2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

1 hour ago, Sport said:

6 out of the 8 higher seeded teams won their series. It’s one of the least chaotic first rounds we’ve ever had. 

Exactly, it's just the fact that the chaos we did get is all-timer chaos that makes it seem wilder than normal lmao

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Exactly, it's just the fact that the chaos we did get is all-timer chaos that makes it seem wilder than normal lmao

Boston losing was shocking for sure and one of the biggest upsets ever just because of the season they had, but when you examine it closely it's just kind of one of those flukey hockey losses. They easily could've won in five and then couldn't get one more save in three straight games. It's not an indictment of the playoff format nor does the entire sport need an overhaul, they just choked. It's not like they got destroyed like when the Lightning were swept by our beloved Columbus Blue Jackets. 1 seeds lose all the time. The Avs losing was an upset, yes, but they were only 9 points better than Seattle and struggled with injuries and the cup hangover all season. I'm not stunned they lost in the same way as I am with Boston. That series was a coin toss so really our dude is mad about one series. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, Unocal said:

I just feel that too much chaos might be too much of a good thing, like having ice cream for dinner every night of the week.

hey remind me again, didn't you spend the entirety of March Madness complaining about how UConn's title was a foregone conclusion?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

53Ocz8U.png

If you want the "best" teams to win the league championship, watch European soccer.

Same with the little pockets of internet who say that North American sports need promotion/relegation. That ship sailed 150 years ago. (It more so comes up in regards to MLS, and then sort of to other sports, but that would dry up their expansion fees if the MLS did that)

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

hey remind me again, didn't you spend the entirety of March Madness complaining about how UConn's title was a foregone conclusion?

Yeah, this guy tried to paint UConn's title run as less-legitimate because they won their games by too many points and surely would have lost if they weren't blowing their opponents out. His posts shouldn't be taken seriously. 

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

This feels like it could be a popular opinion: The old playoff format/bracket was far better.

Bring back conference 1 thru 8 seeds regardless of division & reseeding after the first round.

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

This feels like it could be a popular opinion: The old playoff format/bracket was far better.

Bring back conference 1 thru 8 seeds regardless of division & reseeding after the first round.

Round 2 if there was reseeding BTW it would look literally different from this one:

FLA/CAR

TOR/NJD

SEA/VGK

DAL/EDM

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 12:15 AM, Seadragon76 said:

It's like the Gods of Chaos wanted to have some fun with the playoffs and, lo and behold, this is what we get...

Florida stunning Boston and Seattle stunning Colorado.

Man, I love Chaos.

It ain't over yet.

If this continues, we may be looking at a Seattle/Vegas West Final.

3 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

A SEA/VGK and FLA/CAR final four is not what anyone wants, but it's what we deserve.

Bettman's playoff wet dream along with the Coyotes staying in Arizona and the Winnipeg Jets relocating to Houston. 

The Vegas Golden Knight statistically are a wild team: 14th in goals scored, 11th in goals against, 9th in goal differential, no 30 goal scorer or players with 70 points

And yet they have home-ice throughout the West despite stats that are not as good as some WC team

They aren't a goal scoring juggernaut ala Edmonton, nor do they compensate defensively ala Carolina

How are they doing it?

On 5/2/2023 at 11:10 PM, habsfan1 said:

The Good News: Joe Pavelski is having an incredible 4 goal night.

The Bad News: He's the only one who showed up.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

EDM and VGK should have played last night.

TOR/FLA and VGK/SEA should be playing tonight.

The 2nd round scheduling is absurd.

To think last year round 1 EVERY series was every other day with no 2 day breaks in between games.