FSU black jersey

tron1013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Survival, is that an official graphic, or a template you made up?

It does a great job of showing how the uni's look when cut for field use, whereas the Wheeler template does a great job of showing how replica uni's would appear on fans. I wonder if concepts that are actually reviewed by teams would include mock ups on both templates?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unveiled statues boost pre-game pride

Officials also reveal black uniforms honoring tribe

Originally published October 21, 2006

By Gerald Ensley

DEMOCRAT SENIOR WRITER

The all-black uniforms were modeled by FSU linebacker Buster Davis. The black jerseys are mostly mesh. The black pants are inscribed in garnet with "Seminoles" down one leg and "Unconquered" down the other. The outfit includes gold and black shoes, with "Unconquered" written in garnet on each shoe's Velcro strap.

The uniform was created by Nike, which supplies all FSU uniforms, in consultation with the Seminole tribe. Dave Hart, FSU athletic director, said the uniform was originally intended for one-time use but is so popular with players that it will be worn once a season.

Kit Morris, Nike vice president, said black was chosen because it's one of the colors of the Seminole flag. Osceola said all four colors in the flag - black, white, red and yellow - have multiple levels of significance to the tribe. She said FSU's black uniforms can be viewed as representing "the undying effort to win."

"This is the best uniform since I've been here," fifth-year senior Davis said, before turning to Morris. "Y'all did a good job for Oregon (which has black and green uniforms). But Oregon can't touch this."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Just saw the uniforms on ABC as they showed FSU players warming up to show what game was on next and I gotta say, they look pretty damn nice!

I also saw them warming up and I was unimpressed. I did not get a great look, but it looks like any any other black jersey/pants on a team whoes colors do not include black. The only story here is the word "unconquered" on the leg. Without that, you really have a whole lotta nothing (and even that is pretty underwhelming).

Instead of printing "UNCONQUERED" on one of the pants' legs, these pieces of offal should have been branded with a word more apropos of this uniform design itself: "UNBEARABLE", "UNDESIRABLE", "UNEXCEPTIONAL", "UNFORTUNATE", "UNINSPIRED", "UNINTERESTING", "UNNECESSARY", "UNSIGHTLY", "UNSUITABLE", "UNTENABLE", "UNWARRANTED" or "UNWISE" would all have been better - and far more accurate - choices.

Yikes, take the 'Seminoles' and 'Unconquered' off the pants and FSU would look like a high school team. With all the crazy and unnecessary changes Nike has been making, I can only hope Oklahoma State doesn't go from looking like this:

normal.jpg

to this:

nikecowboys.jpg

Yikes, take the 'Seminoles' and 'Unconquered' off the pants and FSU would look like a high school team. With all the crazy and unnecessary changes Nike has been making, I can only hope Oklahoma State doesn't go from looking like this:

normal.jpg

to this:

nikecowboys.jpg

I just need to ask a question, not defending Nike: whats wrong with pushing the boundaries of what we think football and sports unifroms should be? It seems like the majority of the opinions on these forums are stuck in a "golden era." I agree that tradition is fine, but what Nike does year in and year out is good for sports unis/logos as a whole.

I just need to ask a question, not defending Nike: whats wrong with pushing the boundaries of what we think football and sports unifroms should be? It seems like the majority of the opinions on these forums are stuck in a "golden era." I agree that tradition is fine, but what Nike does year in and year out is good for sports unis/logos as a whole.

Hey! We'll have none of this deviation from the groupthink here! :P

For the record, they're a bit "meh" and the "Unconquered" should be replaced with "unable to mount any sort of opposition" ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived