Arena Rafters & Banners

Neat Topic...

How many times are you going to post the exact same non-contibuting two word response?

Sorry, I'm not able to get to many sporting events. This forum is the only way I get to see such things...

:blink:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Neat Topic...

How many times are you going to post the exact same non-contibuting two word response?

Sorry, I'm not able to get to many sporting events. This forum is the only way I get to see such things...

http://images.google.com/

Also, just bookmark the thread.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How is him typing "Neat topic" any different than all of you Massengills who think that posting "IBTL" is somehow still funny or makes you look smart?

He posted it three times in the same thread.

Four, actually. 3 were just outrageous bouts of pointless thread necromancy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 9 months later...
Toronto Blue Jays Banners

20070930_30sept07_51.jpg

28may07_41.jpg

Why don't the Blue Jays have an AL East Champs and AL Champs Banners for the years they won the World Series? Don't most teams have the banners for their division championships and League/Conference championships even when they win the Big Title?

During the 1993 season, the Jays had a 1992 AL Champs banner that was light blue.

Toronto Blue Jays Banners

20070930_30sept07_51.jpg

28may07_41.jpg

Why don't the Blue Jays have an AL East Champs and AL Champs Banners for the years they won the World Series? Don't most teams have the banners for their division championships and League/Conference championships even when they win the Big Title?

During the 1993 season, the Jays had a 1992 AL Champs banner that was light blue.

Most teams I can think of off the top of my head go with the highest title won. I know the Braves have a Ring with all those years winning the East in one color, NL champs is in another color, and World Champs in yet another. I know the Mets go with the highest title won (you know, when they actually do win something once every decade or so)...

...of course they can put banners up for 2007, 08, and 09 like so:

unknown.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I never understood why the retired Ray Bourques number. He only played 84 games there. I find it funny that they kept their jerseys pattern from their old jerseys for the banner instead of the new ones. Maybe they realized how bad it would look.