Unpopular Opinions

In my ideal alternate universe, the Hornets would be in Oklahoma City with a black/yellow/brick palette and all franchise records, and the Charlotte Bobcats would pick up the teal, purple, and Rockwell Bold Condensed, honor the 1988-2002 Hornets as they see fit but keep the Bobcats name. Oklahoma City would unretire Maravich's #7 and Bobby Phills's #13, Charlotte would re-retire the latter.

dFB1mn0.jpg

Some may see this Bobcats logo as a perverse facsimile of the joy the Hornets brought to the Carolinas. I think it's pretty good as far as NBA recolors go; better than the actual recolor the Bobcats did in their "last" years, as much as I did see promise in the color scheme. And besides, all this would mean that the Supersonics exist, the Pelicans don't, and the Thunder don't either. Even with flaws, it's a...net gain. yeeaahhhh

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Speaking of relocations,

w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.png\

The classic Expos logo is incredibly ugly. While I do appreciate the attempt to subtly add the "e" and "b" to the "M" silhouette (even if it adds an unintentional "l" into the mix), the execution is lacking. Instead of looking graceful, it simply looks like an M-shaped blob with an "e" and "b" attached. If the unlikely return of the Expos was ever to happen, I hope they aren't forced to use this logo. I'd much rather they use something like this:

I0br81m.png

A combination of the excellent (and more importantly, graceful) "M" from the 1992-2004 road script with a contrast-colored fleur-de-lis (as a way of contrasting them with the Anglophone Blue Jays and their Maple Leaf logo).

Speaking of relocations,

w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.png\

The classic Expos logo is incredibly ugly. While I do appreciate the attempt to subtly add the "e" and "b" to the "M" silhouette (even if it adds an unintentional "l" into the mix), the execution is lacking. Instead of looking graceful, it simply looks like an M-shaped blob with an "e" and "b" attached. If the unlikely return of the Expos was ever to happen, I hope they aren't forced to use this logo. I'd much rather they use something like this:

I0br81m.png

A combination of the excellent (and more importantly, graceful) "M" from the 1992-2004 road script with a contrast-colored fleur-de-lis (as a way of contrasting them with the Anglophone Blue Jays and their Maple Leaf logo).

I like where your going with this idea but that M logo reads "cM" to me. The "c" in the curl is very pronounced and once you see it, it cant be unseen.

cleveland-browns-at-new-york-jets-c2ea58

I really love the Browns' new brown jerseys.

JK!

I think that'd make me a horrible person if I really did.

I feel like those uniforms wouldn't be half bad if they didn't have the word Browns on the side of the pants. Or if they weren't paired with orange socks.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Maybe I have an unpopular opinion because a bunch of people seem to love the Redskins' yellow pants. I have grown really tired of them.They look stale and just completely symbolic of a failed era in Washington. I particularly dislike the home jerseys with them. And it's not just the pants, it's the socks that match nothing, the shrunken sleeve stripes and the toothpick sleeve numbers Nike reduced them to. The whole Redskins uniform just looks awful and cheap now, at least to me.

AAIR208.jpglarge_jasoncampbell.JPG

So much better than:

5054efc3de7de.preview-620.jpg

RG3-Redskins-Facebook-11.jpg

(and I realize they dropped the toilet collars on the roads. I couldn't find a better picture).

• Like 3
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Maybe I have an unpopular opinion because a bunch of people seem to love the Redskins' yellow pants. I have grown really tired of them.They look stale and just completely symbolic of a failed era in Washington. I particularly dislike the home jerseys with them. And it's not just the pants, it's the socks that match nothing, the shrunken sleeve stripes and the toothpick sleeve numbers Nike reduced them to. The whole Redskins uniform just looks awful and cheap now, at least to me.

I totally agree. When I heard they were going to yellow pants I thought it sounded great. And it just looks blah.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)