Unpopular Opinions

Not sure how unpopular this is, but i hate Color on Color matchups.

I don't mind them as long as they aren't in an every game, every team situation. I love seeing the odd team in a non-white road jersey or a yellow home jersey.

I guarantee this will be an unpopular opinion but I have never liked the identity of the Colorado Avalanche, whatsoever. I hate their original jerseys with a passion, I think they are hideous, I hate the color combo and I hated the yeti foot. I think their identity is one of the most overrated in hockey. The only jersey of theirs so far that I have found 1/2 decent was their now retired blue alternate. I hope their new alternate will be a head-to-toe improvement.

For the NBA, I'd say the 1990s was the best decade for uniforms. It was a very experimental time with unique color schemes, logos, and uniform templates. Sure, some looks haven't aged well, but there are some that I dearly miss (1988-1997 Hornets, 1989-1998 Magic, 1993-2000 Suns, 1995-2001 Sonics). I'm even a fan of Denver's look from 1993-2003 - even if it's synonymous with losing. And weirdly, Grant Hill made those teal Pistons jerseys work really well.

But the best part about that era is that it was a very transitional period as well. You still had older, simpler templates that somehow managed to complement the newer, more experimental stuff. It was truly an overlap of uniform trends.

• Like 1

Not sure how unpopular this is, but i hate Color on Color matchups.

Thank you. Looks like a children's rec league game.

Most color on color matchups throwback to the beginning of most leagues, where most teams had one jersey. And I don't think a Toronto vs. Boston, or any of the NFC north teams would look like a child's rec league. They would actually look professional.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like the Ravens uni's.

I do as well, so long as they stay away from the black pants. When it's black-purple-white or black-white-white? One of my favorite looks in the league. I love the logos as well.

I like the Ravens in black helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks. I'd like them more if they didn't have such crappy logos and numerals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the Ravens uni's.

I do as well, so long as they stay away from the black pants. When it's black-purple-white or black-white-white? One of my favorite looks in the league. I love the logos as well.

I like the Ravens uni's.

I like the Ravens in black helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks. I'd like them more if they didn't have such crappy logos and numerals.

I'd like the Ravens in all black, with a caveat: put stripes on the pants.

919L0Er0%2BUL._SL1500_.jpg

I'd even like seeing them go with black/purple/black, maybe with the fat white stripe on the black pants:

12lvhou.jpg

It'd be nice to see them put the original B-shield logo (or some variation of it), the original full-bodied bird, or use the 1996-98 unused raven's head logo on their helmets:*

nyklgmbbhe362qbke35qmozvf.gif

I've even toyed with the idea of using purple-flake helmets, not unlike the Jaguars did with teal flake from 2009-2012. 5368779068_aef67c8904.jpg

*It's (probably) not going to happen, given the lawsuit that pushed them to change to their current look in the first place.

• Like 1

I've even toyed with the idea of using purple-flake helmets, not unlike the Jaguars did with teal flake from 2009-2012. 5368779068_aef67c8904.jpg

*It's (probably) not going to happen, given the lawsuit that pushed them to change to their current look in the first place.

I'd like to see it with the logo enlarged about 15 to 20 percent.