College Football 2023

Rixaroo

3 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

I don’t mind the power blue helmet, but I feel like Ole Miss wears the powder blue just a bit too much. It should really be more of a once/maybe twice per season thing. I also only like it with the powder blue jerseys otherwise it’s mismatched with the navy/red.

But I agree they should keep it traditional more.

I don't like it when they wear the powder blue helmet and jersey, because it looks odd with the red on the helmet but  no red on the jersey. The powder blue helmet works better with the red jersey because there's balance

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

30 minutes ago, kb105 said:

Color on Color in Fayetteville, AR.

Mizzou in Black/Yellow/Black and Arkansas in all Cardinal

This makes me hope that Iowa-Iowa State can do Black/red matchups. Arkansas and Missouri did that one year and it’s possible.

Florida will be going all-blue again tonight against FSU. There’s a part of me though who really would’ve loved to see the ultra rare blue jersey/orange pants combo.

Personally, it’s not a bad look in anyway and better than the all-blue. It’s really never made sense to me why Florida hasn’t worn this combo more after it was worn a lot under Spurrier. At the end of the day, aside from the all-black alternate, Florida doesn’t really have any bad combos.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

South Florida released their alternates for today's game.  

Maybe I’m missing something, but what do they mean by “laid for our future this season”? They are 5-6. There is no future this season. Maybe next year.

Georgia Tech is going with white lids and jerseys with gold pants against Georgia tonight. Not my favorite Tech look, but it’s still good. I prefer when they wear white at home and Georgia is in red. White feels like the right look for them, similar to LSU. But I prefer a gold helmet.

I see LSU is in “icy” all-white from head to toe against A&M. Second game in a row wearing white helmets and pants for them (wore purple jerseys against GA State).

I’m not at all an LSU fan, but sorry, they should never wear anything other than gold helmets and pants.  It just doesn’t look like LSU and the alternate white features aren’t better than the gold.

• Like 3

I really loved how last night’s Civil War looked. I’ve always thought these games look best under the lights, especially when the game showcases as much color as last night’s did. I thought the Ducks’ white pants and socks really helped the overall contrast and helped to alleviate the highlighter-esque effect. Had the Beavs worn their black helmets and/or pants, I think this would’ve been my favorite color on color Civil War matchup yet. 
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Hurl 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not entirely against Georgia Tech's helmet decision for tonight. 

Those uniforms have grown on me a lot (mainly because so many players wear cut-off pants that the issue with the truncated pant stripe isn't as noticeable). 

The material Adidas used for the numbers and center stripe on the pants does a nice job of finally giving us dazzle gold instead of a flat mustardy look -- ditto with the nice finish on the decals. I know it's a bit unbalanced of a uniform with the gold pants, but they're going to look great. 

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia Tech is going with white lids and jerseys with gold pants against Georgia tonight. Not my favorite Tech look, but it’s still good. I prefer when they wear white at home and Georgia is in red. White feels like the right look for them, similar to LSU. But I prefer a gold helmet.

agree, but they look pretty good tonight vs UGa.  Good looking matchup 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I really loved how last night’s Civil War looked. I’ve always thought these games look best under the lights, especially when the game showcases as much color as last night’s did. I thought the Ducks’ white pants and socks really helped the overall contrast and helped to alleviate the highlighter-esque effect. Had the Beavs worn their black helmets and/or pants, I think this would’ve been my favorite color on color Civil War matchup yet. 
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Oregon should have worn yellow britches.

20 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

I see LSU is in “icy” all-white from head to toe against A&M. Second game in a row wearing white helmets and pants for them (wore purple jerseys against GA State).

I’m not at all an LSU fan, but sorry, they should never wear anything other than gold helmets and pants.  It just doesn’t look like LSU and the alternate white features aren’t better than the gold.

I like the idea of LSU trying out new uniform combos. It's not the norm for them, but it's a good look all the same.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Went out with a bang with this beautiful uni matchup. Orange vs Green. Lovely.

16 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Sadly, this will be their final meeting. 😢 

Have they announced they won't continue playing? If not, then there's no guarantee it will be the final game. Washington and Wazzu have already announced a continuation through at least 2028, I believe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McCall said:

Have they announced they won't continue playing? If not, then there's no guarantee it will be the final game. Washington and Wazzu have already announced a continuation through at least 2028, I believe.

Reason why I said that was because Texas A&M moved to the SEC and only played University of Texas once. So to be honest, Oregon State will be without Oregon because the main focus of Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and USC is that they will be more focused or in tuned to the Big 10 teams and would only play Oregon State once, Texas will renew their Texas A&M rivalry once they go into the SEC with Oklahoma and two other teams joining them.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:48 AM, kaleb_girod said:

Florida will be going all-blue again tonight against FSU. There’s a part of me though who really would’ve loved to see the ultra rare blue jersey/orange pants combo.

Personally, it’s not a bad look in anyway and better than the all-blue. It’s really never made sense to me why Florida hasn’t worn this combo more after it was worn a lot under Spurrier. At the end of the day, aside from the all-black alternate, Florida doesn’t really have any bad combos.

The longstanding superstition among Gator fans regarding orange/blue/orange is "look like Illinois, play like Illinois." IIRC the only win in that combo is 2016 North Texas.

Granted, Florida plays like Illinois regardless of the combo now, but still.

• LOL 1

ExJworW.png