The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

For the record...the Rams wore gold pants today.

*goes back to celebrating*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...other than Big Blue going "Big Cherry" on us today...any other interesting lil' uniform anecdotes going on today?

Right now I'm watching Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh (and the Browns is gettin' up in them Steelers' arses). And let me tell you...these "eroding" sleeve stripes are beyond ridiculous. From a uniform perspective, this might be the best-looking game today. But still...these eroding sleeve stripes (due to the cuts of the jerseys + eroding sleeves)...it's getting to be just unbeareable to the eyes.

But anyway...what else is going on in the uniform world of the NFL today???

Arizona in all red. Disgusting.

Odd point of contention for the Panthers: why is it that the Panthers don't ever wear their silver pants with their white jerseys? I can't recall them ever having done that once since 1995. Just something I've always been curious about.

The Panthers uniform combos are all screwed up.

The Panthers should wear the following combos (they would look much better).

HOME:

Black jerseys

Grey pants

Black socks

(No change).

ROAD:

White jerseys

Grey pants

Black socks

(get rid of the whimpy light blue socks with the white jersey and white pants; its a soft look)

ALTERNATES:

Light blue jersey's

White pants

Light blue socks

(the white pants and light blue socks are used only with the alternates; would give them a UNC-esque look)

Carolina's actually wearing their home uniform...which means that the Falcons are wearing their road uniforms, with black pants. My favorite look for the Falcons, oddly.

Odd point of contention for the Panthers: why is it that the Panthers don't ever wear their silver pants with their white jerseys? I can't recall them ever having done that once since 1995. Just something I've always been curious about.

Funny you say that....I was thinking that too.

I actually like the all white look for some reason. What I wish they'd do is lose the black jerseys and wear the light blue ones with white pants instead. I think that look would suit them much better.

Carolina's actually wearing their home uniform...which means that the Falcons are wearing their road uniforms, with black pants. My favorite look for the Falcons, oddly.

Funny you say that....I was thinking that too.

I actually like the all white look for some reason. What I wish they'd do is lose the black jerseys and wear the light blue ones with white pants instead. I think that look would suit them much better.

The Panthers actually did wear silver pants with the white jerseys ONCE...in the final game of 1998 at Indianapolis. Not sure why they haven't since. I'd like to see them break out some black pants to wear with the white jerseys.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Panthers actually did wear silver pants with the white jerseys ONCE...in the final game of 1998 at Indianapolis. Not sure why they haven't since. I'd like to see them break out some black pants to wear with the white jerseys.

I owned a Mark Carrier Starting Lineup Figurine and it shows him in a white Panthers jersey with Black Pants. Here is a pic...

2856_1.JPG

Here is a Kevin Greene one too...

5965_1.JPG

I don't know if the original plan was to go with black pants, but for some reason they never made it onto the field...

Interesting about the panthers up there. I think black pants would go a long way to make their road uniforms look way less sissified.

My rant this week goes to the bengals who have seemed to stop wearing their orange socks with the black pants alltogether. The only time they wear them now is with the orange jersey and white pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Given the fact that the Skins are in Dallas on Sunday, I'm praying that the Cowgirls don't wear this sad excuse for a uniform:

romo_0.jpg

and wear white so the Redskins can wear this totally awesome uniform:

PH2006051300791.jpg

so i won't have to see those boring white Redskins jerseys

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

The Cardinals are wearing their red pants with the white jersey this week. It's no wonder we've only seen these red pants a handful of times, they look terrible and with the white jersey they look even worse than they do with the red jersey. Not to mention the red socks they're wearing with them. Pictures to come.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Cardinals are wearing their red pants with the white jersey this week. It's no wonder we've only seen these red pants a handful of times, they look terrible and with the white jersey they look even worse than they do with the red jersey. Not to mention the red socks they're wearing with them. Pictures to come.

Aren't they "The Cardinals"???

Look fine to me.

Dallas won't wear the throwbacks until Thursday. Also, it's the best damn throwback in the NFL right now next to the 49ers. Everytime I see that Dallas throwback, I feel all warm inside.

I think what's gonna happen is what happened in 2003 when it was Skins/Boys. Both teams wore their colored throwbacks (alternate in Dallas' case). So basically Dallas will wear the throwback and so will the Jets.

There's also an away version of that throwback which never made it to the field, so maybe we'll see that.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived