College Football 2023

MJWalker45

9 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Michigan is one of the top programs in the country who could win the title any given year. You don’t play around with musical chairs for the head coaching role and use the program as a “showcase.” All that will do is breed instability and confusion. Who should the players listen to? They will win all of those games but it’s ridiculous. What a joke.

I'm pretty sure they know whats going on. Harbaugh is there during practice and its not like they're playing Penn State, Michigan State and Ohio State. They're playing scrub teams

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

No they're not.

Haha. I think they are less likely. But put it this way: as college football splits further and further into the “haves” and the “have nots,” they are definitely closer to the top. Whether they can make it happen or not remains to be seen!

15 minutes ago, Gary said:

I'm pretty sure they know whats going on. Harbaugh is there during practice and its not like they're playing Penn State, Michigan State and Ohio State. They're playing scrub teams

Exactly. All the rivalry stuff aside, I don't think Michigan would  have any trouble with that part of the schedule even if I were coaching them.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Exactly. All the rivalry stuff aside, I don't think Michigan would  have any trouble with that part of the schedule even if I were coaching them.

You take the first half of the UNLV game, I'll take the second.  I'll get a petition started once I get off the toilet.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's be honest, Michigan has 3 games all year - Ohio State, Penn State, and I'll add Michigan State because that's a big rivalry. Harbaugh will be back for those (and the 6 other conference games, but they could sleepwalk through those with or without him). They'll be fine.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Michigan is one of the top programs in the country who could win the title any given year. You don’t play around with musical chairs for the head coaching role and use the program as a “showcase.” All that will do is breed instability and confusion. Who should the players listen to? They will win all of those games but it’s ridiculous. What a joke.

The fact they should walk all over their opponents is why they're doing this. If it was Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Iowa to start the season they'd have one assistant filling that head coach job for all of the games. Splitting the head coach job for the UNLV job is the one that makes the least sense. We all know they should win by 30, but if I'm UNLV I'd be fired up to ruin someone's day for taking the over on that game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I find it amusing that Michigan is basically going to let the assistants call the shots for the non-conference games while Harbaugh sits in the locker room.

Also, what gives with the split duties for the UNLV game?

With a 17-14 win over UTEP, Jacksonville State has won their first game as an FBS team, their first intradivisional FBS game, and their first CUSA conference game.

Move over Ohio State...the Gamecocks now have the highest all-time FBS winning percentage of any team.

bYhYmxh.png

This is certainly a look. Due to construction at Vanderbilt, they have a temporary videoboard hanging from a couple cranes.

F4gBsYgXYAAbTZM?format=jpg&name=large

Also, Hawaiis visiting locker room at Vanderbilt was in a tent.  The game also had a lightning delay.

F4fsWudWgAEg99t?format=jpg&name=large

Signature intentionally left blank

I don't know how practical it is because I don't know what the locker rooms are connected to (media areas, equipment rooms, etc) but I've always felt that in situations like this, the home team should be the one to use the temporary facility and let the visitors use the nicer one.  Not out of the goodness of their hearts, but to ensure that there's no gamesmanship afoot. 

The video board actually looks better than I'd expect for something hanging by cranes.  The wiring must be a nightmare.   I wonder if it sways in the wind - doesn't look like the bottom is supported much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13-10. The Big Ten West is going out with a BANG. 

For the Huskers, it’s year one game one of the Rhule tenure, but losing this way is what the last two regimes did a bunch of. 

Still, I think strategically he’s got the right idea, but if he’s hitching his wagon to Jeff Sims at qb this is gonna be a long year. 

Time will only tell if he corrects the mistakes or if he’s another dud. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Felt like a very winnable game for Florida if they'd just quit the procedural penalties on 3rd-and-short that killed all their damn drives in the red zone. Not thrilled about the lack of discipline but happy with the contributions from young talent. Napier needs an OC or someone in his ear telling him no on some of his playcalls.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Felt like a very winnable game for Florida if they'd just quit the procedural penalties on 3rd-and-short that killed all their damn drives in the red zone. Not thrilled about the lack of discipline but happy with the contributions from young talent. Napier needs an OC or someone in his ear telling him no on some of his playcalls.

You must not have Spectrum as your provider.  I wanted to watch but Spectrum and ESPN had other thoughts.

• Like 1