Unpopular Opinions

To be honest, I actually really like the whites in action. It's the brick jersey that's the problem for me; whereas the whites provide a base that allows for contrast and each element to be seen clearly, the brick sort of muddles with the black and doesn't look as sharp.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Not really a uniform related unpopular opinion, but more a naming-related one: I dislike when teams use a state/region name when they are not the only team nearby. For example, "Carolina Panthers" is fine because there is no other NFL team in the Carolinas, but I disliked "California Angels" because there were clearly other teams in California.

The only one I give a pass to is "Texas Rangers" because it's named for a real law-enforcement group, and let's face it, "Dallas Rangers" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Not really a uniform related unpopular opinion, but more a naming-related one: I dislike when teams use a state/region name when they are not the only team nearby. For example, "Carolina Panthers" is fine because there is no other NFL team in the Carolinas, but I disliked "California Angels" because there were clearly other teams in California.

The only one I give a pass to is "Texas Rangers" because it's named for a real law-enforcement group, and let's face it, "Dallas Rangers" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Not unpopular at all.

What about Florida Marlins, which sounds a lot better than Miami Marlins IMO

How?

Florida Marlins rolls off the tongue.

They were created when there were no other MLB teams in Florida

And they changed it soon after there was another team in Florida.

Also, there are 7 states in the US that have and will have more than one pro team per league in each state:

California

Florida

Missouri

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Texas

Of the teams in those states (not counting New York), only two currently use the state names (Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers), and those two teams are named after something. To me, California Kings sounds just as good as the LA Kings (and better than the unabbreviated Los Angeles Kings). Adding in teams that recently changed their names, you have the California Angels, California (Golden) Seals, and Florida Marlins. All of which sound good.

How?

"Miami Marlins" sort of twists my tongue. "Florida Marlins" is much smoother and flows better.

Aside from that, "Florida" is just a beautiful word. I'm sure that might be a weird thing to say, but I don't know how else to describe it. It's just a fluid word. I don't really feel "Miami" shares that, for some reason.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

"Miami Marlins" is much better: it's alliterative, more specific, and ties in with the historical minor-league team.

All state names other than Minnesota are awful. Multi-state names (New England, Carolina) are even more awful. No, Kraft Productions, you're not from six different states at once.

EDIT: will wait for WSU151 to tell me that they are from six different states at once

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also, there are 7 states in the US that have and will have more than one pro team per league in each state:

California

Florida

Missouri

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Texas

Of the teams in those states (not counting New York), only two currently use the state names (Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers), and those two teams are named after something. To me, California Kings sounds just as good as the LA Kings (and better than the unabbreviated Los Angeles Kings). Adding in teams that recently changed their names, you have the California Angels, California (Golden) Seals, and Florida Marlins. All of which sound good.

To me, California Kings sounds like a mattress store. Also, you forgot Illinois, unless you're not including multiple teams from the same city.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

California

Florida

Missouri

New York

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Texas

To me, California Kings sounds like a mattress store. Also, you forgot Illinois, unless you're not including multiple teams from the same city.

True. But I don't think we have to worry about seeing the Illinois Cubs or Illinois White Sox