Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

Alright, sue me here, but I like the big wordmark on the home a lot. 

It reminds me of a modern version of classic jerseys. Oklahoma and Texas, and a lot of the other Southwest Conference schools. It's not like this is unprecendented, we just don't see it often anymore. 

The biggest issue here is the same issue I keep having with the NFL in general, and it's the pairings of the jerseys, pants and socks. Those all-white uniforms are so devoid of anything, it's going to look ridiculous on TV -- in fact the TV cameras might start white balancing on them

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

How do teams claim to spend “YEARS” on these things and then unveil something that any of us could’ve designed in a half hour? I heard these were “in the works back in 2021”. What exactly did they work on?

I mean they probably had this set approved for a while, let’s say a year and a half max of “design” time, most of that time probably being approvals and minor tweaks as it went down the line.

2 minutes ago, TruColor said:

I will go into more detail later (on vacation right now), but the rumored colors I heard were going to happen were:

Grand Red (209)

Desert Gloaming (158)

Desert Cardinal Gray (421)

Desert Night (Black)

Flagstaff Snow White (White)

Gradient pants, lots of other crazy details.

I imagine there will severe repercussions for your source, no? 

• LOL 2

Hate that every set is mono. 

Hate the stupid ARIZONA wordmark.  Why is it on the homes?  If you're in ARIZONA watching ARIZONA play, don't you already know they're ARIZONA??  That's why MLB teams put their nickname on their home jerseys and their city name on their away jerseys.

• Like 8

A few things stick out right away.

Are these the first Nike designed NFL uniforms to not use a custom number font?

The logo inconsistency is really bugging me. Each jersey has a different variation, which are different than the helmet logos, which are different than the primary logo. So technically the Cardinals have 5 different versions of the logo now? 

Lack of striping on the red. I get the history there but it's just too bland. 

The entire set could benefit from some gold accents. After weeks of "unique color scheme" this is anything but. Black/red is probably the most nonunique scheme is sports.  

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure why they chose to have all 9 players wearing the same combinations

This was my thought. You have three players in each jersey already, so why are you not showing off every pants combo? So stupid.

As for the uniforms, they'd be fine if worn with contrasting socks or pants. But nope, gotta be one solid color in order to have drip. The wordmark in the sleeve stripe is dumb, but not as egregious as the Lions. It's much more like North Carolina's 90s throwbacks.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I don’t understand how it always happens…you can see how they started down the right track and then it just veered off into the woods. This reminds me a lot of the falcons. The gist is there but there are just so many WTF decisions in the details.

kinda like the helmet though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It reminds me of a modern version of classic jerseys. Oklahoma and Texas, and a lot of the other Southwest Conference schools. It's not like this is unprecendented, we just don't see it often anymore. 

It's a traditional college aesthetic that has no business in the NFL.  It looks hokey and bush league.  Oklahoma looks great - because their jersey exists within the context of college football.  The new AZ Cardinals jersey looks like ass.

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

Are these the first Nike designed NFL uniforms to not use a custom number font?

They use a custom number font.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Red over white and white over red would have been terrific and would have at least looked like something.

Anyone else find it funny they have ARIZONA on the home uniform? I'd hope Cardinals fans would know where they are.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags