2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

19 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Where did you hear that? Every report I've seen has said that the grey is being dropped altogether, and a new black third jersey is going to be introduced, along with a new RR.

If you don't know who @ebod39 is... you've been here a while, man. You should know.

Anyway, you can take anything he posts on NHL uniforms as gospel. He knows.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, if Vegas is going gold full time at home, I feel like they should switch to the grey pants for the aways, if that's not the plan.  With the only black being in the logo on the white jersey and on the collar, the black pants is somewhat out of place, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Well, consider that last wave wasn't revealed until November, midway through the season. They could do that again.

With the Reverse Retros, how deep exactly is that well? I know it's a lot deeper for some teams than others, but realistically, how many seasons could they do it before they start rehashing old ideas or doing shirts that define "distinction without a difference"?

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Well, consider that last wave wasn't revealed until November, midway through the season. They could do that again.

Those were still released before the season started in January. Hopefully we see something once September rolls around, but I could see them waiting until around the holidays.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

On 7/8/2022 at 9:40 PM, Jer15 said:

I don't care enough to get involved with the Canadiens uniform debate (because I think they've got great uniforms and the small details aren't sig ificant enough to me) but dude. You've got to know you can't come on here and say this (quoted) line. It's very much debatable...and kind the point of what we do here. 

I thought my well done steak  and ketchup metaphor was ridiculous enough to show that I'm just busting his balls in the least hostile way that I can. I guess I should have used the sarcasm font? Come on lol

Not sure if it means anything, but at the Canucks' prospect camp, the players were wearing pants without the stripes on the side.

Edit: After looking at the Abby Canucks, they don't have stripes on the pants, so I guess that's the reason and the Canucks aren't changing anything.

10 hours ago, M4One said:

Not sure if it means anything, but at the Canucks' prospect camp, the players were wearing pants without the stripes on the side.

Edit: After looking at the Abby Canucks, they don't have stripes on the pants, so I guess that's the reason and the Canucks aren't changing anything.

Prospects gotta earn their stripes.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Objectively wrong opinion. Like wanting your steak well done with ketchup on it and a glass of lukewarm milk on the side lol

Red and blue don't touch anywhere on the jersey, so why should they touch and bleed onto each other on the numbers? The double outline is absolutely needed here. Not debatable, sorry!

Actually, the white coming between the red and blue reminds me more of a milksteak with ketchup than anything.

One outline is the exact correct number of outlines in all cases, sorry. Single color numbers and double/triple outlined numbers just aren't as good. Even worse when one of them is a ghosted outline. Even worse than that is when the outline is ghosted and then the outer outline is the same color as the number. So at least they don't have that.

• LOL 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Actually, the white coming between the red and blue reminds me more of a milksteak with ketchup than anything.

One outline is the exact correct number of outlines in all cases, sorry. Single color numbers and double/triple outlined numbers just aren't as good. Even worse when one of them is a ghosted outline. Even worse than that is when the outline is ghosted and then the outer outline is the same color as the number. So at least they don't have that.

Perfectly good and fine and consistent jersey:

spacer.png

Not bad but the numbers ruin the "red and blue cannot touch" rule applied everywhere else on the uniform, therefore it is inferior as it creates the annoying optical illusion that makes the number look purple from a distance

spacer.png

[MOD EDIT: I know you're exaggerating for effect, but don't please bring that into it] 🤬🤢😵🥴

spacer.png

Edited by officeglenn

14 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Perfectly good and fine and consistent jersey:

spacer.png

Not bad but the numbers ruin the "red and blue cannot touch" rule applied everywhere else on the uniform, therefore it is inferior as it creates the annoying optical illusion that makes the number look purple from a distance

spacer.png

[MOD EDIT: I know you're exaggerating for effect, but don't please bring that into it] 🤬🤢😵🥴

spacer.png

I don't think it blends into purple from a distance. These numbers still look the same color as the pants to me.

The Class of '93

Besides, the red jerseys have red touching blue and doesn't look purple. I actually prefer the striping you've presented on the bottom to their actual striping. The logo looks awful but that has more to do with all that being smushed together into a small space. It wouldn't look nearly as bad if you made the blue H the size of the white H instead of keeping the blue outline.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

47 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't think it blends into purple from a distance. These numbers still look the same color as the pants to me.

The Class of '93

Besides, the red jerseys have red touching blue and doesn't look purple. I actually prefer the striping you've presented on the bottom to their actual striping. The logo looks awful but that has more to do with all that being smushed together into a small space. It wouldn't look nearly as bad if you made the blue H the size of the white H instead of keeping the blue outline.

I dunno, it doesn't always look purple, depends on the picture and lighting (the one you posted is super desaturated and dull) but it always looks muddy and cheap imo. And it pretty much only happens when royal blue numbers are outlined with red. I think the NY Rangers away jersey (among countless other examples) name, numbers and script logo would also benefit from having a white gap but that's just me I guess

For some reason, blue and red touch on the home Habs jersey but it doesn't bother me as much. Then again, I think it only bothers me when red and blue reflective twill numbers touch. The 1945 throwback and 2016 WC classic with the blue chest stripes outlined in red look gorgeous to me, for what it's worth

Yeah the more I think about it, it only bothers me when the materials used are reflective. So if they were to use felt numbers (like on the 2016 WC) I wouldn't have any problems with it. Or maybe twill but with a much thicker red outline?

And of course the "concept" I made looks terrible, it was completely on purpose lol

On 7/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, M4One said:

Besides the cheap Agency font, not having pants striping is the only flaw in the Abby Canucks' uniforms. However, the Canucks' pants whenever they wear their current 3rds also doesn't have the familiar white-green-white stripes. Not a fan of stripeless pants. Looks boring and lazy.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:46 AM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I'm reading the comments on the team's social media posts. A lot of fans love the dynasty look. But there's more than a few who also like the orange and the updated darker colors.

It's not close to unanimous. When the nostalgia phase runs out, maybe that's why they keep changing to something new. People want to buy new stuff. I guess no more sea of orange, assuming they make the playoffs next year.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I guess no more sea of orange, assuming they make the playoffs next year.

I'm not sure about this. Edmonton had a sea of orange and the team never wore orange in the playoffs. The fans can still wear orange if they want while the team wears royal.  Granted, it'd be weird if everyone just wore old orange jerseys...but in the playoffs, fans will generally wear whatever the team wants them to wear, and usually will give away free tshirts to make it happen. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure about this. Edmonton had a sea of orange and the team never wore orange in the playoffs. The fans can still wear orange if they want while the team wears royal.  Granted, it'd be weird if everyone just wore old orange jerseys...but in the playoffs, fans will generally wear whatever the team wants them to wear, and usually will give away free tshirts to make it happen. 

No weirder than teams still pushing for "whiteouts" in this colour-at-home era. Like why the hell would I want to feel like I'm encouraging the other team? lol

• Like 2