The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

Interesting to see how a baseball game broke out in Calgary last night. Kinda seems like Calgary would be the odds on favorite if Colorado ends up failing. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Tampa wins it at the buzzer. Man Florida just can't beat their in state rivals.  All the Cats had to do was defend for 5 seconds more for OT and they couldn’t do it.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Panthers are playing against the 2x defending Cup Champions, who are playing their best game right now.

They have a huge mountain to climb, just to have a shot at making it to round 3. They'll need to play much better that that, to take down the Tampa Bay Lightning.

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

You had 1 job Toronto......

While this is true, can we really express that much shock and awe that they fell short? The Leafs have had “1 job” for the last 18 years and haven’t done it once. 

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

While this is true, can we really express that much shock and awe that they fell short? The Leafs have had “1 job” for the last 18 years and haven’t done it once. 

I'm more pissed because that may have been the best chance to eliminate Tampa. 

Now it's looking like they made indeed make 3 straight Cup Finals, further cementing themselves as the NHL's Golden State Warriors. 

Who's starts in net for Edmonton for Game 3?

Tonight, Mike Smith made up for his earlier bad performances. But if he starts slumping again, it could cost Edmonton the series, even though we've been getting McMagic On Ice, every game.

1 hour ago, TalktoChuck said:

I try not be the bash the refs guy, and in this case the terrible calls seem to be cancelling each other out, but this whole Edmonton/Calgary crew should be fired after this game.

I don't know why they still let Chris Lee officiate any game, let alone a playoff game. He is the one that called game 4 of the MTL/LV game last year and he's the one who let the goon in Long Island break Kucherov's ribs.  Wiped out two goals tonight.  He's somehow worse than the guy caught on mic talking about a phantom call.

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png