NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Same deal as it is every year, one stop shop for everything uniform related in the calendar year. This time it is for 2023

Confirmed changes-

Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Philly all getting throwbacks with the recent addition of two helmet rule

Up in the air-

Lions and Jaguars

Potential Changes for future impending seasons-

Texans and Broncos

• Like 5

Bills are probable/up in the air for 90s throwbacks. Same with the Vikings with either gray or purple mask. 

Cardinals and Dolphins rumors were certainly strong if not confirmed. 

I could see Broncos 90s throwbacks coming in 2023 and then kept when a new full set is unveiled for 2024 (similar to what the Falcons did). That’s just wild speculation though. 

Hoping the Saints drop the black helmet and introduce brassy gold helmet. 

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My favorite thread on this board.  

When have official announcements regarding new uniforms been made by teams in past years?  Playoff time, if I remember correctly, with unveilings before or at the draft?

On 1/7/2023 at 9:14 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Same deal as it is every year, one stop shop for everything uniform related in the calendar year. This time it is for 2023

Confirmed changes-

Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Philly all getting throwbacks with the recent addition of two helmet rule

Up in the air-

Lions and Jaguars

Potential Changes for future impending seasons-

Texans and Broncos

The Titans will also be adding Oilers throwback uniforms next season

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Hate 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

Was it my imagination, or was there confirmation of the Browns moving to a white facemask next season?

The owner basically confirmed white facemasks permanently at some point. I’m not sure what the timetable would be because the logo would have to change as well.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

On 1/7/2023 at 4:58 PM, Volt said:

My favorite thread on this board.  

When have official announcements regarding new uniforms been made by teams in past years?  Playoff time, if I remember correctly, with unveilings before or at the draft?

I seem to think that the March-April timeframe seems to be the most common time based on releases in the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Feel one of these days we're going to get new Ravens unis. They have had the same look forever. In fact they still use the original Nike template 

They're due, for sure.   The number font is atrocious, and the helmet isn't great, especially that late 90's striping that no one uses anymore.  The Purple pants are the only thing that works.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Please don't change the Ravens. They're just fine. And Nike will make it so much worse.

Switching to the front facing raven logo on the helmets would be an upgrade in my book.

Baltimore Ravens Alternate Logo - National Football League (NFL) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

• Like 8
  • Dislike 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

The owner basically confirmed white facemasks permanently at some point. I’m not sure what the timetable would be because the logo would have to change as well.

Logos could technically change every year, but uniforms are locked in for five year increments. They should just go ahead and make the Brownie the primary instead of helmets that have been banned for over a decade. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, henburg said:

The Titans will also be adding Oilers throwback uniforms next season

This hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but I do know Ms. Adams Strunk has been pushing for it for a good while now. Chances are pretty good we'll see the 1960 sets next season (and then of course we'll have folk all up and down the chain clamoring for Tennessee to make those the primaries, which they won't nor should they.)

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Please don't change the Ravens. They're just fine. And Nike will make it so much worse.

This is the correct take.

I've seen many call their number font "horrendous"; I have yet to see anyone explain why they feel such way. And if all one has to go on is "they're not block" or "block would be better", one's gonna have to do a lot better than that to convince me. (Modified) Matrix has become and is integral to their overall brand identity; I'd hate to see them toss it aside in favor of some newfangled CFCS hack-and-notch job.

Also, I find the coincidence in colors between the two teams amusing, but the Ravens are to the NFL what the Rockies are to MLB--and they should stay that way. If anything they could probably do away with the black dropshadows in favor of a thicker black monowidth stroke--but other than that (and as someone noted probably adding stripes to the black pants—I personally would like white-purple-white braishers, but I think I'dbe cool with the reverse order as well), they don't need to touch a thing with their uniforms. The logo is a different story, but the uniforms are contemporary classic sbrasher,

And speaking of updated Ravens logos, *shameless plug* again:

6cc6d64ba45180b6f70d73e95624b26b.png?com

(Combo of their unused profile bird head from '96 and their current bird head, with 100% less B.)

• Like 17
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not something I'd expect to happen this season, but perhaps something to think about for future seasons: the Steelers going back to the block-numbers full time. Steelers fans seem united in preferring the block numbers to the current curved and italicized numbers, so it wouldn't surprise me if ownership brought them back full-time sometime in the near future. It would also give ownership an excuse to bring in a different throwback, be it the "Batman" uniforms from the 60s or bringing back the "bumblebee" jerseys (not that they need another throwback jersey, but $$$). 

I personally would welcome a change to the block numbers full time. I get block numbers are fairly common, but given the historical precedent of them having them + the classic "feel" it makes sense for the Steelers. Plus, and more importantly, they just look better. The font they have now looks awkward in certain cases (for example, Kenny Pickett's "8" jersey doesn't look that good in the current font, but looks a lot better imo in the block font). The only concern would be that they would look basically identical to University of Iowa, but given that Iowa based their jerseys off of the Steelers to begin with, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

I'll believe that when I see it on the field.....

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

This hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but I do know Ms. Adams Strunk has been pushing for it for a good while now. Chances are pretty good we'll see the 1960 sets next season (and then of course we'll have folk all up and down the chain clamoring for Tennessee to make those the primaries, which they won't nor should they.)

56d05bc7e6e527ca4326d1fba3596245.gif

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/02/titans-actively-working-oilers-throwbacks-2023/

Fair, they haven't made the officially official announcement yet, but it is definitely happening. 

• Like 4
  • Hate 1

spacer.png