2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

Sharks-Alternate-Logos.jpg

Again, this is my OWN concept - not official.

The full shark logo looks freaking awesome on the front. Too bad it sounds like they'll be using the other one....

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the replicas, 2 or 3 of them are the 7185 style and either 1 or 2 of them are the old 550 style.

I find it weird the NHL is allowing them to use the old 550 style.

Me too, even old designs have always been transferred onto the new EDGE template, ever since it became used.

Also, I'm wondering if we'll see the return of THIS for a game or two.

Here are the bolts and sens...

boltsthird.jpg

Sens_third.jpg

Yawn. <_<

I like how Tampa Bay will have a blue jersey again, but those two jerseys are incredibly boring (if they actually are the new 3rds). I don't care for "BOLTS" and "SENS" on the jerseys either. What's next, "AVS" on Colorado's jersey? :-X

if this is a preview of what they look like, then both teams need to be ashamed of themselves for putting out a lazy alternate jersey. THis is lazier than Patsox's and Jake22's concepts, at least a degree of effort was put in to them, this however looks down right lazy. if this was any of our concepts it would be shredded like Patsox's and Jakes concepts were.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

What's next, "AVS" on Colorado's jersey? :-X

Jerseys aside, that very nickname has irritated me from the start. If you're going to give your team a singular name like "Avalanche", it makes no sense to pluralize when you shorten it. What their calling them is short for "Avalanches", and that's just stupid.

(I thought for a second after posting that I might be a hypocrite for sometimes calling my fantasy teams "the Proles"--before I remembered that I lifted the phrase from "1984".)

For the replicas, 2 or 3 of them are the 7185 style and either 1 or 2 of them are the old 550 style.

I find it weird the NHL is allowing them to use the old 550 style.

Me too, even old designs have always been transferred onto the new EDGE template, ever since it became used.

Also, I'm wondering if we'll see the return of THIS for a game or two.

Sadly that isn't on the list.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Can anyone confirm if these are real. If so, the Thrashers look better than I expected, and I don't care for the Coyotes new logo at all.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Can anyone confirm if these are real. If so, the Thrashers look better than I expected, and I don't care for the Coyotes new logo at all.

I can confirm a couple of those as being real, based on that I'm assuming the rest would be too

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Thanks for everyones opinion. If you'll have ideas for some of the logos then make them. I put my creativity into them. Just getting different ideas for how to change them helps. IF YOU WANT TO PUT UP UR OUR THAT WOULD BE FINE. I'm still a newbie at this vectors and creating logos so time will tell how good i'll get. Thanks to all for your opinions and if you want to help or change any of the logos let me know. Thank You and God Bless.

These are reported third jersey logos that I found on Icethetics (icethetics.blogspot.com). The man who runs the site says someone close to Reebok contributing under condition of anonymity has sent over some third jersey logos. (While they're watermarked, the owner says I can post them as long as I give credit to that site-icethetics.blogspot.com)

Atlanta Thrashers:

atlthrashers.jpg

(third jersey will have this arched above the player's jersey number in front)

Boston Bruins:

bosbruins.jpg

Buffalo Sabres:

bufsabres.jpg

Phoenix Coyotes:

phxcoyotes.jpg

Part 2 coming up next!

bYhYmxh.png

Part 2:

Pittsburgh Penguins:

pitpenguins.jpg

San Jose Sharks:

sjssharks.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning:

tbllightning.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs:

torleafs.jpg

(Los Angeles Kings, Ottawa Senators, and St. Louis Blues are "TBD", Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, and Philadelphia Flyers will have their primary logos on different-colored jerseys, Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders, and Vancouver Canucks will wear vintage logos, and Dallas Stars' third will simply be an inverted variation of their home jersey-it'll be white with "Dallas" and the player's number in green)

bYhYmxh.png

Wow, failing marks to Phoenix all the way around. They're trying much too hard to add black to their look. In addition, the coyote looks a little generic and too fox-like, and appears to have hooves. The triangular, pupil-less eye thing is getting really cliche, too. And speaking of generic; another paw print logo? Lastly, that script wordmark just doesn't fit the great identity they'd already established for themselves. Change for change's sake, I say.

The full-body coyote seems incomplete and almost clip-arty, the script, while decent on its own, has nothing to do with the identity, and the paw logo, while I think it looks nice, introduces yet another script, and will likely come-off as a "me too" with Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis also doing the logo-in-circle thing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived