The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

On 5/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, DoctorWhom said:

Also, anyone else getting sick of Tampa now? They're dangerously close to becoming the NHL's Warriors. 

I'm not ready to agree with the NHL Warriors comparison. I mean, adding Pat Maroon is not exactly the hockey equivalent of Kevin Durant.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:30 PM, DEAD! said:

That is the most petty-ful thing I have seen in a long time.

Not a fan of it when Nashville and Tampa do/did it either.  It's a bush league move for sure.

46 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Not a fan of it when Nashville and Tampa do/did it either.  It's a bush league move for sure.

Every team does this - the Yankees literally just did the same thing for a game against the O's, which isn't even a playoff game. It only goes viral when a Southern hockey team does it because "oh southern teams need to block out opposing fans to get a full arena of their fans".

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Every team does this - the Yankees literally just did the same thing for a game against the O's, which isn't even a playoff game. It only goes viral when a Southern hockey team does it because "oh southern teams need to block out opposing fans to get a full arena of their fans".

My first reaction is to point and laugh, but I've posted in this and other threads that I wish teams did more to allow fans to enjoy the games in the arenas. Prices are still too high (and I'm not suggesting $20 for playoff games; I'm not dumb), but if you at least give priority to local fans it's a good start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My cousin who lives in Cleveland tried buying Browns at Steelers tickets last year on the Steelers website - the transaction wouldn't go through because his billing address was not in PA. I had to buy tickets for him since I live in Pittsburgh. This happens more often than people think.

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

1 hour ago, CDCLT said:

And lest we forget the 49ers/Rams NFC Championship Game

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

Any timeline where the Oilers win the cup is the worst timeline.  

Why would anyone root against the Edmonton Oilers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags