College Football 2022

Kevin W.

22 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

IMO, there's only one USC and it isn't South Carolina.

A pity there's not a good alternative.  South Carolina has to share "Carolina" with UNC, and "USC" with the Trojans.  Compare this to the three notable UWs.  Wyoming is Wyo for short, Washington is often called U-Dub.  As a shorthand, we stick with Wiscy or UW for Wisconsin, or Madison if we're feeling academic, never U-Dub.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, WestCoastBias said:

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think USC likes being called Southern Cal despite how iconic Keith Jackson saying it is.

Yep, the university dissociates from it because it implies they're related to Cal, or UC Berkeley. USC isn't part of the UC system and so using "Southern Cal" or "So Cal" in reference to the school is discouraged. Officially, USC, SC, or Southern California are what they use, if I'm remembering correctly.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

The Ducks are going with their classic green/white/green combo at Cal, which pairs pretty much perfectly with the special-edition cleats:

This combo has been worn in each of the last three seasons, so figured we’d see it at some point this year. Will contrast really well with whatever Cal decides to wear. Last year the Ducks wore green socks with this combo, so I’m glad it looks like they’ll be wearing the superior white socks this time around.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are going with their classic green/white/green combo at Cal, which pairs pretty much perfectly with the special-edition cleats:

This combo has been worn in each of the last three seasons, so figured we’d see it at some point this year. Will contrast really well with whatever Cal decides to wear. Last year the Ducks wore green socks with this combo, so I’m glad it looks like they’ll be wearing the superior white socks this time around.

Those look fire 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Discrim said:

A pity there's not a good alternative.  South Carolina has to share "Carolina" with UNC, and "USC" with the Trojans.  Compare this to the three notable UWs.  Wyoming is Wyo for short, Washington is often called U-Dub.  As a shorthand, we stick with Wiscy or UW for Wisconsin, or Madison if we're feeling academic, never U-Dub.

Man - anyone who calls it Wiscy gets a side eye from anyone I know. That's like shorthand for 'tell me you aren't from here without telling me you aren't from here'.

Oddly, U-Dub-Dub is a frequent term for UW Whitewater, but I agree that U-Dub isn't used for Wisconsin

UT?

IU?

Whodis?

It's where I sit.

17 hours ago, Discrim said:

SCar?

1 minute ago, WestCoastBias said:

Wazzu Script

Bringing back a script Cougars would be better...the best part of this helmet is that it's red (if it was anthracite it'd be the worst idea ever). The Wazzu mark is a C+. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

WSU: What do you want?

Fans: Cougars script!!

WSU: Okay, Wazzu script it is!

Personally I still like it since we’ve been starved of secondary logos relative to other schools. (This is the first “new” thing in like 30 or so years???) But I’d still rather see the throwback WSC Cougar, and I’d REALLY rather see a uniform set with some actual life and detail rather than the plain sets they keep marching out 

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Bringing back a script Cougars would be better...the best part of this helmet is that it's red (if it was anthracite it'd be the worst idea ever). The Wazzu mark is a C+. 

As I watch the game the Wazzu looks pretty sharp. If that had been the traditional script all along I’d probably prefer it to “Cougars”

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Move over OK State script helmet. Fresno State’s script helmet might be my new favorite.

On a related side note, I cannot stand most letter helmet logos because they almost never face the same way when flipped (B, C, D, E, F, G, J, K, L, N, P, Q, R, S, Z), but I love script logos even though they never face the same direction when placed on different sides of the helmet .

Love these-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loathe these-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ole Miss wearing the powder blue lids with white tops and bottoms. Gray pants would be better but still decent.

Georgia with a special helmet decal to honor Charley Trippi who passed away about a week and a half ago. Legendary coach Vince Dooley also passed away last night and the team said they wouldn’t have enough time to do anything for this today’s game but expect them to have something in place the next week.

A new worst uniform candidate has entered the chat.

Also, Auburn is in orange masks again. They have been mixing the masks up so much that there’s no consistency anymore, from a program who used to leave their uniforms alone for decades at a time. Lately, they seem to alternate between orange and navy masks at home and tend to prefer white masks on the road.

Edit- here are the first on field looks at FSU. Horrendous. Disgusting. An abomination. No other words.

Louisville must be taking the Demon Deacons of Wake Forrest very seriously today rocking all black everything today. I do like the wings on their jerseys...kinda. Wish Wake would do something with their helmets in stead of that bland font. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again