2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

11 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

There our many, many differences with the current Habs uniform and the one from the 70s.

Please enlighten us as to the many, many differences: 

Doug Jarvis autographed hockey card (Montreal Canadiens) 1978 O-Pee-Chee  #13 - Autographed Hockey Cards at Amazon's Sports Collectibles Store

Six reasons to get excited about the 2018-19 Montreal Canadiens season -  Eyes On The Prize

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Shade of red, shade of blue, name and number font, collar, logo shape and size

These are the only real changes, though, with the collar being a manufacturer change and not a team update (though the current collar is heavily inspired by historical Habs jerseys)

The Oilers news is both good news and hilarious. It's the right move to go back to the 80's look, again, of course, but it's so funny that they keep having to relearn that lesson. 

• Like 19

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 7/5/2022 at 8:13 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Yawn

This is what they should be wearing, minus the orange cuffs. Keep the orange as an alternate and scrap the stealth jersey. Their current white jersey is one of the best they've ever worn

spacer.png

I don't care what anyone says, the royal blue jerseys are extremely dated and Gretzky left the team 40 years ago, it's time to move on. Leave dark royal blue and orange to the Islanders, they look much better than Edmonton in those colours

If it was up to me, they would be wearing navy and copper. If there's ONE team in the league that needs a drab and dark colour scheme, it's the team called the Oilers ffs.

Oh well, gotta sell some jerseys to suckers trying to relive their glory years, eh?

Go Condors!

Hopefully this time, the message sticks with the Oilers that the fanbase wants them as a royal blue team full-time and they keep the experiments to alternates and the like.

C'mon, Anaheim, you know you're next. Embrace the Mighty.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

As a (fellow?) Oilers fan, I can say confidently that it was all the same red. The issue was that in the stripes, the red and copper touched, and that made the red look weird. It was never salmon.

I'm more an Oilers enjoyer. They're one of the teams I like, but I'm (unfortunately) a born and raised Leafs fan. 

But thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn it was salmon but it's been years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

These are the only real changes, though, with the collar being a manufacturer change and not a team update (though the current collar is heavily inspired by historical Habs jerseys)

Shade of red was changed in '99. Pretty obvious if you compare a jersey from 1998 or earlier to a current one

Pretty sure the shade of blue was also darkened that same year

Name and number font makes a HUGE difference, especially on the away jersey, but of course that's not the one you posted cause it wouldn't suit your argument lol

The color went from blue-white-blue with no laces to white-white-blue with laces and it's not due to the switch to adidas as they were wearing a solid white collar with laces the year before with Reebok so you're wrong again

The logo absolutely did change over the years. Sounds like you've never owned any older Habs jersey. I have. I know what I'm talking about

All subtle changes but all real changes. Nice job trying to shift the goalposts lol

• Yawn 1

15 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Hopefully this time, the message sticks with the Oilers that the fanbase wants them as a royal blue team full-time and they keep the experiments to alternates and the like.

C'mon, Anaheim, you know you're next. Embrace the Mighty.

Become once again a surge of force that never dies.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Shade of red was changed in '99. Pretty obvious if you compare a jersey from 1998 or earlier to a current one

Pretty sure the shade of blue was also darkened that same year

Name and number font makes a HUGE difference, especially on the away jersey, but of course that's not the one you posted cause it wouldn't suit your argument lol

The color went from blue-white-blue with no laces to white-white-blue with laces and it's not due to the switch to adidas as they were wearing a solid white collar with laces the year before with Reebok so you're wrong again

The logo absolutely did change over the years. Sounds like you've never owned any older Habs jersey. I have. I know what I'm talking about

All subtle changes but all real changes. Nice job trying to shift the goalposts lol

I gave you full credit for the name and number font change!

Red and blue shades weren't really noticeable to anyone, and it's far less of a change from royal to dark navy. 1% darker red and 1% darker blue aren't really noticeable from the stands. There are numerous photos where the blue and red from the 70s/80s/90s look just as dark as they do today.  The Avs changed burgandy shades in the 90s and nobody really calls it a significant update. 

And minor changes to the shape of the logo aren't really noticeable, either.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I misplaced my login info and months behind on this thread! I'm assuming nothing has been announced for 30th anniversary logos for the Senators and Lightning? I saw a mockup of a Lightning one recently but it looked maybe fake? I haven't seen anything official - here or anywhere else - and wondering if I'm just losing my mind...

Re: Golden Knights - makes me kind of sad. Their grey jerseys were one of my all-time favourites of the modern era. The gold ones are nice but.. they work better as a third jersey. Having the greys at home, and gold alternates was so perfect, why change it...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Well, it's official now, and along with a matching white at least

Oilers bring back the classics (again) until they get bored in a few years and bring back navy (again) until that gets boring and they bring back the classics (again) until...

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

23 minutes ago, insert name said:

Oilers bring back the classics (again) until they get bored in a few years and bring back navy (again) until that gets boring and they bring back the classics (again) until...

So is the circle of life of the Oilers uniforms

the lion king simba GIF

The classics should be here to stay. The owner loves them, and the fans and players pushed for their return according to the President of the Oilers Entertainment Group.

The people who were in charge of switching to navy and neon orange in 2017 are no longer with the organization. Their thinking was that the McDavid era needed its own look. It was a dumb and ugly mistake.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Remember the Oilers haven't been wearing navy "for a few years". They have spent almost two decades wearing Navy as part of their first choice uniform.

The Oilers changed to navy with copper and red trim for the 1996-97 season, and wouldn't return to the classic uniform until they brought back that uniform as an alternate for 2008-2009. It wouldn't be until 2010 - 11 that the royal blue and orange returned as the first choice. That is eleven seasons till it made a return, and 13 until it came back as the first choice.

They have been wearing the current navy and orange for five seasons. Combined, that is 18 seasons the team has been wearing Navy as part of their first choice colour scheme. Hell, considering 2000 and, well, everything, it feels like the Oilers have been wearing that scheme for even longer.

6 hours ago, Sport said:

The Oilers news is both good news and hilarious. It's the right move to go back to the 80's look, again, of course, but it's so funny that they keep having to relearn that lesson. 

Along with the Islanders, Flames, Blues, Flyers, Avalanche, Senators, Coyotes, Penguins, Original 6, MOST of these teams have learned the right lesson by having an all -time throwback identity. Now, if the damn Sharks would go back to 91 and the Kings go back to Yellow and Purple, things would be be just about perfect. MLB looking the best a league has looked in it's entirety in  a long time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Well, it's official now, and along with a matching white at least

This. This is how the Oilers should look. You can make the argument for navy and orange looking better objectively (Tbf I do think their away jersey was beautiful) or navy and copper fitting the name better. It doesn’t matter. None of it matters. These jerseys are the Oilers. When I think of the Oilers, I think of these jerseys. If you want to throw in an orange alt or a navy alt or do whatever with the third jersey, be my frickin’ guest. But for the love of all that is good on this earth please just keep these as the primaries from now on. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

spacer.png