2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

Would be disappointing if the Jets went full retro, especially as there's nothing really wrong with what they have now and is unique to them.  They would also become the fourth team to use that same three stripes pattern. 

If they do a full rebrand, I rather they go with something new and use the aviator blue as the primary colour.

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, M4One said:

Would be disappointing if the Jets went full retro, especially as there's nothing really wrong with what they have now and is unique to them.  They would also become the fourth team to use that same three stripes pattern. 

If they do a full rebrand, I rather they go with something new and use the aviator blue as the primary colour.

Probably an unpopular opinion but every primary Jets' logo past or present has been terrible.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

11 hours ago, M4One said:

I agree with you about the past logos.  The current is fine for me.

The current one stinks. It's a modified RCAF logo with a jet slapped on and a notch in the top the celebrate the ownership group.

Plus I hate the maple leaf usage, it's one of my logo pet peeves. The Jets aren't the only Canadian team in the NHL and one other team who is also Canadian already uses that as their name. 

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The current one stinks. It's a modified RCAF logo with a jet slapped on and a notch in the top the celebrate the ownership group.

Plus I hate the maple leaf usage, it's one of my logo pet peeves. The Jets aren't the only Canadian team in the NHL and one other team who is also Canadian already uses that as their name. 

It looks like a bad clipart, it took away the best part of the roundel, which is it's universal simplicity, and superimposed a photo realistic jet over the top.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:06 PM, Ridleylash said:

Presumably, this is what they were referring to. Personally, I kinda hope they're going to a version of the 90's jersey, since that's way more interesting than just being Edmonton ala New York Rangers.

Excellent news, if true. Honestly two-tone blue never fully clicked for the Jets with me, and their alternate is basically what I wish the Rangers still looked like, albeit without such a dark blue; since they don't seem to want to go back to that striping, I'm glad at least someone is willing to. :P

On 5/1/2023 at 12:35 AM, JTernup said:

I don’t have much to add here but the Senators have to have the worst logo history in big 4 sports for my money. Those lifeless white faces, design flaws, and uncanny valley aspects leave nothing to admire. I’m sure their fans like the Roman Senator look but I’d be tempted to shift towards a Canadian capital logo like the Weagle or Nationals  capital dome cap logo.

I think the worst logo talk is a bit hyperbolic, but I agree that they’d be better off leaning into local imagery/nods to the old franchise. Returning to a mostly unchanged 2D logo was the safe rebranding option, and it’s miles better than the previous set, although that was a pretty low bar to clear. 

It’s funny because the other day I was thinking it’d be interesting to try and come up with a Weagle style logo involving a beaver & the Peace Tower. 

On 5/2/2023 at 7:03 PM, WSU151 said:

Has anyone done a Peace Tower inside the O? Would it work? 

I wish I could remember the name of the designer, but there was a concept series a while ago that imagined the Sens branding if the original franchise never folded. This version of the logo was my favourite. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Excellent news, if true. Honestly two-tone blue never fully clicked for the Jets with me, and their alternate is basically what I wish the Rangers still looked like, albeit without such a dark blue; since they don't seem to want to go back to that striping, I'm glad at least someone is willing to. :P

Problem with the WHA unis is that the white jersey looks way too similar to other jerseys. Specifically Edmonton and to a lesser extent the Rangers and Bruins. I never liked the WHA look just because they use a pretty generic striping pattern. 

• Like 2

The Jets' logo always felt like a secondary pressed into service as a primary. It would look great on the shoulders, as it does on their AHL teams over the years. Up front, it feels inert. Time to design a new version of the old primaries.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Jets' logo always felt like a secondary pressed into service as a primary. It would look great on the shoulders, as it does on their AHL teams over the years. Up front, it feels inert. Time to design a new version of the old primaries.

I agree with this. It's a fine secondary mark. They've also paired this with wordmarks that feel incongruous to the primary, as if they were pursuing two different design paths, couldn't pick one, and split the difference. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

The Jets primary logos are similar to the Yankees primary logo. Bit of a different situation but they are cool and I like them, especially the original.

They are also way better than the Capitals text logo despite having a similar design

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

By old primaries do you mean their WHA look, their 80's look or their 90's look?

The '90s logo was an update of the '80s logo, which I think they used in the WHA near the end -- some manner of circle, stick, and airplane in which the stick forms the J in "Winnipeg Jets"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

That’s the most corny and wordy way to announce you tweaked a color and removed a logo outline. This age of social media marketing in which everything needs to be “that deep” is really making market-speak insufferable these days. Man.

• Like 11

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That’s the most corny and wordy way to announce you tweaked a color and removed a logo outline. This age of social media marketing in which everything needs to be “that deep” is really making market-speak insufferable these days. Man.

They also announced their new president & GM today.

It still is a bit much, if one were to play a drinking game everytime they say new they would be in the hospital.

I do hope this means all their logo's wont have that extra outline it used to sometimes have.

• LOL 3

54 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

This is a very random downgrade. Not only was nothing wrong with the old orange, the new one is closer to burnt orange. That’s more Austin than Philly. 

Also the current Jets logo is fine… it’s just boring. I’m not sure how to fix that. 

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 5/7/2023 at 10:05 PM, M4One said:

The unique jerseys are cool, but this primary logo was a last-minute effort that was slapped together:

z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

It can use an upgrade. If they go full retro like Ottawa, it's a bad idea. But if they recreate the classic roundel and use this modernized script and maybe the modernized Jet silhouette, there's potential for something great.

305038212019.gif

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

This is a very random downgrade. Not only was nothing wrong with the old orange, the new one is closer to burnt orange. That’s more Austin than Philly.

Actually, the orange they've been using is less Philly; they've used a more burnt orange for a long period of their history; and most Flyers fans I've seen haaaaated the more neon orange with a burning passion and wanted them to go back.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

To be fair, someone from marketing worked their ass off to come up with the corporate bullship.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4