2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

14 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Hopefully, it won't be too heavy for the players because thos look great !

Absolutely L💙VE the Sharks' look. Even if used as a 3rd. As much as I love the original '91 uniforms and logo, the Sharks will be the 1st all-teal team. The Golden Seals were the 1st all-turquoise team. Great to see colour and simplicity return to NHL uniforms.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fl00dsm0k3 said:

San José the away isn’t bad, but the home could improve with black equipment. Their current set has its issues, but they are one of the few teams that I thought their best look was Edge 1.0. the Home and away had great color balance. I know the orange stripes weren’t popular, but This set is in my personal top 10.

The only bad thing with their Edge 1.0 were the awful front numbers, otherwise i agree

The black yokes on a teal base also made things a little less lively. As I recall, they also tried to darken the teal to an Eagles midnight green, but gave it up quickly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, fl00dsm0k3 said:

Vegas looks great. 
San José the away isn’t bad, but the home could improve with black equipment. Their current set has its issues, but they are one of the few teams that I thought their best look was Edge 1.0. the Home and away had great color balance. I know the orange stripes weren’t popular, but This set is in my personal top 10.

The black helmets and pants with the original striping looked great with their lighter teal primary. However, being the first all-teal team is going to make the Sharks stand out in a bold and unique way. Like how the North Stars and Whalers stood out in their all-kelly green uniforms. I also would be okay if the Sharks went all-in with their original '91 look and then went with teal helmets and pants as a 3rd uniform instead of going with another bland black 3rd jersey.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SizzlinSabres said:

spacer.png

Anyone know what this black captain patch is from?  I can't pinpoint it.  Could it possibly be from the new throwback?

Doubtful. Looks like the cross-swords logo on a black jersey. Maybe a custom jersey?

• Like 2
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, SizzlinSabres said:

spacer.png

Anyone know what this black captain patch is from?  I can't pinpoint it.  Could it possibly be from the new throwback?

According to the guy's twitter, the black C is from a backplate from some other jersey, which he used for this custom military jersey.

spacer.png

• Like 3

I’m very interested in seeing what the sharks do. They’ve needed this for a while. I’m not totally sold on an all teal look but it would certainly make them stand out. 

I too actually lean more to the Edge 1.0 look. I made this concept a while that I feel is a good blend of the best of the Sharks different identities and really want these to be real. 

spacer.png

modern shark, fin to match it, update on classic striping and paired with edge 1.0 road with silver. Oh well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SizzlinSabres said:

spacer.png

Speaking of Sabres, it always curious me (esepcially that Sabres team with Peca, Hasek and Satan was my faviourite one back in early 00's) why this logo is named a Goathead when it isn't a Goathead but Bisonhead, there is any explanation behind that?

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

9 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Speaking of Sabres, it always curious me (esepcially that Sabres team with Peca, Hasek and Satan was my faviourite one back in early 00's) why this logo is named a Goathead when it isn't a Goathead but Bisonhead, there is any explanation behind that?

because it looks like a goat's head. Just in the same way that the slug looked like a slug.

(I dont see it, but that's where it came from)

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

because it looks like a goat's head. Just in the same way that the slug looked like a slug.

(I dont see it, but that's where it came from)

I don't see it either it's clearly a bison head. Buffaslug on the other hand really look like a new species of animal so the name is reasonable.

4r2eer.png

29 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I don't see it either it's clearly a bison head. Buffaslug on the other hand really look like a new species of animal so the name is reasonable.

Well I would imagine that it would be the Buffalohead, but people probably thought it was so ugly, it looked like a goat. It was an insult. Just like the slug…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

27 minutes ago, riccirulesall said:

Tweet

Same source that leaked the sharks mockups says that the rebrand is likely to come this season

Thats awesome!  Huge upgrade for them, especially on the road.  Their old uniform was basically black and white on the road, no team colors really came across.  This will actually make them a teal team. 

1239654282.0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

41 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Thats awesome!  Huge upgrade for them, especially on the road.  Their old uniform was basically black and white on the road, no team colors really came across.  This will actually make them a teal team. 

1239654282.0.jpg

You mean other than all the teal on the stripes, collar, and numbers? 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

13 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Same reason the 90s Penguins logo is called the Robo Penguin even though it looks like an actual penguin

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this Sharks change at all. Their brand could definitely use a refresh, but this feels like 1 step forward and 2 back. I've never once heard anyone complain about them wearing black equipment. The Flyers wear black pants/helmets/gloves, but no one gets confused about whether or not they're a black or orange team.

They clearly wanted to do some version of their inaugural jersey striping, but without the grey it just looks dull & uninspired. They should have just went the Buffalo route and made some tweaks to their original logo & jerseys.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

38 minutes ago, dont care said:

You mean other than all the teal on the stripes, collar, and numbers? 

The largest color blocks are white and black, especially watching a game on TV:

ZNkHLM4.png

Its basically just black and white and they removed the waist stripes that had the biggest teal block... 

The teal equipment will really help this drab look on TV! 

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever watched a modern NHL game that used the high-up TV camera exclusively. 

The additional stripes will help, but I still think the original lighter teal and silver would still be better than a bunch of dark teal. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.