2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

22 minutes ago, Digby said:

what about it, that it’s dark vs. dark? The Celtics wear green against black jerseys pretty regularly. Seems to happen especially against the Cavs and started even in the Adidas era. I think the green is light enough that it works in a well-lit arena, but not by much.

Maybe he was just talking about the Cavs jerseys in general? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Maybe he was just talking about the Cavs jerseys in general? 

Could be. The severe lack of the Cavs' signature red on this latest iteration of their black C jerseys makes them the worst yet. Last night's game looks like it was a neutral-court matchup. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Digby said:

Could be. The severe lack of the Cavs' signature red on this latest iteration of their black C jerseys makes them the worst yet. Last night's game looks like it was a neutral-court matchup. 

I do wish they had more wine on the other lettering, but there is a big ol red C on the chest. I prefer this version to their previous black set.

The kelly is bright and white v black matchups look boring, I didn't mind it at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

The Sixers are wearing their updated red jerseys tonight. The drop shadow is larger and now to the right of the letters/numbers rather than to the left.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks ok, but a bit too over-dramatic compared to the old one:

james-harden-2.jpg

...and the drop-shadow's no longer consistient with the main jerseys:

Tyrese-Maxey-Sixers-Raptors-Getty-Imagesharden.sixers-scaled-e1666673641658-1024

• Like 3

2 hours ago, truepg said:

4494537-2022-11-05T012719Z_765111541_MT1

The Nets looked beautiful last night against the Wizards with the red compression pants too. Surprised no one had mentioned it here. Also nice to see KD play in a proper design.

Wild that they chose to wear it against the Wizards, a red/white/blue team with stars in their uniform. It's like how the Browns demand to wear orange pants whenever they play the Bengals lately.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Wild that they chose to wear it against the Wizards, a red/white/blue team with stars in their uniform. It's like how the Browns demand to wear orange pants whenever they play the Bengals lately.

It's like a Harlem Globetrotters intra-squad game. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

This is something that has been bugging me lately with regards to uniform matchups in general. NBA and NFL have been the worst, there just doesn’t seem to be enough thought as to how uniforms match up with each other. The Jazz used to do this with thier redrock sets too; they seemed to wear them against red color scheme teams like the Hawks, Bulls, and Heat way too often.

I’d be in favor of a czar of some sort in each league that could veto matchups like these (if alternative options are feasible, of course). I don’t expect a team to care how a matchup looks with thier opponent, but for the best possible visible product, the league should.

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Sixers are wearing their updated red jerseys tonight. The drop shadow is larger and now to the right of the letters/numbers rather than to the left.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As common/overused a colorway as red/royal blue is, some uniforms just make it look better than others. 

This particular alternate is one of those sets...

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, Conrad. said:

👀

Given your insight, does this mean anything significant for the Sixers’ uniform? 

• Like 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 11/4/2022 at 9:26 PM, Around the Horn said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The new drop shadow is pretty similar to the early 90s waterfall numbers...

Lot Detail - 1991-1992 Charles Barkley Philadelphia 76ers Game-Used &  Autographed Road Jersey (JSA)

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

There is a circle at midcourt. it's engraved in the wood. But what i'm saying (and what @Captain Invader's saying) is that the part of the circle that isn't under the logo used to be blank, but now they've painted a line on it.

Up5elAJ.jpeg

I like the Cavs court, except that midcourt circle and white line on the baseline, a la Philly.

Quite honest, IMO, it's a little sad to see the decline in NBA teams coming up with beautiful courts. Is it because people like me, those 2K court makers,  and @pelicanfan have come up with those fancy concepts already?

If I'm an NBA team, I'll just hire better designers. Simple. Screw the narrative of "running out of ideas". Even with the placements of the colors, that's acceptable enough to make a fancy NBA court today.

• Like 3