2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

23 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I haven't seen any "iconic" or non "bush/minor league" names suggested by the people dumping on the rumored options either 

The Harriers. A bird of prey native to the area that conveys the old tropes of speed and toughness. And it's also the name of a military jet for the ever important "sports iz WAAAAARRRR" and military fetish crowds. To top it all off, it's a legit cool looking bird.

September Bird of the Month: Northern Harrier

• Like 6

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 hours ago, MDGP said:

The Harriers. A bird of prey native to the area that conveys the old tropes of speed and toughness. And it's also the name of a military jet for the ever important "sports iz WAAAAARRRR" and military fetish crowds. To top it all off, it's a legit cool looking bird.

September Bird of the Month: Northern Harrier

That has the potential for a great logo.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I don't know if I should post this in Concepts or not, but I finally finished creating some sweater mock-ups for the Utah Yetis.

I made sure to do Home, Away, and Reverse Retro. I'm not a wizard with Illustrator or Photoshop, but I think I nailed it.

neon-skiwear-1.jpg

Somebody better hurry up and trademark "Harriers" before another squatter does...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Utah Yeti would be great. I assume they'd nail the branding. In a league with team names like Kraken, Wild and Lightning, it's fine. 

My second choice is Mammoth. It sounds cool, and the branding could be really strong with a creature like that.

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 5/3/2024 at 9:08 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Utah Harriers is a great name is they went down that route. 

We're going to end up with something dumb, aren't we? 

Yes we will, yes we will....sigh

• Like 1

Mammoths might be my first choice, but only if it's plural.

If it's singular, I can at least talk myself into "Yeti" being collective noun, like "Moose."

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GFB said:

Mammoths might be my first choice, but only if it's plural.

If it's singular, I can at least talk myself into "Yeti" being collective noun, like "Moose."

spacer.png

• WOAH 1

Really no clues from their website whatsoever.  In fact, they really don't have a website yet. The Coyotes are still listed on the NHL site and this NHL to in Utah website is just a Squarespace placeholder 

spacer.png

As generic and non-descript as that graphic is, it still manages to give off Avalanche vibes.  Reminds me of a poster from the 90's that had Sakic, Roy and Forsberg superimposed in front of a similar mountain backdrop.

49 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I'm specifically talking about the singular version of all these proposed names.

However, this is a league of Maple Leafs so who cares at the end of the day if it's grammatically correct.

11 minutes ago, GFB said:

I'm specifically talking about the singular version of all these proposed names.

However, this is a league of Maple Leafs so who cares at the end of the day if it's grammatically correct.

Go Leaves Go

• LOL 1

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012