2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

22 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

honestly that’s partly what pisses me off so much about the ads.  They aren’t that noticeable and prominent so why have them?!  It’s not like euro soccer where they are the main element of the jersey. 

Why screw up a jersey and all the history of the game for a small little patch.  Just so lame and greedy.  

Please let us all know the next time you turn down money that's offered to you, like a raise at your job.

• Like 5
  • Meh 2
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 3

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

The Oilers were also one of the few teams last season that didn't use a helmet sponsor. They will have one for 2022-23, though (Skip the Dishes on the roads).

It's kind of a sad position we're in when my first thought was "Oh that will look okay, at least the orange matches."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

You mean like how the Oilers just did?

also

Multi-millionaires making another penny on the dollar 9-5 wageslave accepting a raise

Yes, just like that. If it is an honor or whatever that someone doesn't take money offered to them, the amount you make is immaterial to the act.

If you're a wageslave, get another job.

• Dislike 7

It's where I sit.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:27 PM, officeglenn said:

From @nhlbreakers on Instagram:

dx59ovuejvm91.jpg

Yeah, Barça used to be proud of this, too.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

You mean like how the Oilers just did?

When the NBA first put ads on their jerseys, not every team had one right away. The Oilers aren't anything special, especially since they did have a helmet ad for the 2020-21 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Please let us all know the next time you turn down money that's offered to you, like a raise at your job.

if that raise meant I had to something unethical, or made me feel slimy then I would turn it down. 

wow will people seriously do anything because of a dollar sign?  That’s really sad man. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

wow will people seriously do anything because of a dollar sign?

Every single team is a for-profit business. Do you think that they've never done something more unethical than having an ad on the jerseys?

Having ads on the jerseys isn't as unethical as the virtual player slavery and union-busting back in the day.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's true that if businesses only care about money, they'll do anything for an extra amount of spare change. They have more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. They can already afford fine dining every week. They'll do it for control or whatever other motives.

On the other hand, teams with decades of traditonal uniforms deserve to have the integrity of their look preserved. It also goes for new teams who are building their history as well. It goes for anyone, really. I would find it tasteless, if an already profitable franchise like the Montreal Canadiens turned some of the most sacred uniforms in the league into giant McDonalds ads.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

15 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I would find it tasteless, if an already profitable franchise like the Montreal Canadiens turned some of the most sacred uniforms in the league into giant McDonalds ads.

Well, they may already be profitable but the ads can make them more profit. Yes, the uniforms are traditional but no one is immune to the lure in this day and age. Look at Barcelona, for example. They resisted having any shirt sponsor for far longer than any other top-level team did. Not counting UNICEF, which wasn't a traditional sponsorship deal, Barcelona didn't have a front shirt sponsor until 2011. That's nearly 40 years after the first shirt sponsors started appearing.

Give it time. No one is immune.

Don't take this as me being in favor of it, by the way. I don't like it any more than you do. I've just accepted that it's inevitable.

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

if that raise meant I had to something unethical, or made me feel slimy then I would turn it down. 

wow will people seriously do anything because of a dollar sign?  That’s really sad man. 

I think we all do have our limits. But ads on uniforms are the same as being a hit man to take out Nancy Kerrigan.

I saw, I came, I left.

11 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Excuse the really crummy quality and tiny size (these are screencaps from a Reddit video post), but it looks like the Sharks' new uniforms will likely have black pants with a stripe on them;

spacer.pngspacer.png

This feels like it could unleash the blue/gold-black/white dress discourse all over again if the Sharks don't hurry up and do an unveiling.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

This feels like it could unleash the blue/gold-black/white dress discourse all over again if the Sharks don't hurry up and do an unveiling.

Agreed. I see teal pants with the same striping as the jersey (BWTWB)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 minutes ago, Point1 said:

if you're going to defend jersey ads what are you even doing here

Look, there are really good people who work in the HR departments of those corporations. You don't want them to be successful?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