we might be able to actually look forward to uniform reveals again?

Short lived.

People just love to complain.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I think the Cardinals could afford to have a sort of “desert gray” facemask, maybe a similar shade to USC:

V6lGXj6.jpg

It would appeal to the look of a desert cardinal (native to the Southwest, including Arizona), while keeping the team in a traditional aesthetic.

eVIR23I.jpg

Not a bad idea. A nice subtle update that makes the branding more cohesive, even though only nerds like us would notice. If they wanted to get wild, they could do a desert gray alt, and I think it could be better than the black alts.

• Like 2

spacer.png