Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

Finally maybe those in Boston can go back to being miserable. Not that I like NY but I am tired of hearing how great the Pats are, how Sox suffered etc. Boston and NY has won more then their fair share of Championships, but maybe this will bring back some of the old MISERABLE BOSTONIAN FLAVOR to the sports world again.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, as a big Dolphins fan, I'm happy to see the Pats lose.

But that was one hell of a win by the Giants. Eli showed a ton of heart on the winning drive.

I think the reason why more people are hating on the Pats more than anything are that they're far from a classy team, and I think that's making people sick of them winning.

But what do I know... this was only the 2nd game all season for me to cheer about. (Dolphins vs Ravens)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Finally maybe those in Boston can go back to being miserable. Not that I like NY but I am tired of hearing how great the Pats are, how Sox suffered etc. Boston and NY has won more then their fair share of Championships, but maybe this will bring back some of the old MISERABLE BOSTONIAN FLAVOR to the sports world again.

God, this is the kind of crap I hate. Hating a team, their fans, and the city just because their teams are successful. Why not hate on your own team for once for not being able to take the steps to win their own championships? Spygate aside, the Pats and Red Sox have done great because the people in the organizations know what it takes to win, and go out there and get the players and coaches that it takes to win a championship.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Will it calm the haters down if I tell you that I think Montana is the best ever? I do. I think he's 1,000,000 times better than Brady has shown he can be.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

God, there goes Tank and his Dolphin-gasm....

I say let him have it. He went through the Great Collapse of 2007, and he went through 1-15. Let him have his moment with the only undefeated Super Bowl champions in NFL history. :P

I used to be sick of the '72 Dolphins and their little annual champagne parties, but seeing how hard it was for the Pats to make their run and STILL fall short of perfection, and realizing how important actually witnessing the process is to fully grasping its magnitude, I gained a far greater appreciation and level of respect for what the 'Phins accomplished, and an understanding as to why they take their record so seriously and hold on to it so hard.

Drink up, geezers. You certainly earned it.

I used to be sick of the '72 Dolphins and their little annual champagne parties, but seeing how hard it was for the Pats to make their run and STILL fall short of perfection, and realizing how important actually witnessing the process is to fully grasping its magnitude, I gained a far greater appreciation and level of respect for what the 'Phins accomplished, and an understanding as to why they take their record so seriously and hold on to it so hard.

Drink up, geezers. You certainly earned it.

Word, Waffles. Word. I really liked that Reebok "Perfectville" commercial. I still want to see the version they would have played had New England won.

Cheer up, Patsies fans, some of these geezers have to start kicking the bucket at some point. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, the Giants did deserve this win; however, I really wanted to see 19-0. I do believe that anyone who thinks the Patriots are done or that their dynasty will colapse is crazy though. They will be a serious threat for the Super Bowl next year too, maybe not at 16-0, but they will be a threat.

Patriots came out to "Crazy Train"...the oddest choice I've heard since the Seahawks came out to "Bittersweet Symphony". That's no way to start a game.

The Giants? They came out to "Stronger". Seems fitting for the self-proclaimed (and rightly so) "Road Warriors".

So...I changed up the lyrics to the first verse and wrote it from the view of a longtime Giants fan even though I'm mostly a Bucs and Chargers fan. This ones for you New York:

Should?ve lost tonight

Should?ve been like Randy Moss tonight

Instead they showed up and were the boss tonight.

Didn?t give a :censored: the Pats were perfect, right?

Awesome, Manning to Burress for the score

Damn they don't make 'em like this anymore

I ask, cause I'm not sure

Do anybody see that damn final score?

Bow in the presence of greatness

Cause though you all had forsaken us

And we?re not impressed by your lateness

You can still enjoy the show, bask with us in this

So go ahead go nuts, go ape :censored:

Especially in your new blue and red :censored:

Act like you been here since ?86

Even without a pick six...we?ll take this...haters

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I wouldn't call the Pats chokers.

