Unpopular Opinions

Love love love the Chiefs red pants but...my favorite uni combo for them is their white on white look! So clean and classic and not worn enough. I always get really excited when I see that they're going to wear it. Even though the last couple times they've worn it, they've lost. Awful playoff lost from a couple years ago too :(

White over White (11/10)

White over Red (10/10)

Red over White (9/10)

Red over Red (bleh)

ks-12-allwhite-zumapress-620x425.jpg

I dont think the Chiefs should even own red pants

• Like 2

My comment regarding Utah stems from people continuing to believe that the Jazz belong back in New Orleans, and that the name doesn't make sense in its current location.

Well, it doesn't really. The team had considered Pioneers and Saints when the team moved, but team ownership decided to keep the Jazz name (one account being that they didn't want to spend the money to make all the necessary changes). I'm guessing that owner Sam Battistone just felt attached to the name and wanted to keep it.

I would certainly agree that the name has become much more accepted, but the logical thing would have been to send the Jazz name back to the New Orleans team when the Hornets moved there and renamed the team. There's a lot of money to be made in a rebranding - I'm sure the Hornets and Pelicans are cashing in on their name changes. (But the Miller family may also feel an attachment for the team name, especially now that Larry Miller has passed away)

Well that, and the fans are so attached to the name and history behind it that I feel changing it would be a disaster. I know I personally, as a lifelong fan, would be outraged.

Maybe they should have changed it first thing in 1979, but they didn't, and since then they've had a whole lot of worthwhile history follow with the name. Changing it just because it'd "make more sense" would be throwing away that history and I'm certain the vast majority of Jazz fans would not approve at all. It's just synonymous with everything we've come to love about the team, despite it "not making sense".

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Love love love the Chiefs red pants but...my favorite uni combo for them is their white on white look! So clean and classic and not worn enough. I always get really excited when I see that they're going to wear it. Even though the last couple times they've worn it, they've lost. Awful playoff lost from a couple years ago too :(

White over White (11/10)

White over Red (10/10)

Red over White (9/10)

Red over Red (bleh)

I'd go 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, bleh. It should be really hard to mess up the Chiefs' look, but they find a way regardless (this could also describe their play).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And weirdly, Utah Jazz just sounds better.

That's because it's been around for a long time. While it doesn't really make sense, it sounds better. I bet it would be the same thing if the Canadiens moved to Cleveland (like they were going to a long time ago,) and kept the same name. The Cleveland Canadiens wouldn't make sense, but if they had been there for 50+ years, that would sound right, just not make any sense.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

And weirdly, Utah Jazz just sounds better.

That's because it's been around for a long time. While it doesn't really make sense, it sounds better. I bet it would be the same thing if the Canadiens moved to Cleveland (like they were going to a long time ago,) and kept the same name. The Cleveland Canadiens wouldn't make sense, but if they had been there for 50+ years, that would sound right, just not make any sense.

Or perhaps if the Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles.......

• Like 1

I think white shoulder yokes look really bad on colored sweaters in hockey (this includes the Avs third jersey, the Islanders stadium series jersey, the vintage Capitals sweaters, etc). The ice is white, your opponents are wearing white sweaters, and it tends to look like you bought a stock uniform and slapped some logos on it.

I think white shoulder yokes look really bad on colored sweaters in hockey (this includes the Avs third jersey, the Islanders stadium series jersey, the vintage Capitals sweaters, etc). The ice is white, your opponents are wearing white sweaters, and it tends to look like you bought a stock uniform and slapped some logos on it.

This is my favorite use of that look

DGrantNstars.jpg

The problem is that the whole idea of the Perds embracing yellow is that it's become their whole rallying point: they're The Yellow Team. If they were to wear it on the road, that'd be great, but it would have to be their home uniform as well. That would be interesting for one team to have only one uniform. Maybe wear the yellow helmets on the road so as not to clash with dark helmets (but not Dark Helmet) and wear the blue helmets at home against the visiting team's white.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You're thinking yellow-vs-color matchups, Cap? I'm so there.

Yep. Wear gold on the road in place of white, and wear navy at home. I know it diminishes the team's ownership of yellow/gold, but big picture? The Preds would still have a very unique set, and the yellow would still be a huge part of that.

I don't like the yellow helmets. It worked with the Kings because there was a different color (purple) between the main color of the jersey and the helmet. On the Preds' unis there's no buffer between the mustard yellow of the jersey and the yellow helmet.

spacer.png

Speaking of the LA Kings, it's so weird to me that they had black, purple, and silver not unlike the NBA's Sacramento Kings who had a rivalry with the Lakers in the early 2000s. Is there a story behind that choice of color scheme?

I know Milwaukee Bucks fans were happy when they dropped the purple from their scheme in 2006, partly due to the fact that one of the Packers' rivals (Vikings) have it as their primary color.

The problem is that the whole idea of the Perds embracing yellow is that it's become their whole rallying point: they're The Yellow Team. If they were to wear it on the road, that'd be great, but it would have to be their home uniform as well. That would be interesting for one team to have only one uniform. Maybe wear the yellow helmets on the road so as not to clash with dark helmets (but not Dark Helmet) and wear the blue helmets at home against the visiting team's white.

I know some Preds fans wouldn't mind that. From a marketing standpoint, though, I doubt the team would ever go to a single sweater for both home and away.

You're thinking yellow-vs-color matchups, Cap? I'm so there.

Yep. Wear gold on the road in place of white, and wear navy at home. I know it diminishes the team's ownership of yellow/gold, but big picture? The Preds would still have a very unique set, and the yellow would still be a huge part of that.

It would detract from Nashville's gold identity, but a some of the fans wouldn't mind it too much if they made navy the home color (assuming a strong presence of gold as a secondary on the home). Marketing it right would be crucial by the team, though. Some sort of "We're taking Gold on the road" campaign.

The whole set was a train wreck from day 1... The yellow helmets just add the bold and underline.

Now that I've seen more of them, I'd rather wear the navy helmets at home and gold on the road. I strongly disagree that the set is a trainwreck, though. The previous set, now that was an unfocused 90's remnant nightmare.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)