NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

This is a really rough edit (done on an iphone at work, and is not reflective of my photoshop skills) but i think it conveys what it would look like if they moved the stripe down, removed the logo, and stretched the numbers

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is a really rough edit (done on an iphone at work, and is not reflective of my photoshop skills) but i think it conveys what it would look like if they moved the stripe down, removed the logo, and stretched the numbers

spacer.png

Meh. Now they just look like the 2000s Lions with black numbers

• Like 4

8 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I'm not as warm on the silver pants as you are. The blue color rush pants would be perfect with the black and white jerseys, especially if they ever switched to a blue helmet. I do agree that the black pants don't look good with either the black or white jerseys. They should be reserved exclusively for the blue jerseys.

The Panthers should just remove the TV numbers, problem solved. The shoulder stripes look great ever since they switched templates in 2019.

I think the two color is what makes them pop, I'd hate to see that go.

I don’t know if this opinion is popular on here, but I think Carolina’a best look is black jersey/black pants/blue socks. I think the black pants are pretty solid. It just annoys me to no end that they choose to pair them with black socks. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

27 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Meh. Now they just look like the 2000s Lions with black numbers

Those jerseys (unpopular opinion) are my favorite iteration of Lions jerseys, but Detroit shouldn’t be wearing black anyways. They look like a copycat of Carolina, especially the black jersey. 

On 4/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, Jezus_Ghoti said:

3 stripes! Finally.

spacer.png

Honestly, this is a really nice change that's subtle in scale, but big in meaning. Certainly going to go over well with the fans. Also makes the initial Nike cutoff of the 3 stripes look even sillier. 

I'll also be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the saloon font but it doesn't look too bad on the chest. Nicely done , Niners. Nicely done.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The weird thing about this uniform is that they're wearing mostly silver pants in the picture there. I say mostly because apparently the team had white, silver and gray pants and it was all depending on the player. I assume it was a laundry issue or something.

bSLCtu2.png

12 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

I’m definitely on board with something like this, great idea. I’d much rather Carolina try to preserve what they can from thier set and make it work somehow than try to get cute with a rebrand. There’s been very few, if any, Panthers concepts I’ve seen that I feel are genuine improvements and there’s also just too much potential for a rebranding disaster for them. No need to trot out in claw-scratched spacesuits when a change like what you’ve done will perfectly suffice.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Seeing this and I'm even more convinced the TV numbers are unnecessary. There's just not enough real estate on those sleeves to justify putting anything there. I'd much rather see a simple black jersey that emphasizes those blue and silver sleeve stripes. 

Definitely agree.  We've seen some new uniforms remove TV numbers (Patriots and Rams), so precedence is there.

• Like 1

The only possible changes for the Niners that I would like are adding back the sock stripes and making the swooshes and wordmark gold on the jersey. Just the slightest hint of gold on the unis would elevate it to the best uniform in the league for me, and it would still look like the Niners. That's all it takes to bump this set from a 9/10 to a 10/10.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

39 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And add gold and/or black trim on their jerseys.

1iN6tfl.png

T3ScqOc.png

pUiJBcX.png

Have we seen these before?

IJHfqA6.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Hate 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

14 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

That concept is a 9.5/10 to me. Add a black outline to the 49ers logo above the numbers and it's a 10. Either that or black swooshes maybe? But I'm afraid that would stick out like a sore thumb

NO BLACK!

I like black for the 49ers, but if O had to remove black from the logo, or add it to the jerseys, i would pick the former. Black doesn’t belong on the jerseys.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

Not sure why anyone would want to add black to the 49ers jersey. They tried that already and it wasn't great. The jersey is obviously a classic.  I wouldn't change it because it is just what it's supposed to be. But the idea of making the swooshes gold is actually a good one.  Subtle and clever. The swooshes don't factor in in terms of the true design anyway.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

NO BLACK!

I like black for the 49ers, but if O had to remove black from the logo, or add it to the jerseys, i would pick the former. Black doesn’t belong on the jerseys.

I could live with just red and gold but then remove black from the logo!

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not sure why anyone would want to add black to the 49ers jersey. They tried that already and it wasn't great. The jersey is obviously a classic.  I wouldn't change it because it is just what it's supposed to be. But the idea of making the swooshes gold is actually a good one.  Subtle and clever. The swooshes don't factor in in terms of the true design anyway.

Meh, they tried but with gaudy drop shadows. If they only used subtle black trim on the shoulder and pants stripes for example, it might work. I generally don't mind when teams have colours on their logo that they don't use anywhere else on the uniform but in this particular case it kinda annoys me. It would annoy me a lot less if the jersey had a bit of gold on it I think

I dunno maybe I'm just biased, I never liked the 49ers or their uniforms

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And add gold and/or black trim on their jerseys. I'm guessing this is an unpopular opinion but the red and white jerseys are too plain imo

Yes, please. The SF and NYG white/red uniforms are so boring. They look right off the department store rack.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I like black for the 49ers, but if I had to remove black from the logo, or add it to the jerseys, I would pick the former. Black doesn’t belong on the jerseys.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not sure why anyone would want to add black to the 49ers jersey. They tried that already and it wasn't great. The jersey is obviously a classic.  I wouldn't change it because it is just what it's supposed to be. 

Agreed on both counts. The most black I'd be willing to see on the 49ers jersey would be an outline & shadow to the numbers (basically their throwbacks, but with the regular gold pants). Even then, I don't think I'd prefer that to no black at all, even on the helmet logo. It is unfortunate they didn't take this opportunity to update the logo as well.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

But the idea of making the swooshes gold is actually a good one.  Subtle and clever. The swooshes don't factor in in terms of the true design anyway.

I like the gold swoosh idea too, like you said, subtle and clever. I wouldn't like adding any gold to the jersey beyond that, though, as it inevitably tends to muddy up the look, since red & gold are so close in value. 

• Like 3