CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Nah, act like you've been there before and you might get back there.

That's the thing - you may very well never get back there. I say if you win, make the most of it and don't take it for granted. If I worked my whole life to win something, I'd want my ring as flashy as possible.

make it as flashy as you want, but it also has to look good, i can have the flashiest, most expensive ring, with 200 diamonds, and be the heaviest ring ever, but if it doesn't look good, ill wear it, or even display it in any fashion

That's a high end douche feature for a high end douche like Loria

Just the owners ring is that way. Players is just a ring

Wait, so that Marlins ring is a watch too?

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Nah, act like you've been there before and you might get back there.

That's the thing - you may very well never get back there. I say if you win, make the most of it and don't take it for granted. If I worked my whole life to win something, I'd want my ring as flashy as possible.

make it as flashy as you want, but it also has to look good, i can have the flashiest, most expensive ring, with 200 diamonds, and be the heaviest ring ever, but if it doesn't look good, ill wear it, or even display it in any fashion

Agree 100%! A lot of the past Super Bowl

Rings remind me of that. For the most part flashy but within limits...the come the ravens

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Don't they get a separate ring from the Orange Bowl?

I know alot of teams will just combine rings. Badgers have done this with almost all their rings. Saves money

Doesn't the bowl game give out those rings though, not the the school?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

TSN recently did a six minute feature on the 2003 Edmonton Eskimos and their Grey Cup ring. They were scheduled to play in Toronto on Thursday, August 14... that day is most famous for the massive blackout across the Eastern Seaboard. The game was delayed three days, leaving the Eskimos stranded in Toronto and eventually out of resources (CFL commissioner Tom Wright had to bring them bags of his own money). The players used this time to bond and bring the team closer together. Edmonton won 10 of their final 12 games en route to winning the Grey Cup.

In addition to 150 white diamonds, each ring contains a single black diamond located on the right side (in the middle of the Grey Cup trophy's base), signifying the blackout and the turnaround of their season.

mJlJfjB.jpg

Here's the link to the feature for anybody interested: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-latest/latest/2/0/977937/clip/#cfl-latest/latest

lol ill never understand the NCAA. They have literally suspended kids for taking just hundreds of dollars from outside sources, but it's ok to give them thousand dollar rings, with real diamonds and gold?

The rings can be no more than $300 in value under NCAA rules. Its fake gold and fake diamonds but it still looks good and unless you follow closely no one will ever know

lol ill never understand the NCAA. They have literally suspended kids for taking just hundreds of dollars from outside sources, but it's ok to give them thousand dollar rings, with real diamonds and gold?

The rings can be no more than $300 in value under NCAA rules. Its fake gold and fake diamonds but it still looks good and unless you follow closely no one will ever know

Exactly! They used to use real gold before prices skyrocketed! Now it's just a jewelers alloy that's used. But I have heard that the coaching staff still get real gold rings.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Exactly! They used to use real gold before prices skyrocketed! Now it's just a jewelers alloy that's used. But I have heard that the coaching staff still get real gold rings.

I would say that is the case because their rings can cost as much as the school wants to pay

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^

Sports-rings.com

I am a newbie myself but welcome.

I have seen your website and blog, it is pretty awesome!

Like you, I keep looking for bigger and bigger rings, I am assuming the new Miami Heat ring will be done by jostens again and hoping it will top the 115 grams that was the last ring. New Blackhawks ring should also be largest Stanley cup ring too....October is going to be fun.

Thanks Dralec for your kind words!

What's amazing about this hobby is that unlike baseball cards, you can't go out and buy a 500 page book, read it and become an expert on the subject. There is so little published information on this hobby. I spend hours each week researching rings and compiling my information in my own database.

The pictures and contributions on this board are amazing, I hope to be able to contribute to this group.

Not sure if you and others know, but Jostens will probably create fan rings again for the heat. This is a new trend that the Packers, Heat, SF Giants have offered over the last few years. If you are on a budget you can get a non-gold and cz version ring, or if you wish to spend some money, you can get a solid gold and diamond ring. I would say these rings are comparable to "B" version rings. And best of all, your last name can be displayed on the shank.

Here are two gold and diamond versions I own, with my name on the shank, ordered directly from Jostens:

Please note the pictures are not to scale, the Packers ring is about 25% larger than the Giants ring.

customjos.jpg