2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Norris is sort of the "career achievement" award for defensemen since its easy to look at a d-man and say "Oh hes a great defenseman, he hasnt been BAD this year, lets give him the Norris!" more than actually watching how all the defensemen in the league play unless one puts up eye popping numbers.

Okay, well, can we at least ask our defenseman of the year to finish out the season with, um, a positive differential? Lidstrom's the last guy in the world who needs a career achievement Norris, inasmuch as his broom closet is full to bursting with actual achievement Norrises. He doesn't need one more for the road.

http://www.sbnation....lties-2010-2011

Leading the league in boarding, charging, hits from behind, clipping, elbowing, kneeing, aaaand roughing? Why, it's your pugnacious Pittsburgh Penguins! Whose act needs cleaning up now, Mario?

I agree with your point about Lidstrom, I'm just explaining the rationale that people use when they cant think of anyone else to give the Norris to.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

To me, Alain Vigneault, Mike Babcock, and to a lesser extent Guy Boucher should be the finalists for the Adams. Lemaire would be a distant 4th, or 5th maybe.

As much as I hate the Penguins, Dan Bylsma needs to be given strong consideration for keeping that team in the hunt while every worthwhile player they have has been injured, near death, or concussing opposing teams' stars.

Agreed.

I can't go with VIgneault or Babcock. I can't justify giving coaches of 1st place teams that are loaded with talent the Jack Adams award.

Much as I hate the Pens, Bylsma is a good coach, no question.

baltimoreravens.png

Barry Trotz, Dave Tippett, Guy Boucher.

If Calgary miraculously pulls this out then I gotta think Brent Sutter gets some votes.

Why?

He put them in the gutter, then pulled them out of it, before they started to play uneven hockey again. The Flames have been too inconsistent for Sutter to be considered.

So Plekanec wacks Nathan Horton upside the head with his stick and doesn't get kicked out of the game? That makes sense.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So Plekanec wacks Nathan Horton upside the head with his stick and doesn't get kicked out of the game? That makes sense.

It's just a freak accident. That's part of the game... :P

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Horton was embellishing :rolleyes:

He's also embellishing the scoreboard tonight. 4-0 Bruins.

Whoops, make that 5-0.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just a horrible decision to start Hiller so soon.

Yeah I wanted to see him back obviously, but I would have held him out until Monday's game against the Avs. Emery and Ellis should have handled the Nashville/Chicago duties. Those games are too big. The Ducks shouldn't be giving points to them, but to the Avs it wouldn't have mattered all that much I guess. Now they need to win in Chicago and Colorado.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7-0 Bruins. Chara with 3 assists. Cue the rioting in Montreal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Leafs pull within three points of 8th in the East. They've been less then two games out before, but they always choke. Oh well. I'm sure with the season drawing to a close they'll get their focus back and make a late season push to make the playoffs. Who's next? The Red Wings?

e222714-2.gif

Archived