2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Getting back on track, all new Texans combinations, via GUD

GMQjqOFXIAAMG41?format=jpg&name=large

GMQjrU3XMAAKJfm?format=jpg&name=large
GMQjsDqWQAA5JGb?format=jpg&name=large

GMQjspbXMAAjrvO?format=png&name=900x900

If they match the socks to the thickest part of the pants stripe (unlikely to happen every time), they've got some really good looks going here

• Like 11

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

On 4/29/2024 at 11:35 AM, DCarp1231 said:

It’s gonna be brown, isn’t it?

GMVtC0JXEAEGKZj?format=jpg&name=medium

The only way I'd be okay with a brown helmet is if they introduce an orange alt. Because all-orange from head-to-toe would be way too much. As would all-brown.

Brown/orange/orange and brown/orange/white would definitely soften the blow. 

• Like 1

Essentially do an inverse of those "poop" alts where its orange with white #'s outlined in brown with orange pants to pair it with the Brown helmet if you wanna do that.

28 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Essentially do an inverse of those "poop" alts where its orange with white #'s outlined in brown with orange pants to pair it with the Brown helmet if you wanna do that.

And then brown socks. Bookend look. 

On 4/27/2024 at 7:47 AM, Echo said:

Yeah, but the front has the 5280 on it, so they get ya coming and going.

Why does it have 5280? Does that number have any significance to the city of Denver?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know Denver's official altitude? I know its probably never been discussed before, but I sure wish cities would spam their official distance from sea level at every possible opportunity so we never forget how thin the air is there. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 2

6 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Why does it have 5280? Does that number have any significance to the city of Denver?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know Denver's official altitude? I know its probably never been discussed before, but I sure wish cities would spam their official distance from sea level at every possible opportunity so we never forget how thin the air is there. 

Well Denver better hope that neither Albuquerque nor especially Santa Fe ever get a top-pro basketball or football team then, because both of them have Denver beat in the altitude game...

Spoiler

Albuquerque: 5,312 ft.

Santa Fe: 6,998 ft.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

You serious Clark? - YouTube

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

56 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Well Denver better hope that neither Albuquerque nor especially Santa Fe ever get a top-pro basketball or football team then, because both of them have Denver beat in the altitude game...

Hide contents

Albuquerque: 5,312 ft.

Santa Fe: 6,998 ft.

Mexico City is 7,350 ft above sea level, and they've actually hosted NFL games!

• Like 2

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Mexico City is 7,350 ft above sea level, and they've actually hosted NFL games!

I wonder if the Broncos have an advantage or disadvantage if they play in the Mexico City game. They already play at altitude, but they've never had to adapt to playing higher above sea level. Altitude masks can only simulate so much.

23 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I wonder if the Broncos have an advantage or disadvantage if they play in the Mexico City game. They already play at altitude, but they've never had to adapt to playing higher above sea level. Altitude masks can only simulate so much.

As a Denver native, I can tell you that I have gotten altitude sickness going a few thousand feet up into the mountains on hikes and camping trips. For me, it acclimation to the thinner air.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I read @Chromatic's post as a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic response regarding Denver's (or pehaps Nike's) need to continuously push this 5280 thing as a sub-brand or something, as if its like this big huge deal. The City of Denver doesn't even do that! My point in responding is that at least one other semi-large US city has a higher altitude--but it doesn't brand itself by it! (At least not yet; we'll see what the Lobos do in the coming years.)

@Chromatic if I read your post wrong, feel free to correct my interpretation.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I feel like the whole reason 5280 is such a big deal because it's exactly one mile above sea level. Sure, some cities are higher, but none are perfect like Denver.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, sky1324 said:

I feel like the whole reason 5280 is such a big deal because it's exactly one mile above sea level. Sure, some cities are higher, but none are perfect like Denver.

Except that almost nowhere in Denver is actually 5280 feet. But I guess "5280 feet at the 13th step of city hall and maybe the 4th highest row at Coors Field, they won't actually let us survey it" doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Like 7

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

More football in the regular season? Yes please. Fewer pre-season games? Yes please. More byes? No thanks.

I seriously doubt I'm the only one who thinks this.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

54 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

More football in the regular season? Yes please. Fewer pre-season games? Yes please. More byes? No thanks.

I seriously doubt I'm the only one who thinks this.

You had me, then you lost me

51 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

More football in the regular season?

I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I could be mistaken..  I'm sure people complained when it went from 14 to 16, just like some (including me) pushed back on 16 to 17 and 17 to 18.

Going from 16 to 18 is the same as MLB going from 162 to 182, or NBA going from 84 to 95.  That's not insignificant.

I want every game to be relatively critical (which the extra playoff team has also affected) and for players to have a chance to be not be broken down by the grind.  If you're a WC team, then you're potentially playing 22 games in 24 weeks.  That's a lot of football.  Too much, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."