Unpopular Opinions

Yeah, why wasn't yellow the secondary color on there? Then put the hem stripes a little lower so the numbers don't have to be distorted, and that would've been a really good sweater.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's an opinion which I know is unpopular - I loved the last Broncos helmet. I thought that shade of blue worked perfectly with orange and always felt that the blue on the uniforms should have been changed to match the helmets.

johnelway.jpg

i never liked that uniform but i agree the color palette is really nice. very sporty and energetic. probably too "retro" now for them to ever go that way full time though

the only way they could do this, would be it the orange was brighter, and the helmets were pearlized like the Giants helmets are now, or just even a metallic flake... the solid blue, painted shell looks horrible now compared to how flashy things are

Soccer leagues should mandate that players shoes/cleats be in the same color as the team uniform. Shoes are parts of the uniform. If your team wears black & red uniforms, you better damn well have on black & red shoes. Not green, orange, blue, or yellow! I find it hard to belive that soccer cleat/shoe manufacturers are unable to make their product in the specific team colors. IMO, there is no excuse for that in professional athletics.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 4 weeks later...

Inspired by the once-worn thread...

Josh_Jasper.jpg

The Packers should use this shade of gold.

I believe they tried at one point, but the backlash forced them to rethink.

I could've sworn that the Gold the Packers were considering was a lot lighter than this. However, this Gold wouldn't be bad for the Pack.

While I'm at it, I'd say that the Saints would look absolutely great in this shade of Gold. If done right, it would be a very refreshing update/call-back to their original uniforms. Perhaps the Rams could go this way, despite where they'll be playing 4 years from now, or the 49ers could use this eventually.

the new york rangers liberty jersey isn't that great.... the logo is sorta crappy, and the navy blue and grey don't fit in with the rangers identity at all.

+1

I never understood the love that it always got.

Cosigned. The Rangers are already perfect. They absolutely do not need an alternate, let alone one that's horrible.

spacer.png

IMO only professional athletes should have their names on the back of their uniforms. I don't care how much money a university makes off it's athletes. Or how much many boosters give college players under the table. They are still amateur athletes. Once the government starts taxing the income you make playing a sport then (and only then) should you be given the privelge of having your name on the back of your jersey.

Same applies to high school and youth sports. Names off!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

IMO only professional athletes should have their names on the back of their uniforms. I don't care how much money a university makes off it's athletes. Or how much many boosters give college players under the table. They are still amateur athletes.

haha no they're not.

Inspired by the once-worn thread...

Josh_Jasper.jpg

The Packers should use this shade of gold.

I believe they tried at one point, but the backlash forced them to rethink.

There wasn't a backlash, Ron Wolf just got cold feet at the last minute. Also, IIRC, that gold was supposed to be closer to what Notre Dame uses. The Packers actually have a historical precedent for wearing this gold from the 1950s.

1952_Oct26_PackersLions_preview.jpg

Meh, let Notre Dame look like Notre Dame. The Packers' uniform is a classic. Too many teams have faded/metallicized their gold and/or darkened their other color (Brewers, Rams, Penguins), why add the Packers to a list of not-very-good changes to very good uniforms?