NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

15 minutes ago, eRay said:

We can make whatever we want on here. We don't have to answer to owners, stakeholders, marketing execs, focus groups, etc.

Who knows how many times those people have gotten in the way of designs this board would love.

Such a great point as well, and unfortunately I think a lot of the marketing research stuff actually dumbs down what teams do, because there's a natural disconnect between them and how a sports uniform should look

18 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Anyone else disappointed that neither the Jaguars or Titans seem to have any plans to upgrade their uniforms? Both teams are entering Year 6 with the current sets, both of which are not very good uniforms.

There is no reason the Jags can’t come up with something more interesting than what they have now. I mean there was literally no effort put into this current set. It seems like they’ve just grown tired of doing this every five years and are trying to stick with an identity, even if it’s a bland one.

The Titans also probably think what they have is good (even though it’s awful) and have had enough success in it that they associate it with winning, kind of like the Seahawks and their overrated set.

Jags uniforms are just fine, provided they follow the simple rules of: jerseys NEVER match pants, pants NEVER match socks.

• Like 5
  • Meh 1

22 hours ago, dont care said:

So give them Vikings helmets? Nah I’ll pass on that one

One game per season is not a big deal, especially considering how their 'Color Rush' uniforms are already somewhat similar as it is (MIN lacking any white details below the neck being the main difference).

Both teams do not utilize a more color-coordinated helmet, however, and both feel out of place with the rest of said alternate uniforms — especially the Vikings' white horn decal.

The Vikings also do not wear gold face masks. For whatever silly reason, they continue to go with black instead of purple or any other logical color that would seemingly make more sense.

“So the Ravens would wear the Vikings helmet” has to be the dumbest defense of not wanting Baltimore to have a different look.

The Bengals were a uniform clone of the Browns at their beginnings

No one says anything about the Bears and Broncos both have identical color schemes with navy blue helmets

How about the point in time when Detroit and Carolina both rocked silver, blue, and black with silver helmets?

It would be at max 3 times a year to see the Ravens in a drastically different purple  helmet.

Acting like they’d be identical identities is absurd.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The silver flakes don’t do nearly as much as I imagined they would on the Cardinals helmet. It almost looks like Vanilla Bean ice cream on the shell instead of anything shiny.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Why does the decal have a shadow?  Look at the very bottom. Is it peeling off?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Why does the decal have a shadow?  Look at the very bottom. Is it peeling off?

The ridge on the helmet is probably making the decal left up some. You see it’s flush towards the top but right at that ridge the decal starts looking wavy.

I guess since some can’t differentiate the Ravens from the Vikings, Baltimore should elevate the status of red. 

In an eventual rebrand, make the red eye solid and more prominent while adding thin red stripes to the helmet, jersey, and/or pants. Red facemask too.

spacer.png

• Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I guess since some can’t differentiate the Ravens from the Vikings, Baltimore should elevate the status of red. 

In an eventual rebrand, make the red eye solid and more prominent while adding thin red stripes to the helmet, jersey, and/or pants. Red facemask too.

spacer.png

I’d welcome it. I’ve always thought purple and black with a tiny bit of red looks so good.

spacer.png

Vince Carter helped make ‘the look’ cool for me.

spacer.png

• Like 14

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

20 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I’d welcome it. I’ve always thought purple and black with a tiny bit of red looks so good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let’s just make sure the front and back of the jersey are the same color this time around, eh?

• LOL 2

21 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Anyone else disappointed that neither the Jaguars or Titans seem to have any plans to upgrade their uniforms? Both teams are entering Year 6 with the current sets, both of which are not very good uniforms.

There is no reason the Jags can’t come up with something more interesting than what they have now. I mean there was literally no effort put into this current set. It seems like they’ve just grown tired of doing this every five years and are trying to stick with an identity, even if it’s a bland one.

The Titans also probably think what they have is good (even though it’s awful) and have had enough success in it that they associate it with winning, kind of like the Seahawks and their overrated set.

It may be wishful thinking but I think the Jags will have new uniforms next season. Fred Taylor had hinted at something being in the works.

I hate the Titans so I don’t mind them looking ridiculous for a while longer. 😂

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

4 hours ago, j'villejags said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

You guys are beating my drum.

On 5/31/2023 at 1:40 PM, Glover said:

I've noticed PFF has been using the <=B=> logo a lot this offseason for the Browns. Is this logo making a comeback? Or are they just using it for no particular reason?

I think most folks outside the Boards just geniunely don't even realize. I still see the Lions' black outline, the old Chargers logo, the old Jets logo, and the decade-long-outdated Seahawks logo all the time.

• Like 7

fiowXOD.png