2022 NFL Weekly Picks Contest

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

spacer.png

Win it for Len! 

A bit of trivia: Len Dawson was the seventh son of a man who himself was a seventh son.

I've always liked the "Chiefs huddle." More trivia: The Browns used it for a while in the 80's. They're the only other team I can remember using it. I'm sure there were others, but I don't remember them.

LkGUyX8.png

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

Congrats, @rams80! Welcome to the House of Pick ‘Em Champions! Our fridge makes the good ice. 😎
———

Chiefs over the Eagles, a.k.a. the Iggles, a.k.a. the Flying @BBTV’s 

• Dislike 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Thanks @Kramerica Industriesfor running this as always, and congrats to @rams80for the championship win!

I picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl preseason and rode with them the whole playoff run for that, but for the sake of not getting a laugh/cry emoji notification on February 13th, and also because of each team's performances through the playoffs

Kansas City v. Philadelphia

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

@Kramerica Industries, for posterity sake, do you mind posting all of the past and current champions please?

I was actually thinking of doing that after next week, but since you asked I won't leave you waiting.

2015: @DG_ThenNowForever (175-91)

2016: @winters in buffalo (181-84)

2017: @Walter Sobchak (184-83)

2018: @Sport (175-90)

2019: @Maroon (177-89) 

2020: @~Bear (184-84)

2021: You (186-98)

2022: @rams80 (186-96 or 185-97)

This is, of course, for the eight* years I've run the competition. I don't know the pre-2015 winners, I don't have the notes, and I'm not interested in looking them up.

*How the :censored: has it been eight years already...?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Chawls said:
On 2/4/2023 at 6:46 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

This is, of course, for the eight* years I've run the competition. I don't know the pre-2015 winners, I don't have the notes, and I'm not interested in looking them up.

I couldn’t edit my post. 🙄

I view your era as the current era. The years prior to you are like the pre-Super Bowl era Champions. They’re not Super Bowl winners specifically, but they’re still world champions. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 2/5/2023 at 11:46 AM, Kramerica Industries said:

I was actually thinking of doing that after next week, but since you asked I won't leave you waiting.

2015: @DG_ThenNowForever (175-91)

2016: @winters in buffalo (181-84)

2017: @Walter Sobchak (184-83)

2018: @Sport (175-90)

2019: @Maroon (177-89) 

2020: @~Bear (184-84)

2021: You (186-98)

2022: @rams80 (186-96 or 185-97)

*How the :censored: has it been eight years already...?

You done good.

It's strange someone running a friendly comp like this and not winning....

• Like 2

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone.  This was a really weird year; to be honest this season saw me see less NFL football on TV than I have in a long time because I'm down to watching the Rams on tape delay if they are on a national broadcast....and I decided a couple of years ago that I have earned the right to not watch them lose on tape delay.  That's not to say I didn't follow the league, just that I didn't see a whole lot of it on TV.  Also I want to say this year may have marked the first time I've won a week as well.

Anyway Super Bowl pick is Philadelphia.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Final standings:spacer.png

Playoff winner(s): @RyanMcD29 and @~Bear with the best records for the postseason at 11-2

League winner: @rams80 finishing up at 185-97. Silver medal - @oldschoolvikings at 183-99. Bronze medals - @RyanMcD29 and myself at 181-101.

Eight years of doing this. Hard to believe. 2015 doesn't feel that far in the past but here we are. I expect year 9 to begin on Labor Day, as is my unofficial tradition. See you guys then.

Thanks for playing everybody.

• Like 7

spacer.png