Unpopular Opinions

My problem with the Eagles' midnight green uniforms is the inclusion of additional dark colors (black & charcoal grey). If they were just midnight green & white (or even silver) they'd be a lot more tolerable for me.

I think you are spot on there. Get rid of the black and charcoal.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I prefer jerseys without players' names on the back.

My case: #2 wouldn't be as iconic if "Jeter" was on the back. That's my opinion

derekjeterjersey.jpg

Also:

4dcab45d28ebb.image.jpg

Lou Holtz also did this:

586303_medium.jpg

I'm not sure what it is that I like. It seems more like a united front.

The thing that would make me mad if I was a fan of any of those teams is that the replica jerseys and shirts have the names on it.

That always bugs me, seeing Yankees t-shirts at uniform places with names on the backs. It would drive me nuts.

Then again, it'd also drive me nuts to be a Yankees fan :P

spacer.png

derekjeterjersey.jpg

Also:

4dcab45d28ebb.image.jpg

Lou Holtz also did this:

586303_medium.jpg

The thing that would make me mad if I was a fan of any of those teams is that the replica jerseys and shirts have the names on it.

That always bugs me, seeing Yankees t-shirts at uniform places with names on the backs. It would drive me nuts.

Lol very true.

I wonder if its something the players association makes them do so that way the mlbpa and the player gets a cut from the sales of the shirt or replica jersey since they probably cant is it doesn't have a player's name on it,

On 6/16/2015 at 7:32 AM, EddieJ1984 said:
On 6/16/2015 at 7:39 PM, Crabcake47 said:
On 6/15/2015 at 9:23 AM, EddieJ1984 said:
On 6/14/2015 at 3:18 PM, KJHillis said:

Also:

Lou Holtz also did this:

Lol very true.

I wonder if its something the players association makes them do so that way the mlbpa and the player gets a cut from the sales of the shirt or replica jersey since they probably cant is it doesn't have a player's name on it,

For some of the replica jerseys (at least about 10 years ago when I used to shop for 'em) they just used the same number / name font for every team and put names on regardless. It seemed very lazy but was also a testament to how much attention fans pay to rather large details. Most teams use names on back (all teams in other sports) so when they buy something that says "Jeter" on the back, they may truly not realize that there is nothing (aside from all-star BP jerseys) on the field that uses his name on back. And I agree. If I was a Yankee fan on the market for a "shirsey" I'd be frustrated that there is no such thing as a number-only-on-back.

I think fans also just like having the name on back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A sleeve logo and stripes that matched the helmet certainly helped turn a bland practice uniform into a respectable one.

syvelle_newton_2006_09_28.jpg

I agree. I think that was one of USC's best jerseys because it was simple without looking like a practice jersey. Totally unlike the UA designs.

10101913-large.jpg

The Clippers new logo and red jersey = I absolutely love them. Sooooo simple and yet that simplicity is what makes them so beautiful.

Troll.

If you like them, I've got plenty of junior high notebooks with designs very reminiscent of the abortions the Clippers just :censored: unto the world.

Edited by Mockba
Watch the language, please.

Excuse me?

I do agree with you about the logo, however, I feel like the Clips uniforms still lack that "it" that makes them great uniforms. (The number placement is weird to me.)

The Clippers new logo and red jersey = I absolutely love them. Sooooo simple and yet that simplicity is what makes them so beautiful.

Troll.

If you like them, I've got plenty of junior high notebooks with designs very reminiscent of the abortions the Clippers just :censored: unto the world.

So wait, the Clippers are :censored: ing birth control pills and/or dead fetuses into the world? Don't you mean abominations? Edited by Mockba
Language cleanup

Excuse me?

I do agree with you about the logo, however, I feel like the Clips uniforms still lack that "it" that makes them great uniforms. (The number placement is weird to me.)

I can see the feeling of the jerseys lacking the "it", but to me, I love just how basic the red jersey desgin is. Not only that, but it is completely different than any other NBA jersey and that's bonus in my book. I love when I team does something that is completely different and unique. I'm against the ideaology that professional teams must look a certain way and if they go outside the box, people consider it "generic" or "high school". A few teams need to swim against the current, IMO.

I do however hate the new white jersey. That one is a huge letdown.

Excuse me?

I can see the feeling of the jerseys lacking the "it", but to me, I love just how basic the red jersey desgin is. Not only that, but it is completely different than any other NBA jersey and that's bonus in my book. I love when I team does something that is completely different and unique. I'm against the ideaology that professional teams must look a certain way and if they go outside the box, people consider it "generic" or "high school". A few teams need to swim against the current, IMO.

I do however hate the new white jersey. That one is a huge letdown.

The white jersey is just okay. I like the Black and blue jerseys. Even though they kinda pulled a BFBS. I see what you're saying with the part about pro teams going against the current. I think that's what some are trying to do. The Clippers were a little too simple for most people. But one team that really screwed that up was the Hawks. They tried to go simple but that didn't really work out for them. They introduced a logo that sort of looks like a plane crash with a random basketball inserted in it.

Excuse me?

Troll.

If you like them, I've got plenty of junior high notebooks with designs very reminiscent of the abortions the Clippers just s:censored:hat unto the world.

So wait, the Clippers are :censored: ting birth control pills and/or dead fetuses into the world? Don't you mean abominations?
Pretty much, yeah. These logos are dead on arrival just like an aborted fetus, and are about as appealing looking.

I HATE the use of "PHILA" for the Sixers. I'll grant you that since they are not allowed to use "76ers", they have to either use a very long wordmark ("Philadephia" or "Seventy Sixers") or an abbreviated term ("Sixers"). Sixers is not ideal, but I think it's a lot better then "Phila".

I learned in the Sixers thread that "Phila" is a "thing" in "Philly." I still think it just looks "old" as opposed to retro. I would prefer "Sixers" by a long shot. And "Sixers" on all uniforms unless they want to try to find a way to use the full city.

Even if these all used "Sixers" I still would not love 'em. The lack of outline hurts it and the 7/6 stars upsets my OCD.

But the point of this post is that I hate "PHILA".

I know some people get annoyed at "am I the only one?" but in this case it seems to be a legitimate question.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I HATE the use of "PHILA" for the Sixers. I'll grant you that since they are not allowed to use "76ers", they have to either use a very long wordmark ("Philadephia" or "Seventy Sixers") or an abbreviated term ("Sixers"). Sixers is not ideal, but I think it's a lot better then "Phila".

I learned in the Sixers thread that "Phila" is a "thing" in "Philly." I still think it just looks "old" as opposed to retro. I would prefer "Sixers" by a long shot. And "Sixers" on all uniforms unless they want to try to find a way to use the full city.

Even if these all used "Sixers" I still would not love 'em. The lack of out line hurts it and the 7/6 stars upsets my OCD.

But the point of this post is that I have "PHILA".

I know some people get annoyed at "am I the only one?" but in this case it seems to be a legitimate question.

You're not the only one. "Phila" always looks incomplete to me, and it really sounds stupid when you say it. If they absolutely just have to use an abbreviated version of "Philadelphia" as opposed to just using "Sixers" (which isn't that good itself, when you think about it), then why not use the abbreviation that everyone both knows and actually uses? Shoot, I actually think they should take a shot at putting "Philadelphia" on the jersey. If the T-Wolves managed to fit "Timberwolves" onto a jersey, the 76ers using "Philadelphia" can be done.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.