SOX

cyandlux

It is rather phallic, and I an not digging the text placement, nor the inconsistent shadowing. The light is coming from the top for the ball, but from the left for the sock. And I don't understand the wing shadow at all. BUT it was very neatly crafted. Only a few minor tweaks to make it spot on.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Test on the sides of a circle just doesn't work (at lease IMO.)

The sock is in a bad position (45 degree downward slant.)

Agree with comments about shadowing.

Maybe either re-do the sock, or rotate the whole logo a little bit clockwise (and flip the White Sox text.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

rotate the whole logo a little bit clockwise (and flip the White Sox text.)

Exactly. This looks really great but it looks like it's sideways. BBTV's suggestion would make it much better I think.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

rotate the whole logo a little bit clockwise (and flip the White Sox text.)

Exactly. This looks really great but it looks like it's sideways. BBTV's suggestion would make it much better I think.

I agree also. However, I would rework the toe area because once rotated, it will look *really* phallic. If you could do that, and make the shadows a little more uniform, it'll look sweeter than a blue eyed prom queen.

-LT

Wow, that's really nice.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

love seeing a rendition of the flying sock- and this is great.

I have a mild issue with the wing- it's as if there's a subtle m in there when I look at it.

I'd also recommend more angular lines at the heel and toe of the sock- to deal with the phallic- issue and also to better represent a sock.

I like this... classic yet updated. Well done.

I agree with the comments on the angle of the logo...

I personally think they should add red to the current design kinda like what the had circa 1951. I would like to see the black/red/silver color combo on the design presented in this thread...

uniforms51.jpg

FF_120873_s.jpg

and this coming from a cubs fan...

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Ok, I know this is the 14 year old in me talking but the base of the sock logo looks kind of phallic...

I was going to say the same thing, but at the risk of being called perverted or childish I decided not to. So I'm glad you called that one before me.

I think it real neat design you have post on this board,white sox really need new logo for their team,could you post cap version of it ?

The schools have failed you.

I dunno what you mean by "overdue" redesign, but I digress.....

The sock's at kinda a weird angle, and it could use a more original typeface than the Reds'. Also, the shadow on the wing looks awkward. And I agree that the type should be top and bottom, not on the sides. You gonna make unis?

Archived