Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I couldn't agree more with anyone who says Namath is among the most overrated of all time.

That being said, he's still Broadway Joe.

He legitimized the AFL in the eyes of America. It's on the short list of greatest upsets of all time. Jets 16 Colts 7.

That's the kind of thing legends are made of...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Nolan Ryan as anything except a Astros uniform. Esp. seeing him retire as a Ranger. Freakin' Dallas.

AAEJ016~Nolan-Ryan-Mets-Hand-in-glove-Posters.jpg

26%20Nolan%20Ryan.jpg

farewelltoalegend.jpg

Wrong. Dead wrong. Ryan had 4 out of his 7 no-hitters with the Angels, in 8 years. I'd hardly consider that as being in the wrong uniform... unless those Astros rainbow uniforms burned the image in your retinas.

VmWIn6B.png

And that's the funny thing, isn't it? I sat in the stands and saw Hank Aaron at the plate wearing Brewer blue and gold, so that's how I'll always think of him. Depends on your perspective.

Back to Favre photoshop jobs, Sporting News put up these covers for those who like their video games to be au courant. Print 'em up and apply to your snap case:

93957.jpg

93956.jpg

Joe DiMaggio wearing an Oakland A's uniform...I know he didn't play for them and was just a coach, but still weird to see him in a uniform that isn't a Yankees uniform.

1491_1.JPG

Reggie Jackson and Joe DiMaggio

e6d2_1.JPG

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

True, but Ryan is really involved with the Astros organization. He consults with pitchers, owns the AAA Round Rock Express & the AA Corpus Christi Hooks, the Nolan Ryan Expressway is nearby, and he sponsers the radio broadcast with his "Nolan Ryan's Tender Aged Beef" (man, that always gets me to giggle).

To me, the man's an Astro. I'll forgive him for two-timing us with that city that shall not be named.

And that's the funny thing, isn't it? I sat in the stands and saw Hank Aaron at the plate wearing Brewer blue and gold, so that's how I'll always think of him. Depends on your perspective.

Back to Favre photoshop jobs, Sporting News put up these covers for those who like their video games to be au courant. Print 'em up and apply to your snap case:

93957.jpg

93956.jpg

Is that honestly the best photoshop job that the Sporting News can do? That couldn't have taken them more than a minute...

True, but Ryan is really involved with the Astros organization. He consults with pitchers, owns the AAA Round Rock Express & the AA Corpus Christi Hooks, the Nolan Ryan Expressway is nearby, and he sponsers the radio broadcast with his "Nolan Ryan's Tender Aged Beef" (man, that always gets me to giggle).

To me, the man's an Astro. I'll forgive him for two-timing us with that city that shall not be named.

If he is so involved with the Astros then why is he the Rangers President?

I found another that decided to have a go at this topic. Plenty already mentioned, but it's always fun to get the perspective of those outside this fine community.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/08/07/top-...ering-uniforms/

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Nolan Ryan as anything except a Astros uniform. Esp. seeing him retire as a Ranger. Freakin' Dallas.

AAEJ016~Nolan-Ryan-Mets-Hand-in-glove-Posters.jpg

26%20Nolan%20Ryan.jpg

farewelltoalegend.jpg

Wrong. Dead wrong. Ryan had 4 out of his 7 no-hitters with the Angels, in 8 years. I'd hardly consider that as being in the wrong uniform... unless those Astros rainbow uniforms burned the image in your retinas.

I might be the only one, but I'm not really sure I can say Nolan belongs to any one team since he's had some pretty stellar performances at them all. He should have a white jersey and wear the logos of the teams like military medals.

I found another that decided to have a go at this topic. Plenty already mentioned, but it's always fun to get the perspective of those outside this fine community.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/08/07/top-...ering-uniforms/

That's actually really well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."