MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Nothing says “unapologetically Philly” like wearing black and blue, the colors your skin turns after getting in a fist fight in the stands at the Vet in 1987.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

VmWIn6B.png

As expected, I don't really have much positive to say about Philly's City Connect. The cap is pretty nice I suppose. 

I'm still really excited for the rest of the reveals to come.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LMU said:

Nothing says “unapologetically Philly” like wearing black and blue, the colors your skin turns after getting in a fist fight in the stands at the Vet in 1987.

is it black or navy?  Can't tell.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

@aawagner011 re: the Braves belt loops, I somehow just watched the entire game without noticing that. I have noticed that these new pants have those two big belt loop panels on the front. I'm not sure if its necessary -- I always thought of it as the anchor of the pant side stripe, if you can catch my drift. So, it feels weird to have if the side stripe isn't running up to it. 

But, shoot, anything that makes it look like the uniform got some extra attention to detail makes it stand out with the way the rest of MLB looks.

• Like 1

I think it's great that they're celebrating NBA journeyman Tyronn Lue. I didn't even know he was from there.

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

philadelphia-phillies-city-of-brotherly-

Yeah, um...the readability of this thing is off. "City of Brotherly"?? I know that's supposed to connect (ha--"connect") to the LOVE, but the execution of this concept is...nah, man. 

They'd have been better off surrounding it with either 26 or 40 stars...of course then it'd look even more like the Union, but whatevs. 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

This doesn’t read like someone who is confident about the design. More like the executives showed him the uniform and internally he’s thinking how awful they are but feels obligated to praise them. He’s an Under Armour guy, after all.

https://www.mlb.com/phillies/news/phillies-unveil-city-connect-uniforms

exactly..... what do these clowns expect, the truth?

I don't think any player want to be "that guy" ....... the guy that tell the truth, sadly.

3 hours ago, adsarebad said:

exactly..... what do these clowns expect, the truth?

I don't think any player want to be "that guy" ....... the guy that tell the truth, sadly.

Every team needs a Chris Sale.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

21 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

ydim4cmqiske0h5pqz6p.jpg

y1d5mhjhhdqvjj7ue9p5.jpg

mens-nike-trea-turner-blue-philadelphia-

The hat is the only thing I like.

Was REALLY hoping those early leaks a few months ago were fake. Hope was totally lost yesterday morning. 😬
They are pushing these jerseys so much on their social media (Twitter, Instagram)...almost like "please look at this many times and maybe you'll like them more and more..." It's not working. Majority of Phillies fans absolutely hate these. IF....big IF...they chose a different font, rather than this 'Heavy metal cover band / This is Spinal Tap' looking font, it could be a slight improvement??  The "7" looks like a "?" ....or a "2" with a faulty LED display showing the bottom line. LOL, I don't know.

The hat however is ok I guess. The Liberty Bell with city skyline silhouette...it does remind me of a generic design you'd find at a Philly tourism store however.

• Like 1

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

3 minutes ago, UncleJunior said:

Was REALLY hoping those early leaks a few months ago were fake. Hope was totally lost yesterday morning. 😬
They are pushing these jerseys so much on their social media (Twitter, Instagram)...almost like "please look at this many times and maybe you'll like them more and more..." It's not working. Majority of Phillies fans absolutely hate these. IF....big IF...they chose a different font, rather than this 'Heavy metal cover band / This is Spinal Tap' looking font, it could be a slight improvement??  The "7" looks like a "?" ....or a "2" with a faulty LED display showing the bottom line. LOL, I don't know.

The hat however is ok I guess. The Liberty Bell with city skyline silhouette...it does remind me of a generic design you'd find at a Philly tourism store however.

Make the hat light blue with a maroon bell and it would sell gangbusters.

• Like 3

Maybe I missed it in the threads since a new CC dropped and took over, but does anyone know why the pirates are wearing their road alternate for their home opener? They also paired it with the home hat.

KISSwall09.jpg

46 minutes ago, hormone said:

Maybe I missed it in the threads since a new CC dropped and took over, but does anyone know why the pirates are wearing their road alternate for their home opener? They also paired it with the home hat.

Given what other teams are experiencing, I can hazard a guess.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

Yeah, um...the readability of this thing is off. "City of Brotherly"?? I know that's supposed to connect (ha--"connect") to the LOVE, but the execution of this concept is...nah, man. 

If they flipped the positions of the outer text it would at least read as "CITY OF BROTHERLY L🔔VE - PHILADELPHIA." This whole outfit really could have used some C&C.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 hours ago, burgundy said:

These were good uniforms? Collars and all?

spacer.png

The only problem with this uniform is that the collar doesn't go all the way around, that it's just two flaps.

But I, as someone who generally disapproves of pullovers and of coloured jerseys (and definitely of coloured pants), just love this uniform.

My other quibble is that the uniform's early-20th-century aesthetic doesn't really go with the hat that is worn with that set. Instead of having the 70s-style "SOX" logo, the hat should have had the C from the uniform's wordmark.

Still, overall, even given a couple of flaws, this uniform is a beauty.

• Love 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png