2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

So I see @dont care and @WSU151 think the no politics rule is just a suggestion.

Mod here telling both of you it's not. There are plenty of other outlets for you to express your political opinions on. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I'm surprised they didn't reveal a 30th anniversary jersey, like what the Ducks and Canes have done with their anniversaries. You'd think that'd be a good way to get sales, especially since they don't even have an alternate jersey right now.

That would be kind of tricky since their current home & aways are pretty much the same as their inaugural uniforms, and they already did a red version for the last RR. 

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

If y’all would like to read one of the dumbest RR rankings, check this one out:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nhl/2022/11/9/23449147/nhl-reverse-retro-jersey-uniforms-jerseys-full-look-ranked

Putting the Screagle jersey at the bottom of the list is one of the most braindead jersey takes I think I've ever seen.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

A little late on this, but OMG does the throwback glove color way for the Lightning RR look amazing.  spacer.png

I'm glad to see I'm not the only gear nerd on here lol. Those gloves are some of the best ever worn by an NHL team. Up there with the Rangers and Mighty Ducks imo

Too bad it's a detail most teams overlook when designing a uniform, but it can make or break it

47 minutes ago, UncleJunior said:

Love this Flyers jeresy and can't understand how these are not on sale yet. 

*EDIT - I GUESS Nov. 15? "Reverse Retro."
spacer.png

Yeah, all the RR jerseys go on sale Nov. 15. Some teams are doing pre-orders through their online team stores, but not everyone.

• Like 1

jNTsTyQ.png

On 11/3/2022 at 2:11 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

Now that we've finally seen the black Robo-penguins jersye, i have a new found appreciation for that look and wish they would've gone with it back in '92.

And it makes me realise how awful the Rangers ripoff script jerseys are

The idea that the Rangers somehow own the idea of putting your name diagonally on a jersey always has and will be ridiculous to me. (And I say that not as a Pens fan, but as a fan of the look. I loved when Colorado did it, for example).

Having that been said, IIRC, original Pens jersey in 1967 featured this because their first coach was a long time Rangers player and coach, and he liked the look of it, so he asked if the Pens could do it. So there is a modicum of truth to the idea coming from the Rangers.

• Like 4

oBIgzrL.png

2 hours ago, maz said:

The idea that the Rangers somehow own the idea of putting your name diagonally on a jersey always has and will be ridiculous to me. (And I say that not as a Pens fan, but as a fan of the look. I loved when Colorado did it, for example).

Having that been said, IIRC, original Pens jersey in 1967 featured this because their first coach was a long time Rangers player and coach, and he liked the look of it, so he asked if the Pens could do it. So there is a modicum of truth to the idea coming from the Rangers.

Agreed. I actually associate the diagonal letters more with college hockey than the New York Rangers. I assume lots of colleges and high schools did diagonal letters because it was cheaper and easier than a custom crest. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 11/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, WSU151 said:

"Like I said: baby blue never fails. The Canadiens know this too." LMFAO I know de gustibus non est disputandum but Habs without red is one of the worst from this batch not the best.

Calling TML a carbon copy of their current sweaters is a big lol too.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

:censored:, these jerseys are beautiful. LA really, really needs to own these colors full-time again, especially since the synergy with the Raiders is practically ancient history and their current look has worn out it's welcome.

spacer.png

Take the last RR as the base for both, put the modernized crown on the front and you're set for life as far as the Kings' brand goes, in my opinion.

spacer.png

• Like 8

I’m watching the Kings live and I agree it’s what they should be wearing. On a podcast Luc Robitaille said that as long as he’s here the Kings will be black and white with the occasional purple jerseys. He reiterated that yesterday at a luncheon I was at that the Kings are black and white.

• Sad 1