2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

So these are just a one-time thing, both uniforms and logo? Sorry if it's been brought up before; I've just never seen a team unveil a whole new package, only for it to be used in just a single season.

Just a hunch I have but I think in '24-'25, when the NHL switches from Adidas to Fanatics, we will see new "retro" Bruins uniform based on this season's centennial anniversary set. The centennial anniversary set looks like  the yellow-gold/Athletic gold will be replaced with metallic gold and then the metallic gold will be replaced with the yellow-gold after this upcoming season.

The main set gives off similar vibes from when Pittsburgh used Vegas Gold...  On the good  version, not the one they lifted 2 Cups in.  Still, this seems like an extremely bizarre way for an original 6 team to celebrate its centennial.  I wish they'd just replaced the logos on their current set, with the simplified versions, brought back the yellow socks and called it a day.  These feel more like gimmick jerseys than a celebration of 100 years of Bruins hockey.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I'm sorry, on the scale of Bruins jerseys these are so incredibly mid. Shiny gold, too many stripes, shiny gold, only one shoulder patch, shiny gold, and black socks on the home jersey. The Bruins took a swing and whiffed.

For next season, either put the new spoked B on the 80s uniforms or go with the standard design of the last 15 years. This just ain't it.

• Like 3

The Bruins don't look bad, but they do look plain. Far too plain for a team that has made yellow their distinctive color. Having no gold yoke, collar, numbers, or socks is a miss, too. If you're going to swap out yellow for a paler color, you need to make sure there's enough of it to not get washed out. Looking at pictures of the jerseys makes me feel like my screen brightness is too low. 

Big picture, honoring the history of the Bruins with no yellow jersey or socks is a miss in my book. 

Also, is the patch only on one shoulder? That's dumb and lame. It's a good patch, just throw it on both. 

If it were up to me, the Bruins would retain their home and road jerseys with the 100th year logo appearing on the shoulders. Then, they would mix in a bunch of throwbacks throughout the year for games against various rivals. 

If I got to pick the throwbacks, here's what I would do:

Yellow

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Images/Bruins09.png

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Images/Bruins04.png

Yellow

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Images/Bruins19.png

Both

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Images/Bruins25.png

Black

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Images/Bruins40.png

And then you mix in the current ones with the yellow socks instead. Wear each like three times, and I think you're set. 

• Like 2

Wow those are extremely underwhelming and I'm being polite cause this site doesn't allow swear words

What kinda moron in the front office decided it was a good idea to unveil a bunch of crappy second rate Vegas gold era Penguins/Golden Knights hybrids that look NOTHING like a Bruins jersey should look like to celebrate such a milestone? Makes no sense to me. Seriously, take the logo off and can anyone tell me with a straight face that it looks like a Bruins jersey? The shade of gold sucks, the black socks suck, the font sucks and even the alternate kinda sucks. I hate the numbers in the logo, it looks very cheap and something tells me they're gonna wear brown helmets with those cream jerseys and it's gonna make the whole thing look even more amateurish, like a minor hockey team that can't afford two sets of helmets. The only good thing I have to say about that new set of jerseys is that they're only gonna stick around for one season. Thank god

And I'm not even saying this as a biased Habs fan, on the contrary, I've always thought the Bruins had nice jerseys. I expect more from them!

Why couldn't they just wear a bunch of retro jerseys throughout the season and wear a patch on their regular jerseys the rest of the time?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

The bull gang installs the ice at TD Garden  - with the new gold Spoked-B logo at center ice.

Ice looks good, but I can't get over what a downgrade it was to go from yellow seats to black seats. It really gets in the way of being the spiritual continuation of the Boston Garden that the naming rights and being next door to the old one would suggest.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wow those are extremely underwhelming and I'm being polite cause this site doesn't allow swear words

What kinda moron in the front office decided it was a good idea to unveil a bunch of crappy second rate Vegas gold era Penguins/Golden Knights hybrids that look NOTHING like a Bruins jersey should look like to celebrate such a milestone? Makes no sense to me. Seriously, take the logo off and can anyone tell me with a straight face that it looks like a Bruins jersey? The shade of gold sucks, the black socks suck, the font sucks and even the alternate kinda sucks. I hate the numbers in the logo, it looks very cheap and something tells me they're gonna wear brown helmets with those cream jerseys and it's gonna make the whole thing look even more amateurish, like a minor hockey team that can't afford two sets of helmets. The only good thing I have to say about that new set of jerseys is that they're only gonna stick around for one season. Thank god

And I'm not even saying this as a biased Habs fan, on the contrary, I've always thought the Bruins had nice jerseys. I expect more from them!

Why couldn't they just wear a bunch of retro jerseys throughout the season and wear a patch on their regular jerseys the rest of the time?

As a Bruins fan, I definitely agree with you. These are awful. White numbers?? Black socks?? I was expecting a jersey from three different eras, Orr, Bourque and Bergeron (all the old timey classic ones have been mined for Winter Classics already). Home - Bourque, Road - Orr, and Third - Bergeron. That would tie up the history together.

White numbers??/// WTF? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I hate the numbers in the logo, it looks very cheap

To be fair, it's not the first time that they've done it for an anniversary logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

For a jersey set that's meant to celebrate a century worth of their history, it's the mildest design I've seen. It's not the most offensive thing I ever seen (ad patch aside), but I think it could've been so much better.

For example, why isn't the yoke from the home and away jersey shiny gold from their stripping? Without it, you would think it's a knock-off jersey made by someone straddling the copywrite line so the lawyers won't catch him for plagiarism. And while you're at it, do the same with the cuffs as well.

Again, it's not a bad jersey. It missed the opportunity to pay a proper tribute to the Bruins history by being halfway between generic and unique.