NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Just now, MJD7 said:

I can’t lie, I don’t hate this. I definitely don’t love it, but I do think it would be an upgrade, if ever so slight. *ducks*

The unis are a slight upgrade from what they currently wear -- but those bastardized helmets would be worse than 2010s Jags, current Rams and black Commanders helmets combined.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png

On 2/11/2022 at 1:00 AM, Bruhammydude said:

My ideal Arizona Cardinals would look similar to this, courtesy of @oldschoolvikings

dU1WvKw.png

On 2/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It looks good. 

Just want to note its effectively a red/black version of the Houston Oilers.

fcc459a93be0ed65c9f88cd2015d8717_800x.jp

On 2/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, GriffinM6 said:

This is just Ohio State without helmet stripes and silver. 

I only steal from the best.

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The unis are a slight upgrade from what they currently wear -- but those bastardized helmets would be worse than 2010s Jags, current Rams and black Commanders helmets combined.

I wouldn’t go quite that far myself—all of those helmets set an extremely low bar—but I do agree that the helmet would be a downgrade. The worst I could say about it though is it just strikes me as sort of Eagles-lite.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, BBTV said:

Not sure what jersey they'd wear it with since 2023 is the first year they can wear a kelly green jersey (unless they secretly put in for it back when the world was ending in 2020, which is unlikely).

It has to be black, right?  Just not sure how the rules work - like can they wear a black alt helmet next year then switch it to kelly green in 2023 when they (presumably) have those jerseys ready to go?  Or if they go black, would they be stuck with it for a few years?  Who the hell knows in this wacky era of NFL fashion we're living in.

Do we know if it’s a two helmet rule now or is it however many they want?

I’ve wondered if they’ll shift the black to having Kelly green accents…. so if it is just two helmets they could introduce the Kelly green helmet this year if that’s the case.

I could see the eagles with a black helmet for their alternate. I could also see them in a white throwback to get a feel on a full time Kelly green return and also I could see them just with a kelly throwback. I don’t think any scenario would prevent them from altering their 23 uniforms if they choose to.

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

Not a bad idea. A nice subtle update that makes the branding more cohesive, even though only nerds like us would notice. If they wanted to get wild, they could do a desert gray alt, and I think it could be better than the black alts.

Somebody already went there for ya bruh....

4N1ijT4.jpeg

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

51 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Do we know if it’s a two helmet rule now or is it however many they want?

I’ve wondered if they’ll shift the black to having Kelly green accents…. so if it is just two helmets they could introduce the Kelly green helmet this year if that’s the case.

Unlikely, since they would have had to have had that new black jersey in the works in 2019 and finalized in early 2020.  They've been consistent in wanting a full kelly alt, so it stands to reason that's what's coming in 2023.   As for how many helmets, I'm not totally sure, so maybe they can have midnight green, black, and kelly, but that would be a disaster so I really hope they never have more than two.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, MGoBlue98 said:

In my opinion, the helmet *should* be red with a yellow face mask. But that wouldn’t work with the logo 

ArizonaCardinalsRiddellFlashHelmet05_8d6

If the Cardinals were starting from scratch (ala an expansion team), a red helmet would make 100% sense. I don't see them going that route after 279 years wearing a white lid

• Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

ArizonaCardinalsRiddellFlashHelmet05_8d6

If the Cardinals were starting from scratch (ala an expansion team), a red helmet would make 100% sense. I don't see them going that route after 279 years wearing a white lid

nice red and yellow render!  as much as i like it, it goes against my opposition to fellow Panthers fans wanting us to have a black helmet.  this cards logo has the nice heavy white border to break up logo from background color vs the Panthers branding guide where the new logo doesn't allow for white borders, and logo disappears into the helmet color (esp when viewed from a distance).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

16 hours ago, hormone said:

I could see the eagles with a black helmet for their alternate. I could also see them in a white throwback to get a feel on a full time Kelly green return and also I could see them just with a kelly throwback. I don’t think any scenario would prevent them from altering their 23 uniforms if they choose to.

One thing the Eagles could do, although I'm pretty positive they won't, is to go with a white alternate helmet.  That would give them the option of having a kelly green throwback, and if they swap out the logo, a white alternate helmet to wear with the modern midnight green uniform.

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Is there actually news about the Cardinals changing their uniforms or are we just speculating? 

Speculating on speculation. 

Kyle Murray removed references to the Cardinals on his social media and someone thought that might mean new uniforms. Easier pathway is that he isn't happy with the team. 

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Speculating on speculation. 

Kyle Murray removed references to the Cardinals on his social media and someone thought that might mean new uniforms. Easier pathway is that he isn't happy with the team. 

Apparently he is so weak minded that he upset with fans blaming him for the loss and wants out. 

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

Apparently he is so weak minded that he upset with fans blaming him for the loss and wants out. 

According to anonymous sources by mouthpiece Schefter. Anonymous sources are BS in this case. 

It's where I sit.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:58 AM, Cujo said:

After to @nitroseed's immortal logo, this is the next-best Cards concept I've ever come across

euu6v2nwovh61.jpg

Adding the colors from the state flag might actually be the spice this dull brand needs.  Drop the Black, add Navy/Orange/Gold.  It's already in the logo.  They've already got Gold in the logo, but if you add just that, it'll be too close to Kansas City & Washington, so swap in some Navy & Orange...subtly.

• Like 2