Sports Logos in Edible Mediums

Roger Clemente

In Canada here, they sell Chef Boyardee NHL Pasta. Rudimentary shapes of the six Canadian NHL team logos (three per can, Eastern Conference and Western Conference), plue the NHL logo itself.

nhlpasta.png

It also made me remember those NHL Oreos they had before the lockout with the logos of the six Canadian teams on one side of the cookie and the NHL logo on the other side. And it makes me curious about other edible sports logos reproductions. What other ones exist now or did before?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I tried to find picture or video proof, but I can only find the "NBA Champions" bars from '92. I'm almost positive the team logos came after this. Hopefulyl somebody else remembers.

Not just you, Wilson - I remember those as well. Mmmmmm Crunch Bars.

nhlpasta.png

1. The old Sens logo? Really, Chef Boyardee, you're starting to make me question your commitment to a quality product.

2. I wonder how many people were confused when they opened the can and found both the old and new NHL logo inside.

There was a fund raiser at my brother's school in which they are selling college logo pasta (salad) in the team's colors.

So we have Orange Power-T pasta and Light Blue NC pasta. They just cheaped out on the Illinois one though. Just a UI put together. I'll take pictures later.

EDIT: This isn't ours, but you get the idea.

pasta%20North-Carolina-web.jpg

You can buy them online!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

nhlpasta.png

1. The old Sens logo? Really, Chef Boyardee, you're starting to make me question your commitment to a quality product.

2. I wonder how many people were confused when they opened the can and found both the old and new NHL logo inside.

Clever sir, very clever... :D

CIDesignSig.png

Quite a few years back (around 1992 or so) the grocery store I shopped at had boxes of these shortbread/sugar cookies in the shape of football helmets, each with different NFL team logos imprinted on them. They were made by a national firm.

This led to many goofy instance such as:

"MMMmm, I'm eating up the Green Bay Packers!!!.... mmm, I'm devouring the head of Brett Favre!!!"

And I remember the LSU Tiger pasta being sold around here back in the mid 90s, but it only came in white, so we had to add tiny slivers of purple cabbbage and yellow bell peppers to the cramy white mayo sauce......

It is what it is.

I laughed when I saw this - not because I thought it was stupid, but because I just hought it was pretty funny. Do they have any TV ads on these?

I just thought this up in my head:

5-yr old girl: I got a Senators one!

5-yr old boy: Oh cool! Maple Leafs!

Dad: My spoon has all the canadian teams! And I got the Canucks twice!

All: COOL!

Commercial announcer: It's Chef Boyardee NHL Pasta! Fun for all ages! Grab a bite!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

It's not quite an edible medium, but I remember as a kid collecting a ton of the baseball cards that were on the back of Drakes coffee cakes or the ones that came in the Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit packages. I still remember that none of the cards had the actual team logos on them, but rather would show the player in a blank hat/helmet in order to avoid paying for the MLB licensing rights.

just found these with a quick google search. Raiders Donuts , and its not really that crazy but i know a lot of kids got sports logos printed on their birthday cakes back when people were first realizing they could print whatever they wanted on cakes, that was fun.

ICS, I remember sandwich cookies that had NL logos on the vanilla side, and AL logos on the chocolate side (could have been vice-versa). Are those the ones you remember? I think they were made by the Mothers Cookie company.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

It's not quite an edible medium, but I remember as a kid collecting a ton of the baseball cards that were on the back of Drakes coffee cakes or the ones that came in the Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit packages. I still remember that none of the cards had the actual team logos on them, but rather would show the player in a blank hat/helmet in order to avoid paying for the MLB licensing rights.

Haha, I remember those! I had Ryan Sandberg and Mark McGuire.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

When I was a kid, I always wanted one of these:

1.jpg

When I finally saw WWF live at eight years old, I didn't see the ice cream for sale!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ICS, I remember sandwich cookies that had NL logos on the vanilla side, and AL logos on the chocolate side (could have been vice-versa). Are those the ones you remember? I think they were made by the Mothers Cookie company.

Yep, I remember those very cookies. They were fantastic.

VmWIn6B.png

Yep, I remember those very cookies. They were fantastic.

Yes, those were them, the Mother's cookies. I believe they were in the early '90s because I specifically remember the Giants logo on them being the three dimensional bold typeface.

Also, I remember drawing a 49ers logo with icing on a cake about 13 years ago for a Super Bowl party. Does that count? :P

This, along with the WWF bar, might be outside the original thought of the thread, but what the hell.

Anyone else have these guys? I sure did:

250px-FlutieFlakes1.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

When I was a kid, I always wanted one of these:

1.jpg

When I finally saw WWF live at eight years old, I didn't see the ice cream for sale!

I was gonna post this one. They were delicious. I wish they still made them. Pound for scrumptious pound, the best sports entertainment ice cream bar ever produced.

Archived