2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

What I think is kind of a neat part with the draft hats is a patch on the side with an alternate logo (or the primary again if no alternate logo) and the arena's coordinates on it.

mens-fanatics-branded-black-anaheim-duck

This would also confirm that the Ducks aren't changing for this upcoming season? Not that I ever believed they would.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Fourth or fifth consecutive year where jersey stripes are a prominent feature…time to think of another idea. 

Needs more stripes.

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

What I think is kind of a neat part with the draft hats is a patch on the side with an alternate logo (or the primary again if no alternate logo) and the arena's coordinates on it.

mens-fanatics-branded-black-anaheim-duck

This would also confirm that the Ducks aren't changing for this upcoming season? Not that I ever believed they would.

A lot of speculation about the Jets changing sweaters, but this hat seems unfazed:

Winnipeg Jets Fanatics Branded 2023 NHL Draft On Stage Trucker Adjustable Hat - Navy

Weird that Fanatics didn't want to include one blue stripe (or possible two stripes) for the Leafs: 

Toronto Maple Leafs Fanatics Branded 2023 NHL Draft On Stage Trucker Adjustable Hat - Blue

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Weird that Fanatics didn't want to include one blue stripe (or possible two stripes) for the Leafs: 

Toronto Maple Leafs Fanatics Branded 2023 NHL Draft On Stage Trucker Adjustable Hat - Blue

I wonder if that's a style guide thing or a stylistic choice from Fanatics because of the Leafs logos. The logos don't have an outline so regardless of which logo/stripes combo they went with, the stripe would look like it connects into the logo.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

14 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I wonder if that's a style guide thing or a stylistic choice from Fanatics because of the Leafs logos. The logos don't have an outline so regardless of which logo/stripes combo they went with, the stripe would look like it connects into the logo.

Maybe, but I don’t think putting a white outline around the logo to break up the intersection would have violated any style guide parameter. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Some event logos for next season:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Edmonton one I am a big fan of, it looks great.

The Seattle one is good but really feels more like a Mariners event logo.

The Toronto one is one of the most generic things I’ve ever seen. If it didn’t say “Toronto All-Star game” and you told me it was the logo for a gas station in the Midwest or a fast casual restaurant chain in Florida I would totally believe you. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The Seattle one is good but really feels more like a Mariners event logo.

Well, it is being played at their ballpark ...

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 6/3/2023 at 6:52 PM, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

The yellow is such an odd choice. I feel like a simple swap to silver would be much better.

• Like 4

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The league also announced that four teams will be participating in next year's Stadium Series. The Devils will host the Flyers at MetLife Stadium for the first game, while the Islanders and Rangers will square off the following night. It's worth noting that the Devils, Islanders, and Rangers were the first teams to participate in the Stadium Series ten years ago.

Have to wonder if the event logo will follow the Heritage Classic's lead and make a bunch of nods to the inaugural game held in (roughly) the same location a decade ago. It'll also be interesting to see if Lou Lamoriello refuses to let the Islanders wear modernized jerseys for the event like he did with the Devils in 2014.

6 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The league also announced that four teams will be participating in next year's Stadium Series. The Devils will host the Flyers at MetLife Stadium for the first game, while the Islanders and Rangers will square off the following night. It's worth noting that the Devils, Islanders, and Rangers were the first teams to participate in the Stadium Series ten years ago.

Have to wonder if the event logo will follow the Heritage Classic's lead and make a bunch of nods to the inaugural game held in (roughly) the same location a decade ago. It'll also be interesting to see if Lou Lamoriello refuses to let the Islanders wear modernized jerseys for the event like he did with the Devils in 2014.

They should just add a game Feb 19 and make it an actual tournament. 

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

8 hours ago, Mingjai said:

They should just add a game Feb 19 and make it an actual tournament. 

The Flyers beating a NJ/NY Area and a NY Team (Esp if it ended up being Devils then Rangers)  would be too sweet. (I know, I know the Flyers winning in general is alot to ask for)