NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

23 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Half the league would be 16 out of 32 teams in the league. 13 teams have an alternate this year, need 3 more teams to make it half the league. Many of the helmets are new. But the Cowboys, Falcons, and Patriots aren't anything new.

There's still time haha

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

4 hours ago, _RH_ said:

IMO the Bears are a navy team with orange trim and the Bengals are an orange team with black trim.

Agreed on the Bears, but I'd say the Bengals are more like the Orioles, where orange and black are basically equal in their hierarchy, so to speak.  

Somehow, I don't hate the Cardinals helmet.  While I don't think they need two black jerseys, the fact is that they do, and the color rush version is so devoid of white that the regular helmet always looked somewhat out of place when worn with it.  Maybe it's the red flaking, or the subtle tweak to the cardinal, but I didn't find myself sarcastically thinking "oh joy, another black helmet, yay 🙄" like I did with the Eagles and Jets (granted, the Jets actually did a better job than the Iggles in actually including green).

I don't want a green Packers helmet to exist, let's leave that to the Eagles and Jets.  I wouldn't be opposed to white or metallic gold, however, the first because I do want a gold Packers jersey to exist and I think it'd look great with white helmets and pants, and the second only if the league allowed for a "what if?" uniform, in this case the vegas gold-trimmed uniforms the Pack almost switched to in 1994.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Nike couldn't do the midnight green properly previously. So it's not that far off to think they can't do the kelly properly this time. 

Ironic due to Nike U being green...they can't just use Oregon's green and be done with it? 🤨

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 hours ago, JayMac said:

I think, at this point, there is no way we escape the summer without an action green Seahawks helmet...

Also, can't wait for that green Packers helmet. 🙄

Honestly, for a team with experience pushing the boundaries I don’t mind an action green helmet for the Hawks.

BUT - never getting Russ in a Seahawks throwback is an absolute travesty.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

47 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Half the league would be 16 out of 32 teams in the league. 13 teams have an alternate this year, need 3 more teams to make it half the league. Many of the helmets are new. But the Cowboys, Falcons, and Patriots aren't anything new.

My apologies for not being precise. Okay, damn near half the league has an alternate helmet now and I only expect that number to grow. Better? 

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, jakgol said:

If we're playing that card, I think Louisville had black helmets in the 80s and have worn a hundred variations since. 

I don't think anyone is going to turn on the TV and think to themselves "WTF is that Ball State doing playing the Seahawks!?"

5 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I think it's weird that Cinci's seem to be positively received while Chicago is basically doing the same thing.  Maybe the argument is that Chicago has too much history to alter?  Or that using white as a base alt is less "out there" than orange?

I mean, the difference is that Cincy's helmet completes their alternate uniform's aesthetic in a pleasing manner. The Bears' orange helmet with their alt...well, it just makes them looks a hell of a lot like a mishmash of Syracuse and Clemson.

Problem for the Bears using an orange-dominant design is that they have really only two options; they can either look like Syracuse/Clemson...or they can look like Denver.

It's probably hyperbolic on my part, but part of me feels like a line was crossed with that orange Bears helmet. This is one of the league's most historic franchises. They stuck the team's founder's initials on the sleeve ffs. The only alternate helmets they've ever had previously had been throwbacks. 

But this? It feels like it's the final horn blow to usher in uniform Ragnarok. Before the Bears' alt helmet? There are some things that remain untouchable. After the Bears' alt helmet? EVERYTHING is fair game and nothing is sacred. 

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

FYcmz8uWQAALX-E?format=jpg&name=medium

I mean, on the one hand, I've veen waiting for the day we get a primarily orange-and-white uniform [back] in the NFL. On the other hand, I SHO' ain't see Da Bears being the team to do it. 

I should hate everything about this...so why do I not?? (The jersey should have navy numbers trimmed in white, though.)

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I got a better one for you...

EasyDifficultDairycow-size_restricted.gi

8 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Another one.

I don't know how this one flew under the radar for so long; I had a feeling way back in March they were gonna do this...totally doesn't surprise me at all. And no cap...I think I kinda like it! The detail in the logo plus the red flake really sets it off. (But yeah, like @Crabcake said earlier, they can get gone with all that extraspeak, though.)

7 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I think it's weird that Cinci's seem to be positively received while Chicago is basically doing the same thing.  Maybe the argument is that Chicago has too much history to alter?  Or that using white as a base alt is less "out there" than orange?  Personally I don't think I like any of them; just trying to understand why the Bengals got a pass.  Maybe I could accept Bengals if it still had SOME orange in the helmet.  IMO the Bears are a navy team with orange trim and the Bengals are an orange team with black trim.  To me Houston and Carolina are less problematic since their schemes are more balanced (navy/red, black/silver/blue).

Someone mentioned it earlier, but basically it comes down to two things:

1.) Even the Andorians knew the Jungle Kats' Bengals' white helmets were coming, and plus the Bengals aren't really a "traditional" team.

2.) The Bears on the other hand are a traditional team, and in the eyes of many, this kind of thing should be beyond them...and yet, here we are. The very thing so many feared when the NFL officially allowed second helmets has come to pass.

5 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

There’s a concept floating around the internet that uses the back plumage of the Cardinal head as the helmet decal, and where the bird’s face would normally be is just the opening in the helmet where the player’s face is. It sounds goofy, but damned if I wouldn’t like to see that. It really wouldn’t be all that different from what the Eagles, Rams, and Vikings are currently doing. 

spacer.png

I saw another version of that same concept somewhere...I ain't gon' front, I'd kinda like to see that myself!

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As for new helmets... I actually like the cardinals helmet.  Just needs a new base uniform to go with it.  I think the black is being watered down by teams like NYJ, Phila, NO, and WSH. As a side note, I wish the Falcons could pair their red helmet with the new logo, and wear it with the updated uniforms. The black over white is the best combo.  The all white away unis with the red helmet would look gracious as well.