I would. As said by someone on the earlier post, they were the undefeated team playing a Wild Card team. They were expected to win. They lost. They have only themselves to blame. As much as the Giants won, the Patriots lost. Yeah, 16-0 in tthe regular season is spectacular, but they did not take home the Lombardi Trophy. And in the end, that's all that matters. So congratulations Dolphins, your status as the only perfect team in NFL history is intact for yet another year.

[God, this is the kind of crap I hate. Hating a team, their fans, and the city just because their teams are successful. Why not hate on your own team for once for not being able to take the steps to win their own championships? Spygate aside, the Pats and Red Sox have done great because the people in the organizations know what it takes to win, and go out there and get the players and coaches that it takes to win a championship.

Finally, someone with a rational statement

Well, the Giants did deserve this win; however, I really wanted to see 19-0. I do believe that anyone who thinks the Patriots are done or that their dynasty will colapse is crazy though. They will be a serious threat for the Super Bowl next year too, maybe not at 16-0, but they will be a threat.

No offense, but I don't think a team that lost the Super Bowl, has gone back to win it the following year. I also believe your over looking the fact that the Patriots are 18-1. How is it going to affect thier losing the largest game of the year after working so hard to get into the Super Bowl undefeated? I think they'll be a good team next year, but no where near as good as they were this year.

Bengalssuck.jpg

This really wasn't a huge upset other than in the eyes of oddsmakers and those who drank the media's "perfection" Kool-Aid. They made this out to be more one-sided than it was. After a 3-point win over the Giants to end the season, looking very beatable against the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants, and coming nowhere close to covering the spread in the playoffs, the oddsmakers make the Patriots 12-point favorites? Makes no sense. Plus the pressure on New England - 18-0 means nothing if you lose the last one, and they had to be thinking about that.

I'm surprised by those who say it wasn't a fun game or great game to watch. Are you kidding me? Congrats to the Giants and their fans. They earned that trophy.

Ever notice how I can always take an event and relate it to the frustration of being a Saints fan? Yeah, me too. Anyway, the G-men won at Tampa Bay, at Dallas, and at Green Bay to get to the Super Bowl. So how did the Saints, who in '06 beat Tampa Bay twice, beat Green Bay at Lambeau, and absolutely demolished both the Cowboys in Dallas and the Giants at the Meadowlands, go 7-9 this year? :cursing:

Oh well. All these years have left me with sage advice for Patriots fans. We Saints fans have this saying, and after 40 years experience with it, we know it's true: "There's always next year." B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Nobody's talked about how the Red Sox have suffered, they've won two championships since 3 years, people know they're not suffering.

Damn right those teams are the best. There is no miserable flavor going on when you have the best team in the NFL. They're obviously not the champions, but when you lose only one game, you're still the team to beat in the NFL.

Nobody's talked about how the Red Sox have suffered, they've won two championships since 3 years, people know they're not suffering.

Damn right those teams are the best. There is no miserable flavor going on when you have the best team in the NFL. They're obviously not the champions, but when you lose only one game, you're still the team to beat in the NFL.

nope, the team to beat is the Super Bowl XLII Champions New York Giants. See this is why people have such hatred towards some Boston fans, you lost, get over yourselves and admit the Giants were the better team when it counted the most.

nope, the team to beat is the Super Bowl XLII Champions New York Giants. See this is why people have such hatred towards some Boston fans, you lost, get over yourselves and admit the Giants were the better team when it counted the most.

They were. No doubt, they won that game yesterday and the should have. But that was one game.

But I'd still take the Pats over the Giants if they were to play again next week, and the week after, for that matter. Would you?

Lets not sugarcoat this... The Pats season is a failure, You are not the team to beat when you dont win a championship. Thats why through out this season people was still say the Colts are the team to beat while the Pats were going undefeated.

If you ask Tom Brady which would he rather be.... "The best team in the NFL without a ring" or "A six lost team with a ring" I think its obvious what he would say.

Yes this kills Boston now.... but come this summer Boston will celebrate with a Celtics Championship, but right now, give props, it NY's time. And we're celebrating!!!

Archived