2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

23 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

This is a very random downgrade. Not only was nothing wrong with the old orange, the new one is closer to burnt orange. That’s more Austin than Philly. 

Also the current Jets logo is fine… it’s just boring. I’m not sure how to fix that. 

What's with the logo shrinking on the right side? 

sig.png

13 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Actually, the orange they've been using is less Philly; they've used a more burnt orange for a long period of their history; and most Flyers fans I've seen haaaaated the more neon orange with a burning passion and wanted them to go back.

yeah the neon is fine in a vacuum but the burnt orange fits philly a lot better and you're right, has been around for far longer.

this fits the broad street bullies brand and style that the team (tries) to lean into:

spacer.png

far better than this (also has to do with the emphasis on black but still)spacer.png

i've maintained the reverse retro 1.0 is the best the flyers have ever looked. hopefully they take something like that into consideration for the redesign since they probably won't do a 1-1 swap to that. 

• Like 8

It bothers me that the keyline on the Flyers' primary logo is almost twice as wide on the left side of the wings for no reason at all. 

Really, this isn't a Yankees-style problem where multiple versions of the logo are iconic... just round-off the sharp lower-left corner of the wings on the jersey crest and extend them out a bit and then use it for everything.  

• Like 4

I like the Jets jerseys. The primary logo is horrifically bad and really feels like the logo of a team that moved and changed names overnight, so needed a new crest asap. I like the concept behind the shoulder logos, but not the execution.

I really like their script logo, how it reminds you of skywriting, but shouldn’t be the primary. 

Most importantly though, I think the double blue colour scheme is great, and it would be a tragedy if they ditched it to be another blue and red team. I would like it if they ditched red entirely to add some more distance from Seattle.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I like the Jets jerseys. The primary logo is horrifically bad and really feels like the logo of a team that moved and changed names overnight, so needed a new crest asap. I like the concept behind the shoulder logos, but not the execution.

I really like their script logo, how it reminds you of skywriting, but shouldn’t be the primary. 

Most importantly though, I think the double blue colour scheme is great, and it would be a tragedy if they ditched it to be another blue and red team. I would like it if they ditched red entirely to add some more distance from Seattle.

Agreed except for the last part. It's Seattle that needs to ditch the red. Salmon would be perfect for them

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

36 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Agreed except for the last part. It's Seattle that needs to ditch the red. Salmon would be perfect for them

This. The red always felt like a VGK stripe to me. Just make it salmon. Not only would it fit with the branding and color scheme, but deep down, a salmon third might actually be awesome if done correctly.

I'm guessing that maybe the eye didn't stand out in salmon as much as red, but would mind seeing one of our talented people mock that up.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 3:27 PM, BuckDancer said:

So kind of like their current reverse retro? Or their 2018 third?

The exact same colours they have now. The red is only present in their terrible logos. So if they're doing a rebrand as is being speculated, they can switch to new logos that do not have red in them. Then whatever proportions they use "Aviator Blue" and "Polar Night Blue" in on their new uniforms, it won't have red. Easy Peasy. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

35 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The exact same colours they have now. The red is only present in their terrible logos. So if they're doing a rebrand as is being speculated, they can switch to new logos that do not have red in them. Then whatever proportions they use "Aviator Blue" and "Polar Night Blue" in on their new uniforms, it won't have red. Easy Peasy. 

Agreed. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

Where did you read anything about the color/logo in their press release?  All I read about was Jonesy and Brierre - I didn't read anything *official* about colors or logos, and didn't see the graphics you posted anywhere.  In fact, one is missing the (r), so it would seem like one or the other isn't official.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."