2008 MLB changes in action

Krona

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were saying on the Cubs broadcast Sunday that pitchers get to pick the jerseys and noted that Zambrano loves the blue jersey, as we noted when they last wore it regularly. So, look for it at least every 5th Cubs game.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Anyone else notice that teams haven't been wearing alts all that much the first week?

I imagine that will change as the season moves on but it's been refreshing to see alts as alts.

Well I'm watching the Jays wearing their fugly black alts for the third time in a row. Very hard to tell them apart from Oakland as I watch the game. Is there a reason they have to wear this jersey every bloody game? It's not like they have a shortage of unis to pick from.

zzPEfBm.png

Anyone else notice that teams haven't been wearing alts all that much the first week?

I imagine that will change as the season moves on but it's been refreshing to see alts as alts.

The Astros have wore their red alt exclusively on the road so far. With Uncle Drayton's liking to the red alts. look for them to keep wearing them on the road almost exclusively.

The White Sox have worn black for all but one game. They wore black the first two games, lost, and then switched to gray. They won, but inexplicably switched back to black, and ran their winning streak to 5. I love the black White Sox jerseys, but considering a) their home and road are both among the best in the game, and B) they wear them too damn much, I want to see them less. They had it right when they added the black unis - they only wore them for Sunday games at home (I don't know how often on the road). I hope they go back to that.

Also, I think MLB needs to institute a rule that only one team can wear a team color alternate per game. Seeing green going against royal blue, or even worse, two teams wearing the same color, is inexcusable.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, apparently, having the same color worn by two teams raised a few eyebrows at MLB. In an article linked to on Uni Watch earlier this week, the Indians' equipment manager explained that they couldn't wear their navy alts against Oakland on the day they intended. The A's decided to go with their black alt that day, and apparently, there's now a rule in place that bans similar-color matchups (blue-on-blue, black-on-blue, red-on-brick, etc.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was very disappointed to see alt vs alt when I walked into the Rogers Centre tonight... black jays vs green a's was not pleasing on the eyes (I'm just glad the A's didn't break out the black alt as well)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I was very disappointed to see alt vs alt when I walked into the Rogers Centre tonight... black jays vs green a's was not pleasing on the eyes (I'm just glad the A's didn't break out the black alt as well)

Maybe the white jerseys would have made our pitching better... <_<

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It seems like every team is wearing the CoolBase exclusively. Is anyone NOT wearing it? I'm convinced that the regular double knits just aren;t gonna be used this season.

On a related note, I hate the way the CoolBase looks close-up, in photos and in HD broadcasts. The fabric texture makes it look like burlap, or a BP mesh jersey. Amateurish.

I haven't seen these jackets before:

capt.1166bf828c89442eb9691a83519d1c75.yankees_jeter_baseball__mocr101.jpg

Does every team have road jackets?

I notices Toronto had a gray variation (stripes) when they played at NY that I thought might be a road version, but it is the only option that they have at the MLB shop. I really like the Yankees "road" jacket.

I found one person selling the Yankees road jacket on ebay.

It seems like every team is wearing the CoolBase exclusively. Is anyone NOT wearing it? I'm convinced that the regular double knits just aren;t gonna be used this season.

On a related note, I hate the way the CoolBase looks close-up, in photos and in HD broadcasts. The fabric texture makes it look like burlap, or a BP mesh jersey. Amateurish.

Off the top of my head, the Yanks have no COOL BASE jerseys (neither home nor road). All of the Astros home jerseys are double-knit (pinstripes, white, brick), and they'll wear all of them this week. The Rays home jerseys, the Angels atls, the Giants homes, the Red Sox homes, the Tigers roads all look like they are normal doubleknit as well.

I agree it seems like most of the teams are wearing COOL BASE this year, because a bbbbbunch of teams are now wearing the grey versions (Mets being the first last week). The material may not look good in HD, but it is super comfortable.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I haven't seen these jackets before:

capt.1166bf828c89442eb9691a83519d1c75.yankees_jeter_baseball__mocr101.jpg

Does every team have road jackets?

I really like the 2008 Majestic jackets for each team. They aren't perfect but they're a huge improvement over stuff from the previous few seasons. But does anyone know why the Angels are apparently the only team that doesn't have them?

I haven't been able to find an Angels version online to buy and Scioscia and the rest of the coaches are wearing last year's stuff? What gives?

Archived