2023 NFL Offseason thread

Cujo

16 hours ago, Cujo said:

Ok. So this is gonna be weird. And take a while to get used to.

I feel like it's already been trending this way unofficially.  I've seen a handful of games on Fox that were all AFC and vice versa with all NFC on CBS.

• Like 4

So now the NFL is moving into playing games on Fridays??

They really don't know when to stop, do they? (And you just know this is only testing the waters....reference where things went from Thanksgiving Day classics to the first TNF regular-season games to now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

So now the NFL is moving into playing games on Fridays??

They really don't know when to stop, do they? (And you just know this is only testing the waters....reference where things went from Thanksgiving Day classics to the first TNF regular-season games to now.)

We're going to have 7 days of football and we're going to learn to love it.

That's also going to be 7 separate broadcast packages and the streaming aspect is going to be a huge PITA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Jaguars playing two straight weeks in London seems interesting.

CBS announced Bengals at Chiefs on New Years Eve 4:25pm. I wouldve pinned that one for a primetime game.

I'd assume that's how they would break up scheduling if the Jags ever do go to London.

3 home games, 3 road games, 2 home, 2 road, 4 home, 3 road. 

How much of an competitive advantage that would be is concerning, but it's just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'd assume that's how they would break up scheduling if the Jags ever do go to London.

3 home games, 3 road games, 2 home, 2 road, 4 home, 3 road. 

How much of an competitive advantage that would be is concerning, but it's just a thought.

I was just discussing how to make a competitive team in London and I said playing at home and overseas in blocks of weeks made the most sense if they did that. So this would be a mini version of what I said, because I said blocks of 4 weeks made the most sense to limit jet lag and fatigue. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I was just discussing how to make a competitive team in London and I said playing at home and overseas in blocks of weeks made the most sense if they did that. So this would be a mini version of what I said, because I said blocks of 4 weeks made the most sense to limit jet lag and fatigue. 

That's precisely what I was thinking, but I though four weeks would be too much of an advantage/disadvantage for the London team, and the fact that the NFL now (idiotically) has 17 weeks, so the 4x4 no longer works.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2023/05/10/mayor-curry-renovations-could-force-jaguars-out-of-tiaa-bank-field-for-2-years/

so jags are going to need to find a new home for a few years. Im going to assume Gainesville but with them saying they want to still play in jax I don’t know of any places in the city that are feasible.

I see the part about fans wanting a roof. Like the roof at Miami's Hard Rock stadium?

7 hours ago, Dilbert said:

CBS announced Bengals at Chiefs on New Years Eve 4:25pm. I wouldve pinned that one for a primetime game.

As a former stadium employee who worked one, NYE games suck if you're the type that likes to make plans (like I was way back when.)  At least a 4:25 game (3:25 local time?) gives everyone time to get home for whatever they're planning.  A night game would blow - though it would be kinda neat for them to take a timeout to watch the ball drop near the end of the 4th quarter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I see the part about fans wanting a roof. Like the roof at Miami's Hard Rock stadium?

I've noticed that nearly every game I see in Jacksonville, the field is completely covered in shade. A canopy-style roof would be good for the fans in that Florida heat, but I wonder how much sunlight would be present during games. I know it just gets cloudy down there more often than not, so maybe it's a non-issue, like with Miami.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2023/05/10/mayor-curry-renovations-could-force-jaguars-out-of-tiaa-bank-field-for-2-years/

so jags are going to need to find a new home for a few years. Im going to assume Gainesville but with them saying they want to still play in jax I don’t know of any places in the city that are feasible.

Tallahassee and or Gainesville would be best options. Or they can do a reverse Florida-Georgia and split games between Athens and Gainesville. Orlando could be an option too. Or the NFL can do a test of a full season or two in London.

Signature intentionally left blank

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Also, more evidence pointing towards Brady being "done" done.

It's not going to stop Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio from saying "any minute now, he's coming back to play for the Miami Dolphins"

Yeah, this is legit.  He has nothing left to prove and his place in Canton is secure, so what reason would he come back at 46?

• Like 1