2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

Looking at those photos the Devils old white sweater is actually a little disappointing. It feels like way to much black, when it should be a little more red heavy. I guess that’s why I like the wider stripes on the new set, but the lack of tail stripes is awful. They look like freaking nightshirts on the players… 

• Dislike 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Looking at those photos the Devils old white sweater is actually a little disappointing. It feels like way to much black, when it should be a little more red heavy. I guess that’s why I like the wider stripes on the new set, but the lack of tail stripes is awful. They look like freaking nightshirts on the players… 

Agreed. I like how the red pops more on the new white jersey than it did on the previous one.  If they had the hem stripes I would say the current set is superior but their absence really makes it look incomplete.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

34 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The red numbers really popped, though

spacer.png

• Like 5

I mean, personally I just think looking like the team that won 3 Stanley Cups is probably a better idea than trying to throw Scouts and Rockies striping into your main identity, when both of those teams are associated with literally nothing but failure.

It'd be like if the Stars decided to rebrand their look to homage the Cleveland Barons part of their history instead of, you know, looking like the team that won the Stanley Cup and went to multiple Finals.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, personally I just think looking like the team that won 3 Stanley Cups is probably a better idea than trying to throw Scouts and Rockies striping into your identity, when both of those teams are associated with literally nothing but failure.

Personally, I don't think teams should shun parts of their history just because they weren't successful at the time. The New Jersey Devils would not exist were it not for the Scouts and Rockies, no matter how successful or unsuccessful those teams were, and that should be recognized.

If teams only stuck with their winning looks, the Sabres would still be wearing the Buffaslug, the Senators would be forever using their toga jerseys, and the Ducks would still have a wordmark logo.

2 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

If teams only stuck with their winning looks, the Sabres would still be wearing the Buffaslug, the Senators would be forever using their toga jerseys, and the Ducks would still have a wordmark logo.

Why would the Sabres be wearing the Buffaslug and not the Goat? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Why would the Sabres be wearing the Buffaslug and not the Goat? 

fair point, got me there. i guess i associate their success more with ryan miller and those late Y2K-era teams. the goathead is still not as good as their royal blue look.

11 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Winning? 🤔😂

they wore them for their one and only stanley cup finals appearance so yeah?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The red numbers really popped, though

spacer.png

I mean it was more red, but not quite enough for me…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

...Winning? 🤔😂

I mean, there are like 3 franchises in every major sport that have the winning traditions as your beloved Habs. The rest of each league is a hodge podge of a few special championship years (or close to it). To compare all franchises to the candiens is honestly not even fair considering many of their championships came when the league had way less teams and was dominated by Canadian based teams. For a fan base to look upon a jersey with fondness because it was worn during one of their peak eras is totally valid in my book. Doesn't mean they have to wear them for eternity. 

Just for the record... its been 30 years since the Habs last lifted the chalice. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Quebec Remparts really managed to perfectly balance the red and black on their white jersey, wich is clearly inspired by the Devils old look.

Jersey - Quebec Remparts - V60QREHN-L

7 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I mean, there are like 3 franchises in every major sport that have the winning traditions as your beloved Habs. The rest of each league is a hodge podge of a few special championship years (or close to it). To compare all franchises to the candiens is honestly not even fair considering many of their championships came when the league had way less teams and was dominated by Canadian based teams. For a fan base to look upon a jersey with fondness because it was worn during one of their peak eras is totally valid in my book. Doesn't mean they have to wear them for eternity. 

Just for the record... its been 30 years since the Habs last lifted the chalice. 

I thought we were talking about the Devils? Who said anything about the Canadiens?

Comparing the dynasty-lite 1995-2003 Devils to the 2007 Sens or Sabres is just hilarious, sorry

By the way, even if you don't count pre-1967 Cups, the Habs still have the most by a landslide lol

On 5/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, monkeypower said:

It's kind of like the Devils were the sheltered kid with the strict parent in Lamoriello and once the parent was gone the kid decided to try to get a little wild, but they didn't know what that meant and considered drinking two glasses of sparkling apple juice instead of one as "wild".

I didn't know you knew me in high school!

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I thought we were talking about the Devils? Who said anything about the Canadiens?

Comparing the dynasty-lite 1995-2003 Devils to the 2007 Sens or Sabres is just hilarious, sorry

By the way, even if you don't count pre-1967 Cups, the Habs still have the most by a landslide lol

Your response pretty much sums up what I was getting at. It seems like you belittle other franchises sweater history and "glory years" because you have an affinity for the Habs. You didn't say anything about the Canadiens, but in reality you did because you go out of your way to scoff at other teams success or the fact that they haven't had the same sweater for 1000 years.  

Not a big deal. I'm just saying, different franchises need to be viewed through different lenses. 90% of each league is made up of franchises that rarely win championship and have changed branding for one reason or another. So while you may have the response of:

On 5/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

...Winning? 🤔😂

...to that franchise, even just that Stanley Cup Finals appearance was their pinnacle. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

42 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Jets going back to their old school look?  Replacing home with alternate sweater next year?

Did you hear this somewhere?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Did you hear this somewhere?

Presumably, this is what they were referring to. Personally, I kinda hope they're going to a version of the 90's jersey, since that's way more interesting than just being Edmonton ala New York Rangers.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1