MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Did they say if they’re keeping the Oakland A’s name, or if they’re the Las Vegas A’s (of Sacramento), or the Sacramento A’s?

Also… I thought there were snags in the LV deal and it was still far from a done deal. 

I think it's been reported they're going to just brand themselves as "The Athletics".  Who knows what the "official official" name would be.

Well, they did pass the measure so they have the money from the government.  I'd wager any snags come from Ballys who apparently are not doing well and are the ones who control the land the Athletics want to use on the Strip.  The renderings they released were not very detailed and indicate they have a lot to iron out.

I didn't realize the Reds' current wordmarks and numbers were so disliked around these parts. I've always liked them, though they would definitely look better sans drop shadows. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I am watching Pirates-Nationals on the SportsNet Pittsburgh feed, and the difference in grey tops and bottoms for the Buccos is VERY APPARENT. 

Is it that their tops are more blue than the pants?  Otherwise I'm not seeing anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I am watching Pirates-Nationals on the SportsNet Pittsburgh feed, and the difference in grey tops and bottoms for the Buccos is VERY APPARENT. 

Was at Camden Yards on Saturday and my girlfriend who's not as uniform nerdy as me noticed the Angels jerseys and pants not matching from the upper level... This is bad.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FrutigerAero said:

Is it that their tops are more blue than the pants?  Otherwise I'm not seeing anything.

Of course that's it, yes. That's like if I said an asteroid is coming towards Earth and the response was, "are you talking about the bright ball in the sky that keeps getting bigger and changing colors? Otherwise I'm not seeing anything!"

• LOL 1

This is random, but one thing I really appreciate about the City Connect program in MLB so far is that essentially all of the designs still have at least some team-related imagery integrated in one form or another.

I think one of the reasons the NBA’s City program has gone off the rails is that, for most of the designs now, you can barely tell what team it’s for, if at all. I think some of them don’t even have any regular team logos or share the main color scheme.

I’m honestly really excited for all of the reveals this year. (Not so much the Phillies tomorrow, just because, assuming the leak is real, that looks to be the worst City jersey so far, in my opinion).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

"The franchise formerly known as Oakland Athletics"

FKA Oakland A's

Just put the FKA in a patch above their current road script.

OR, if they really wanted to make a point (and look like even bigger a-holes), they could put "SUCKS" in the tail of the script.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mac from It's always sunny in Philly would like these... I personally like the cap....kinda. I see nike / Fanatics has a solution to see through pants...just go dark baby 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again